BellaOnline
Angelina and Brad welcomed twins Knox Leon (boy) and Vivienne Marcheline (girl) the other day in France.

Do you like the names?

And, do you like the names of the first four (Maddox, Pax, Zahara, and Shiloh)?
I just noticed an article in which various baby name "experts" graded the twins' names...

Whitney Walker
Knox Leon: B-minus, Vivienne Marcheline: B-plus.

Maryanna Korwitts
Knox Leon: D-plus, Vivienne Marcheline: C.

Jennifer Moss
GRADE: Knox Leon: B, Vivienne Marcheline, A.

What would you grade the names?
Posted By: elle Re: Jolie-Pitt Twin Names - Love 'em? Hate 'em? - 07/14/08 09:33 PM
I like them, especially Vivienne. I was really surprised that for once we have celebrity babies with fairly normal names.

As for a grade, I think I would say:

Vivienne: A
Marcheline: D

Knox: B
Leon: E

But then (hopefully) they won't be using the second names too much, so that's an A and a B for the names they'll be using.

(Although maybe Vivienne will do like her mother and use her second name as a professional surname, in which case Marcheline makes quite a nice sounding surname and pairs really well with Vivienne. I can just see the billing for her on a poster...)
My twins are Tracey Christina and Melissa Marie. I can't tell you how many people said I should have "rhyming" names like Melissa and Marissa or Tracey and Stacey!
i actually love the names she gave the babies
Kristen, good thing you didn't listen to that advice. I think that is as unpopular as naming conventions in children's books when they do something silly like Dopey Dog, Lucky Duck...professionals advise against that.
I like both names and don't think they are too far off the norm.

Hey - at least with Apple, her middle name wasn't Py (was it?)
I am pregnant with a little boy - my third baby...but if he had been a girl I was wanting to name her Vivian Rose. I LOVE Vivian...their spelling choice is unusual but not horrible.

Angela <><
Posted By: elle Re: Jolie-Pitt Twin Names - Love 'em? Hate 'em? - 07/17/08 04:20 AM
I forgot to answer the second part of your original question:

I love that all the boys' names end in X. I think that's really cute and inclusive, a unity between adopted and biological. However, what I don't really like about the names is that there is no easy (and cool) nickname for any of them.

I don't really like "Zahara" - I find it a hard sounding name. And "Shiloh" just sounds too much like Shakespeare's Shylock to me, so I keep picturing a scrawny old guy with a grey beard.
These names are fairly classic.
© BellaOnline Forums