BellaOnline

This delicious creamy soup is filled with veggies and comes together in less than half an hour. While the veggies are cooking, I can throw some sandwiches together. The article has suggestions for quick and easy sandwiches to eat with this, including links to the recipes in the Related Links.

Simple Cream of Vegetable Soup
Hi Connie,

I hope this finds you and yours well and in good health.

I have never added fresh ginger to soup before - so what an idea! What does it do? Crispen the taste? Deepen the flavour? Enhance other ingredients?

I guess all three - so I will be trying this soon as I find the lifestyle changes I have made in connection with my diet has led me to eating more fresh vegetable soups, regardless of the weather, so ... I have lots of opportunity.

Do you find split peas a good base for soups? You have probably spoken of these before, I am just asking again and now.

Cheers
Lestie, you are so right, it does all three. Plus, it add just a little spicy bite! I love my fresh ginger.

I love split pea soup! No, I haven't done a recipe for this. Split pea is good with cheese sandwiches and any kind of smoked meat. Thanks for the good idea!

It's time to order more peppadew. I like having a jar in the pantry for when the craving strikes.
© BellaOnline Forums