BellaOnline
Posted By: Jamise- Action Movies Ed Watching Movies in Theatres - 12/08/10 05:24 AM
Do you still go to movie theatres to watch movies and if yes, why? and if No, why not? I'm really curious. And do you think that some films, like ACTION films need to be viewed on the big screen?
Posted By: Dianne W - Editor Re: Watching Movies in Theatres - 12/08/10 11:38 AM
Hi Jamise,
UP until about a year ago, I used to go to movies all the time and either take the family and go by myself. Now for a family of 4 to go, it costs $40.00. If you get popcorn and drinks, it's another $30.

I started giving the kids options, $70 on a night at the movie or we go get 5 movies for 5 dollars at the Dollar Video store and do a movie night. Even if we order pizza, it's still under $25 dollars.

Besides, most movies are on DVD or pay per view in a month or so.
So unless there is an epic movie which "screams" I have to see it on the big screen (and there has not been), I wait.

Action films with big blow ups are great on the big screen, now if a good action film came out - I would oonsider going by myself to a matinee to see it.
Posted By: Drama_Movies_Editor Re: Watching Movies in Theatres - 12/08/10 06:44 PM
Action movies definitely need to be seen on the big screen. I need the darkness, and the loud sounds effects of a movie theater to get the full movie experience.
Posted By: Dianne W - Editor Re: Watching Movies in Theatres - 12/10/10 12:00 AM
I definitely agree about action is better on the big screen, it's just gotten TOO expensive - so I make sure it is movie I absolutely need to see.
Posted By: maurya Re: Watching Movies in Theatres - 12/10/10 07:11 AM
well me too love movies which r based upon action... i supposed that I've never left any action movie. Now i m waiting to Watch Ticking Clock ,the new upcoming action movie.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Watching Movies in Theatres - 01/19/11 10:29 AM
I saw 2 movies last year and 1 movie year before that and I do not think I am going to go anymore. Movies are not as good as they were before.
Posted By: Lucyhale Re: Watching Movies in Theatres - 02/04/11 12:21 PM
Yeah i still go to theaters to watch movies.. And the last movie i watched in theater is Inception.. well i feel the pleasure of watching movies like action or thriller on big screen can't compare to watching at home.
Posted By: sonita Re: Watching Movies in Theatres - 04/14/11 06:08 AM
i have watched movies in theater only some special day's. most of time i download's movies from internet.
Posted By: ExerciseEditor Re: Watching Movies in Theatres - 05/02/11 05:13 PM
I agree Diane. I do movie date night with my son and sometimes with my boyfriend once in a while and it's a treat. We go to the matinee and sneak in our own candy and drinks. We buy the popcorn there.

A movie = the price of a new wii game or a pair of shoes or a tank of gas so not worth it to go there besides with huge t.v. and computer screens and great speakers you can get the same movie feel at home plus you can stop the movie if you need to run to the bathroom!

We mostly watch movies at home.
Posted By: tia38 Re: Watching Movies in Theatres - 06/08/11 06:54 AM
Action is the genre where you never get bore.
Posted By: jessica001 Re: Watching Movies in Theatres - 07/23/11 12:15 PM
I think watching movies in theater is a good fun to do.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Watching Movies in Theatres - 07/28/11 06:21 PM
We have a large TV for all our video game reviewing and it's connected into a surround sound system so we get the thundering noise and large image. Also at home we aren't distracted by people waving phones around in the dark and making other noises. So in general we choose to stay at home for our own more controlled experience.

That being said, we are going to go out and see Harry Potter on the big screen because I hear its images might benefit from the theater experience. I cringe at what the people around me might do to distract, I guess we'll see!
Posted By: Craig58 Re: Watching Movies in Theatres - 07/30/11 04:16 AM
This year I have gone to the Movie theater to see "Thor", "Paul", "Green Lantern", "Captain America" and I plan on seeing "Cowboys and Aliens" soon.
Posted By: shellydsuza Re: Watching Movies in Theatres - 09/21/11 11:59 AM
I watched only fw movies in Theaters. Last movie that i watched was Saw 3. Its awesome movie. Like horror movies.
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: Watching Movies in Theatres - 01/23/13 12:14 AM
In November of 2009 I moved to a small town and there is a movie theatre in a town less than an half hour from here but they only show movies in French. I do speak French (my first language) but I absolutely hate dubbing (its a torture for me) so I have not seen any movie in a theatre since moving here. The worst for me was missing The Dark Knight Rises (i made a promise to myself to go somewhere where there is a movie theatre that shows the original versions but i havent found a job yet so i could not do that). Once in a while I do want to see a movie in French but none of these movies actually played here.
© BellaOnline Forums