BellaOnline
Posted By: bahrain Sam Elliott - 01/28/08 03:20 AM
I was watching a movie the other night with Sam Elliott in it.
I just think he is to die for. There is just something so incredible sexy about that man. It's his voice, his looks, everything.

Sometime I wish all men were like him. Yummy....To me, he is like fine wine that just gets better and better.

Does anyone else like him?
Posted By: M o e Re: Sam Elliott - 01/28/08 04:27 AM
I love him. The older he gets and he's still incredibly sexy. I just saw him at Christmas in the Golden Compass and he still has it!

Posted By: bahrain Re: Sam Elliott - 01/28/08 05:11 AM
I know what you mean. He just has the whole package going on, doesn't he.

I buy movies just because he is in them. Can't ever get enough.

Posted By: Vance - Crime Editor Re: Sam Elliott - 01/28/08 06:11 AM
Oh I know it. He is to die for. blush

Have you seen him as a cowboy in movies with Tom Selleck?

Man him and Tom Selleck together. Talk about being the jam in that sandwich, huh? lol. laugh
Posted By: bahrain Re: Sam Elliott - 01/28/08 06:20 AM
Makes for a great sandwich doesn't it Vance.

P.s. those points to ponder that you wrote about killed me. I was laughing so hard and then when I read the elevator ones, it was worse.

Great job Vance.
Posted By: bahrain Re: Sam Elliott - 01/28/08 06:22 AM
Makes for a great sandwich doesn't it Vance.

P.s. those points to ponder that you wrote about killed me. I was laughing so hard and then when I read the elevator ones, it was worse.

Great job Vance.
Posted By: bahrain Re: Sam Elliott - 01/28/08 06:25 AM
Some movies I have with Sam Elliott in are "The Quick and The Dead".
Ghost Rider, You Know My Name, Conagher, and The Ranger, The cook, and a hole in the Sky.
Posted By: Vance - Crime Editor Re: Sam Elliott - 02/01/08 06:06 AM
Sam Elliot is awesome. One of my fave actors. Loved him in Roadhouse with Patrick Swayze but loved him the most in the Westerns.

Bahrain, I am glad I was able to make you laugh. When I first read those elevator jokes, I cracked up and I think I laughed for days especially when I got into an elevator or thought about a couple of the lines. Just too funny.
Posted By: bahrain Re: Sam Elliott - 02/01/08 06:45 AM
Yes you did Vance. I loved the one about the human head on the cooler.
And of course, the race car sounds. LOL

Yes, Sam is awesome. Who can ever get enough of that manly voice and those good looks. I know I can't.
Posted By: M o e Re: Sam Elliott - 02/02/08 06:40 AM
My favorites are:
-Ghost Rider
-Thank you for Smoking
-Buffalo Girls
-Tombstone (fave)
-Houston
-The Contender
Posted By: bahrain Re: Sam Elliott - 02/02/08 06:44 AM
Oh definitely. Have you had a chance yet to look up that Hallmark movie that I was telling you about yet?
Posted By: M o e Re: Sam Elliott - 02/02/08 07:05 AM
Yes I have. I've put it on my list from my rental place (zip.ca). I'll let you know when it comes.
Posted By: bahrain Re: Sam Elliott - 02/02/08 07:09 AM
Sounds good. Let me know what you think after you watch it.
I know you'll enjoy it.
Posted By: Carolyn-Beer & Brewing Editor Re: Sam Elliott - 02/02/08 07:20 AM
Sorry to interrupt...I can just imagine Vance in the elevator
...with...the...head! And his "Do you have enough air in there?"
is hilarious!
Posted By: bahrain Re: Sam Elliott - 02/02/08 07:32 AM
That's ok Carolyn, that was very, very funny.
Posted By: Robin Crime Editor Re: Sam Elliott - 02/08/08 09:50 AM
Cher was so lucky to have had him for a boyfriend in Mask.....

My English teacher in high school was a shorter version of Sam Elliott.........ahhhh. Maybe I should go to my high school reunion this year.....hmmm
Posted By: bahrain Re: Sam Elliott - 02/09/08 05:06 AM
Yes, maybe you should. LOL
Posted By: Vance - Crime Editor Re: Sam Elliott - 02/09/08 05:57 AM
I did one of them on the elevator the other day in school. I got on the elevator and there were a couple of girls on there. I unzipped my bookbag, peered inside and said, "Do you have enough air in there?" I waited a moment and said "Okay. Let me know if you don't."

I zipped up my bookbag and stood there staring straight ahead. The girls were looking at me strange and I was trying hard not to laugh. They got off on the next floor and I heard them cracking up as the doors were closing. I was laughing so hard myself, people were looking at me strange when I got off on the next floor and they were getting on.

That's good stuff right there. lol.
Posted By: bahrain Re: Sam Elliott - 02/09/08 06:01 AM
Vance, you just couldn't help yourself, could you? LOL
Posted By: Robin Crime Editor Re: Sam Elliott - 02/09/08 06:53 AM
Vance - you are the kind of person I would want sitting next to me in a boring Dr's office - I have a feeling you would make it interesting!!!
Posted By: bahrain Re: Sam Elliott - 02/09/08 07:34 AM
Yes he would. No doubt about that. He is just hilarious with the simplest of things.
Posted By: Vance - Crime Editor Re: Sam Elliott - 02/09/08 07:46 PM
Yeah but my wife tells me it borders on annoying lol.

One time to my ex wife while she was sleeping, I shined two flashlights in her eyes and yelled, "LOOK OUT!! TRUCK!!!"

LOL Good times. Good times.

Another time we were driving late at night and she fell asleep in the car. I pulled over to the side of the road and parked right in front of a tree. I hit the high beams and started screaming. She woke up, saw the tree and started screaming too. ROFL

Hmmm...maybe that is why she is my ex wife lol
Posted By: bahrain Re: Sam Elliott - 02/09/08 09:52 PM
Now THAT is really funny Vance. Sounds like things that I would do.
Posted By: msbaby Re: Sam Elliott - 02/09/08 10:32 PM
The first movie I saw Sam Elliot in was an old movie called "The Lifeguard" (I'm pretty sure that's the name). If you think he looks good now....you should see him in that one.
Posted By: Vance - Crime Editor Re: Sam Elliott - 02/10/08 02:09 AM
Yes Msbaby,

It was The Lifeguard. I want to say that was early 80's maybe late 70's for that one but I will check to be sure.
Posted By: Vance - Crime Editor Re: Sam Elliott - 02/10/08 02:25 AM
Actually it was called "Lifeguard" and was made in 1975.

Here is a link if it works.
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Posted By: Carolyn-Beer & Brewing Editor Re: Sam Elliott - 02/15/08 11:57 AM
I never really noticed Sam Elliot much, but after reading his bio, (thank you, Vance - the Lifeguard link led to more links), I might seek him out more. He's quite and accomplished actor!
Posted By: Vance - Crime Editor Re: Sam Elliott - 02/22/08 03:20 AM
Sam Elliot is an accomplished actor and he has got the cowboy look and the gravelly voice that most women crave.

He is awesome and I hope someday he recieves some sort of lifetime achievement award by one of these award shows before he passes away and they do it posthumously.

He deserves any award he ever gets.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Sam Elliott - 02/22/08 08:08 AM
I will admit that I actually like Roadhouse and have seen it several times smile I think he's great in it!
Posted By: Vance - Crime Editor Re: Sam Elliott - 02/22/08 01:04 PM
Roadhouse was a great movie. It moved quick and didn't seem like it was a full length movie.

Patrick Swayze is another great actor I enjoy watching.

I think Roadhouse and Black Dog were my two favorite movies with him in it. Of course, I did like Dirty Dancing too.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Sam Elliott - 02/22/08 09:34 PM
Yes I do like Patrick Swayze too and like Dirty Dancing smile He sung that song "She's Like the Wind" in the movie and I think he might even have written it. People pick on him for being too pretty-boy but he is actually rather talented compared with many actors. He can't help the way he looks ...
Posted By: M o e Re: Sam Elliott - 02/22/08 09:43 PM
I enjoy Patrick Swayze too. He's another actor that hasn't been treated fairly in the industry. Where would the world be with out the Outsiders and Dirty Dancing. smile
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Sam Elliott - 02/23/08 12:16 AM
Oh I *loved* the Outsiders growing up. It was just great to watch. And also very interesting for me as a girl - because it's pretty much a "movie about boys" so it was interesting to watch how they all interacted together.
Posted By: Alice - Weight Loss Re: Sam Elliott - 02/23/08 12:21 AM
You have named some of the best movies. I recently watched (for the umpteenth time) Black Dog!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Sam Elliott - 02/23/08 12:23 AM
OK I admit I've never seen Black Dog! You guys have inspired me, I've tossed it into my NetFlix queue smile

I love NetFlix smile
Posted By: Vance - Crime Editor Re: Sam Elliott - 02/23/08 01:58 PM
Good Lisa. You will enjoy Black Dog. Meatloaf and Randy Travis are in it as well.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Sam Elliott - 02/24/08 07:01 AM
Hey!! I'm watching Roadhouse!! See it's like magic, we talk about something and then it comes on TV.

I love how the roadhouse subtly (and not so subtly) changes over time as it improves.

Of course the music is great too!
© BellaOnline Forums