BellaOnline
Posted By: Jon Van Wyk Please vote on a baby name for our son! - 05/01/10 04:12 PM
My wife will give birth to our new son in August. We have a 5 year old son (Dimitri) and a 2 1/2 year old daughter (Anastasia). I was born in Iowa, but my wife is a native of Russia. In Russia, the middle name of the children is the first name of the father combined with a suffix. My name is Jon, which translates to Ivan in Russian. Therefore my children's names are as follows:

Dimitri Ivanovich Van Wyk (We call him Dima)
Anastasia Ivanovna Van Wyk (We call her Ana)

We are now asking for people to vote on a new name for our son that is due in August. Please go to our family's website at www.jonvanwyk.com and vote on a name. It will only take a second. We like names that pay homage to my wife's Russian heritage, but is also easy to pronounce. Thank you in advance for your input!

~EDIT from Nancy~
Here are the names being considered:

Alexander
Andrei
Damyan
Ivan
Maksim
Nikolai

If you'd rather not leave the Baby Names forum to cast a vote at Jon's page, please comment below with the option you like best. Thanks!
Thanks for the lesson in Russian tradition. Very interesting.
I voted for the name Nicolai. (I may not have spelled that correctly - I already closed the web page.)
I was torn between Maksim and Alexander. My son's name was Alex but not Alexander. Maksim sounds special, somehow.
I prefer Maksim! I absolutely love that name. :) I also like AZlexander and Nikolai.
© BellaOnline Forums