BellaOnline
Barbra Streisand just signed a deal with Netflix to air some of her television and concert specials. The deal also includes Streisand's 1976 version of "A Star is Born". The singer revealed she got hold of some of the footage not included in the original and has now added it to the film. The newly restored version will be screening on Netflix soon. Streisand also revealed she has seen some of the new "A Star is Born", directed by Bradley Cooper, and she had positive things to say about Lady Gaga's performance. Cooper's film will be in theaters on October 5th.
I found the Streisand A Star is Born unconvincing, in fact, laughable. Though the singing was great.

I've never seen the 1937 original with Frederic March and Janet Gaynor. I know that some well-known folk wrote the script, including David O. Selznick whose creation it was. But also Dorothy Parker whose writing I love.

But who could forget the 1954 remake with Judy Garland and James Mason? (Too young to see it on release, but have had plenty of time to see it since then.)
© BellaOnline Forums