BellaOnline
Posted By: Alice - Weight Loss Submissive Wives - 05/18/15 12:42 PM
I watched the first episode of Submissive Wives in TLC. And then I read a few reviews of the show and I have to say that I'm disappointed that people are not seeing the bigger picture.

The two submissive wives both have their own work, but they take to heart their role as wife and mother. I think this is a very important conversation to be had, especially in the realization that our divorce rate in the U.S. has risen to nearly 70%. That's really SAD! What's the point of getting married? It seems to me that we've become a self-serving society where we don't seem to care who we hurt. People are disposable.

We lose sight of what we are here to do. Not to serve ourselves, but to find joy in serving others. Being that ray of sunshine in someone else's life. This is not about a woman losing her rights or about exploiting women. This is about women empowering themselves and taking pride in their work and role in the home. I think these women are strong women. They know who they are and they know their worth. They are also interested in hanging on to something and someone very important to them. And what is wrong with that?

Tara mentioned that if Kristin were to be submissive to and serve her husband, he will begin falling all over himself trying to find ways to please her. The message was if you give everything, then your efforts will be reciprocated. There's joy found in love and admiration of one's spouse.

I think this is an important conversation, because not every man is going to take advantage of a woman or expect her to bow down to him. This is built on love, honor, and respect. I don't think women should be offended.

I happily serve my fiancé. While I do miss the mark on dressing up for him (because I know men are drawn to women by their appearance FIRST, then he falls in love with the rest of her as she unfolds herself), I also know that he is worth every bit of effort on my part to bring joy and peace to his life. I want him to be excited to come home to me. And in my opinion, reaching beyond myself to make someone else happy, is very rewarding.

What do you think?
© BellaOnline Forums