BellaOnline
Posted By: Dianne W - Editor Ghostbusters 2016 Movie Review - 07/14/17 04:17 PM
"Who you gonna call?" This remake of the cult, classic original stars an all-female cast of ghostbusters for you to call. Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig, bring the laughs as Ghostbusters tries to rid Manhattan of a new onslaught of ghosts. Paranormal activity becomes paranormal comedy!

Ghostbusters 2016 Movie Review

After viewing the movie, which did you prefer? The original or the all-female reboot?
Posted By: Mona - Astronomy Re: Ghostbusters 2016 Movie Review - 07/14/17 05:47 PM
Diane, I went to see this one afternoon when I was out sightseeing and it was too much for my back. So a visit to the cinema with comfy seats seemed a good idea. I wouldn't have gone to see it otherwise.

In fact, I loved it. It was funny, but pacy and full of action. Loved the characters, good effects. Overall a great way to spend the afternoon.

I didn't compare it with the fabulous original. I just considered it on its own merits and felt they were considerable. Two super-fun films, didn't feel the need to choose.
Posted By: Dianne W - Editor Re: Ghostbusters 2016 Movie Review - 07/14/17 08:13 PM
Hi Mona,

Thank you so much for your post. I'm glad you enjoyed the movie. I'm surprised it is still in movie theaters, but I'm happy that it was comfy enough that you could enjoy it!

I waited a long time before I saw this movie, it wasn't exactly my cup of tea, but a mark of a not bad movie is my ability to stay awake watching it (I've been known to fall asleep in the theater as well) For this movie, I did stay awake, just wasn't a particular fan.

What other action movies do you like?
Posted By: Mona - Astronomy Re: Ghostbusters 2016 Movie Review - 07/15/17 04:48 AM
Dianne, I don't think it's still out in theaters. I saw it last year about this time. I'm not really a big fan of action movies as a genre, but I'm usually willing to consider a good film in most any genre. I tend to go for substance - and a challenge - rather than special effects.

The last thing I ventured to see was (English title) The Far Side of Hope, a strange, but compelling - and in parts very funny - Finnish film. I wouldn't even be able to categorize it. I get the impression the film maker is considered a one off!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Ghostbusters 2016 Movie Review - 01/05/18 10:46 AM
I really enjoyed this movie. I'm a huge fan of the Ghostbusters, and love all the movies.

I was hoping that the original ghostbusters would still play ghostbusters, like training the new generation, ya know? But it was great.

I'd have to say that out of the three movies, Ghostbusters 2 is my favorite. In fact, I had it recorded to my DVR last month, and I've watched it three times since then LOL!
© BellaOnline Forums