BellaOnline
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Sandwich du jour - 08/29/13 05:54 AM
The French have a term-du jour. It means made for a particular day.

If you have a great sandwich meal on a given day, please share with the rest of us. Just list what you had. I'll get us started.

For lunch today, I am having a warm brat on nutty grain bread with Muenster and tartar sauce.

Now, your turn!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 08/31/13 10:15 PM
For breakfast I had egg, cheese, and ham on an English muffin.
Posted By: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/02/13 05:41 PM
My sandwich lately has been a fresh garden tomato sandwich on grilled bread with mayo, basil, salt and pepper.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/02/13 08:11 PM
That is a great sandwich! Congratulations on your fresh garden tomatoes.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/03/13 05:45 AM
Today it is chunky Jif peanut butter with blackberry jelly on sprouted grain bread.
Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/03/13 11:51 AM
We have fresh tomatoes from the greenhouse ... so I had an open-face sandwich of cheese, bacon, tomato and lettuce for the top cover. 0:)
Posted By: kismet2 Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/03/13 12:12 PM
Fresh tomatoes are my favorite sandwich filling. Just sliced tomatoes with pepper, salt and mayo.
Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/03/13 02:52 PM
I've always loved tomato sandwiches - sure says summer for me!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/03/13 07:26 PM
I have had precious few fresh tomatoes this summer. I love them.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/04/13 06:13 AM
Yesterday I had vegetarian tostadas. They were made with a flat, fried tortilla, beans, cheese, guacamole, lettuce, tomato, and Jack's Special Salsa. So good!
Posted By: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/04/13 10:57 AM
I don't grow my own tomatoes right now but I get them from a local farmstand where they are grown on site. These huge tomatoes are as big as your entire hand, and the slices fit nicely on my wide whole grain bread. I am enjoying the sandwiches so much that often I will have them for breakfast!
Posted By: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/04/13 10:58 AM
Susan and Connie......your ideas sound yummy!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/07/13 09:21 PM
My go-to sandwich lately has been chunky Jif peanut butter with organic grape jelly on sprouted grain sesame bread. The crusts are really chewy, and the jelly soaks into the bread. So good!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/08/13 08:38 AM
This morning I had an open-face chunky peanut butter on toast for breakfast. The toast was sprouted grain sesame bread. Of course, I would rather have sourdough, but the sprouted grain is better for me.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/09/13 06:15 AM
No sandwich today! I had breakfast, lunch, and dinner sandwiches yesterday. The best was a Muenster and pepperjack on a seeded grainy bread with loads of mayo. My husband adds more mayo than I do, so it was really tasty!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/10/13 11:06 PM
I had a really great charcoal grilled hamburger on a fresh bun with lettuce, tomato, thin sliced onions and dill pickles, plus mustard.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/11/13 06:18 AM
I am having a lunch sandwich today, since I have to work through lunch. Charcoal grilled chicken tenders with mayo on a soft bakery bun is the sandwich du jour for me!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/11/13 08:42 PM
Today, I made a meatloaf just to be used for sandwiches. It has a bit more salt in it to help it maintain its presence in a sea of mayo on whole grain bread.

I'll post the recipe soon.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/12/13 06:44 AM
Later today when I am feeling better, I might have a meatloaf sandwich. We'll see...
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/13/13 05:24 AM
My sandwich today will be a meatloaf with mayo on a bun. Later, I'll have that old familiar, Jif Crunchy with grape jelly on sprouted grain bread.
Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/13/13 05:47 AM
My sandwich du jour will be an open-face butter and peanut butter - it is my all time fav and what my mom packed in my lunch box. My grand daughter, 13, was visiting this summer and for lunch she asked for the peanut butter and butter sandwich - must be in the genes.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/14/13 09:02 AM
That is also one of my husband's favorites. I have to many years of Weight Watchers conditioning to be able to enjoy butter and peanut butter together. I am sure that it tastes lovely!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/15/13 10:06 PM
For breakfast, I had a small meatloaf sandwich with mayo and mustard on multi-grain bread.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/17/13 10:58 PM
Today I had an open face Colby-Jack with Pepperjack (lots of jack here) cheese with mayo on sprouted grain bread. It was good. Of course, I also had my crunchy Jif and organic grape jelly.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/18/13 06:04 AM
The sandwich du jour is a tostada made with a tortilla shell, refried beans, cheese, pickled jalapeno, and salsa. Easy to do in the microwave at work.
Posted By: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/18/13 08:40 AM
Lately when I need a quick meal on the go I have been having a half sandwich of 12 grain bread with peanut butter.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/18/13 08:54 PM
Tonight we got our brisket. Costco had prime brisket for less than $3 a pound. I bought it and my sister cooked it. Yum, yum! Brisket sandwiches tomorrow!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/19/13 05:47 AM
I'm having a brisket sandwich for breakfast. How decadent is that?
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/20/13 12:11 AM
That brisket sandwich was dandy for breakfast.
Posted By: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/20/13 08:14 AM
Today I will be having a sandwich consisting of sliced rotisserie chicken on 12 grain bread with mayo and a lot of black pepper.
Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/20/13 09:57 AM
Connie, I'd rather give up butter on something else, like mashed potatoes, than give it up on my peanut butter sandwich ... ah, choices ...
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/20/13 12:47 PM
I know it is delicious. At some stores in the States we have Kerrygold butter. It is from Ireland and such a LOVELY treat. I wasn't able to buy it for awhile, and missed it tremendously.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/21/13 07:41 AM
I highly recommend grabbing a pound of hamburger and making my Sandwich Meatloaf Recipe. It is so tasty and easy to make. Meatloaf sandwiches--yum!
Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/21/13 09:37 AM
Today I had another favorite - an open-face baked bean sandwich. I toast the bread and heat the beans (from homemade yesterday) and spread the toast with mustard. Satisfying. smile
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/21/13 10:50 PM
I'll have to try this. It sounds interesting.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/24/13 06:35 AM
It's back to pbj on sprouted grain sesame bread.
This is a good sandwich. I have to eat gluten free and if I have the right bread it works with beans. I read about someone having that kind of sandwich in a book so it wasn't the first time I had heard of a bean sandwich.
Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/24/13 11:27 AM
Speaking of gluten free bread - I'm in the process of making a starter batch to make sourdough bread. It will be ready in two days and I'll report back on how it sits with me ...
Posted By: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/24/13 07:47 PM
Today's sandwich was peanut butter on oatnut bread.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/24/13 11:08 PM
Thanks for all of the interesting posts!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/25/13 05:42 AM
Today I'll have a Muenster and pepperjack with mayo on oatnut bread.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/29/13 10:40 PM
For breakfast, I had a beef sausage with cheddar cheese on seeded whole grain bread with mayo.

Lunch was fish sticks in a wrap with melted cheese and a dab of Claussen pickle relish.

Dinner was a sandwich on seeded whole grain bread with a filling of pepperjack cheese and mayo.

It was a big sandwich day!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 10/01/13 05:43 AM
Today, I am having chunky organic peanut butter with organic grape jelly on sprouted grain bread. Personally, I like chunky Jif better than organic peanut butter. What's your favorite peanut butter?
Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Re: Sandwich du jour - 10/01/13 07:31 AM
Reporting back on my experiment with making homemade sourdough bread. I think it agrees with me after eating it for several days! Today, I had 1 slice open face toasted and buttered with a fried egg on top.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 10/01/13 10:33 PM
That sounds delicious!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 10/02/13 05:48 AM
I have an American cheese and pepperjack on oat bread today with mayo.
Posted By: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Re: Sandwich du jour - 10/02/13 07:53 AM
Last night I had my signature tomato sandwich. I am enjoying those farm fresh tomatoes before they are gone for the season, which will be very soon!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 10/02/13 11:11 PM
I had too few tomatoes this year. I am glad that you have been blessed with your tomato sandwiches.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 10/02/13 11:12 PM
Has anybody tried the Marie Callender breakfast sandwiches? I would like your thoughts.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 10/03/13 06:02 AM
Today's selection is Swiss Cheese on 10 Grain bread by Orowheat. Of course, with mayo!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 10/03/13 05:08 PM
On the way home, I had a small bacon cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato, pickle, onion, and mustard.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 10/03/13 11:53 PM
I bought a couple of packages of the Marie Callender breakfast sandwiches. I'll review them as soon as I can find time!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 10/04/13 05:56 AM
I am trying one of the Marie Callender croissant sandwiches for lunch today. We'll see how it does with the crummy microwave at work!
Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Re: Sandwich du jour - 10/04/13 06:47 AM
I just finished an open-face peanut butter and butter sandwich on my toasted homemade sourdough bread. It was delicious, especially on this rainy day ...
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 10/06/13 10:19 AM
Today I had a hot dog on a heel piece of 10 grain bread with yellow mustard, catsup, and Claussen pickle relish. Tasty stuff for breakfast with quinoa salad.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 10/06/13 10:20 AM
What sandwich are you having today?
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 10/06/13 09:14 PM
I also had a Marie Callender Biscuit, sausage, egg, and cheese.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 10/16/13 06:35 AM
I had my pbj on sprouted grain bread.

I also had a chicken patty with cheddar on a pita. That's a super little sandwich. I buy them in the frozen section of Costco. They are called Chicken Melts. Just microwave and snarf it down!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 10/22/13 10:59 AM
It's chili dog time! Put the doggie in the bun, cover with chili, then add sharp cheddar cheese. Yummy stuff!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 10/28/13 11:09 PM
This morning, I had a chicken patty on Oat-Nut Bread with mayo and mustard. To add zest, I slivered some red onions and thin-sliced a garlic dill pickle. It was a tasty sandwich--just what I wanted!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 10/29/13 07:14 AM
Chunky peanut butter with organic grape jelly on sprouted grain bread.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 10/30/13 07:46 AM
As usual, there's the pbj sandwich, but I have another one today, too.

Swiss cheese with a chicken patty on oat bread with mayo and Dijon mustard.

This could benefit from a slice of tomato and some greens. Unfortunately, we are out of both!
Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Re: Sandwich du jour - 10/30/13 08:13 AM
speaking of grape jelly - today I'm making a batch (16 oz.)of grape jam using red grapes from the trellis in our back garden.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 10/31/13 12:02 AM
I would love to be there or your jelly jam!

We had monsoon type rains in Kansas tonight. I was checking people out through the door at my job. Suddenly the rain started pelting down and the wind was blowing it sideways. It came through the door, across 20 feet of vestibule, and about 6 feet into the store. AMAZING! It was raining 2-3 inches per hour. This storm stretches from near the Texas/Mexico border to the Great Lakes.

Are you finished with your big storm?
Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Re: Sandwich du jour - 10/31/13 07:59 AM
Connie, yes, finally the wind has died down. We trimmed our big cedar tree in the back garden yesterday so it can't reach the neighbors' yard now. Surprisingly, as my DH climbed the ladder to within a few yards of the top a black bird started buzzing around his head. There were 2 nests about 4 yards from the top so DH just cut off to one yard about the nests. The other nest held a dove, which didn't bother to get up during the trimming - what trust.

Here is my grape jam recipe I wrote up today -

Grape Jam Recipe

Connie, take care ... Susan
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 10/31/13 06:25 PM
That recipe looks like I can actually do it! One of the few things that I have tried to make that did not do anything that I wanted it to do is grape jelly! I'll try this summer.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 10/31/13 11:28 PM
I had a cheeseburger on a bun with mayo, mustard, lettuce, tomato, and pickle.
Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Re: Sandwich du jour - 11/01/13 10:25 AM
Today a had chicken salad open-face sandwich made with left over chicken breast, chopped cucumber, and mayo on a slice of my homemade sourdough bread. Yum.

Connie, I made that grape jam a couple of times this Autumn - I think it will work for you - the secret is to use the candy thermometer until the correct temperature is reached.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 11/01/13 05:06 PM
Thanks for the tips Susan! Also, your sandwiches sound delightful.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 11/04/13 12:00 AM
My husband had simple bean tostados today. He slathered refried beans on a crispy tostado shell, sprinkled it with cheese and microwaved. Then, he coated the top with salsa. I would have added lettuce, but that's just me.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 11/05/13 08:09 AM
I'm having egg and cheese on an English muffin for breakfast. Then, I'll have a sausage biscuit for lunch.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 11/07/13 07:57 AM
Chicken patty with pepperjack cheese and creamy Dijon on nutty grain bread.
Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Re: Sandwich du jour - 11/07/13 10:19 AM
peanut butter and homemade grape jam on a slice of homemade sourdough bread ...
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 11/08/13 01:13 AM
Susan, we love our little pbj sandwiches, don't we?
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 11/10/13 11:04 AM
I had a ground chuck patty on sourdough bread with mustard, sliced tomatoes, and grilled onions.

It was yummy!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 11/11/13 08:02 AM
I love a good meatloaf sandwich! Today, I am having meatloaf with mayo on my lovely sourdough bread.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 11/19/13 08:38 AM
Today I am having a cheese sandwich. It has Swiss and pepperjack on nutty grain bread. One slice has mayo, and the other slice has spinach artichoke dip. I have some lettuce leaves to give it a fresh taste. I'm eating a Campari tomato and some tiny Claussen dills with it.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 11/25/13 07:37 AM
I bought a Kirkland Signature Ham for sandwiches. It is already spiral sliced and fully cooked.

Today, I am having ham on nutty grain bread with mayo and creamy Dijon mustard.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 11/26/13 08:08 AM
Here's my tasty breakfast burrito sandwich:

Egg, fried potato and onion, cheese, sausage, and salsa rolled into a warm flour tortilla. The salsa could have been spicier, plus I love lettuce on these. It was still good.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 12/04/13 08:19 AM
Thick sliced ham with mayo on nutty grain bread.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 12/05/13 08:08 AM
I'm having a pbj for breakfast. It's on sprouted grain bread and made with my beloved Chunky Jif and organic grape jelly.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 12/07/13 11:22 AM
Breakfast was a grilled ham and cheese. But what a ham and cheese! I used California sourdough, Kirkland Signature ham, American and pepperjack cheese, grilled with olive oil.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 12/09/13 08:41 AM
Breakfast is a grilled cheese on sourdough with pepperjack and Mexican cheeses.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 12/11/13 08:52 AM
Sourdough bread with Muenster and Chipotle Cheddar cheeses with mayo and muffeleta salad.
Posted By: Linda Sue Grimes Re: Sandwich du jour - 12/11/13 09:15 AM
My favorite breakfast is an avocado breakfast sandwich: 1/2 a Hass avocado on a sprouted grain English muffin, with nutritional yeast, sesame seeds, sea salt, & coarse ground black pepper. Sometimes I add a slice of tomato or some salsa. Yum!

Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 12/12/13 01:01 AM
That sounds delish! It also looks great, too. What brand are the sprouted grain English muffins?
Posted By: Linda Sue Grimes Re: Sandwich du jour - 12/12/13 06:56 AM
Thanks, Connie! The sprouted grain English muffins are Ezekiel brand.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 12/12/13 08:18 AM
Thanks. I use Ezekiel sesame bread.
It's great on PBJ.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 12/12/13 08:20 AM
Sourdough with mayo and Muenster is the sandwich of the day.
Posted By: Linda Sue Grimes Re: Sandwich du jour - 12/12/13 10:47 AM
I use the Ezekiel sesame too! Love the taste of toasted sesame.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 12/16/13 08:17 AM
Today I had a breakfast sandwich on nutty grain bread. It was American and pepperjack cheeses with mayo.
Posted By: Linda Sue Grimes Re: Sandwich du jour - 12/16/13 08:20 AM
Sounds good! And with my vegan cheese and mayo, I can indulge as well. However, I think I will have my avocado breakfast sandwich, since I had one yesterday and still have another Hass half in the fridge!

Have a great day!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 12/17/13 07:52 AM
Those avocados are too tasty to let them go to waste. Glad you are putting that green goodness to work for you.
Posted By: Linda Sue Grimes Re: Sandwich du jour - 12/17/13 08:33 AM
Yes, you're right, Connie! Avocados are so tasty and full of nutrition. Just love 'em!

Have a great day!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 12/18/13 08:53 AM
I'm having an Egg McMuffin for breakfast.
Posted By: Linda Sue Grimes Re: Sandwich du jour - 12/18/13 10:06 AM
A homemade or from Mickey D's?
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 12/18/13 03:33 PM
Homemade would have been better, but the Mickey D sandwich tasted great on my drive to work.
Posted By: Linda Sue Grimes Re: Sandwich du jour - 12/18/13 03:47 PM
Great that we have such options! Glad you enjoyed the sandwich.
Posted By: Ally-Home/Hols/USA Cook Re: Sandwich du jour - 12/18/13 11:45 PM
Connie!

I make those for my twins and hubby often...they just love them. I use the little rounds of Canadian bacon...but my crew calls they Mommy McMuffins! LOL
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 12/19/13 01:45 AM
Sounds super!
Posted By: Ally-Home/Hols/USA Cook Re: Sandwich du jour - 12/19/13 02:00 AM
Connie it was. It was my "starving and craving for something late after work one night." I pulled out the fry pan and found stuff in the fridge...it was REALLY REALLY satisfying..totally tasty. Knife and fork job!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 12/19/13 08:46 AM
Today for breakfast I have a warm roast beef and Swiss cheese on a crusty roll with spinach-artichoke dip.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 12/24/13 09:52 AM
Today, I need an elegant sandwich. This should fill the bill!

Turkey with Mango Mayo Croissant Recipe
Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Re: Sandwich du jour - 12/24/13 11:16 AM
For me, an open face peanut butter and homemade grape jam on a slice of toasted homemade sourdough bread! smile
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 12/25/13 12:10 AM
That does sound lovely! Merry Christmas, Susan!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 12/27/13 02:26 PM
Turkey liver can make a tasty filling for a small open-face sandwich. Gently cook the turkey liver over medium to low heat until it is cooked through. If you use lower heat, it won't taste bitter. Slice the liver and serve it on a fresh artisan bread with mayo.
Posted By: Linda Sue Grimes Re: Sandwich du jour - 12/27/13 04:03 PM
I had a toasted cream cheese sandwich for breakfast. For cream cheese, I use Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese, and I buttered the toast with Earth Balance vegan butter.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 12/27/13 06:17 PM
That sounds great! I love Tofutti Better Than Cream Cheese open-face on crackers with jalapeno jelly.
Posted By: Linda Sue Grimes Re: Sandwich du jour - 12/28/13 07:02 AM
I'll have to give that a try, Connie! Sounds yummy.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 12/30/13 03:54 PM
Grilled sourdough with mayo on one slice and spinach artichoke dip on the other. Layer on turkey, lettuce, and tomato.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 12/31/13 02:45 PM
Open face turkey on rosemary artisan bread with mayo.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 01/02/14 12:38 AM
Tiny sandwich bites of Beef Wellington were on the menu tonight. I got them frozen at Costco. The first ones that I made weren't good--too doughy. I raised the oven temp and cooked them longer. Ummmm!! We served them with horseradish sauce.
Posted By: Linda Sue Grimes Re: Sandwich du jour - 01/02/14 08:52 AM
Had my fave avocado breakfast sandwich this morning. I really need to start varying my breakfasts more, but I just love those avocados so much!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 01/02/14 12:21 PM
We have avocados from time to time, but they make me nervous. Why? Avocados are extremely poisonous to parrots. Our four little guys need a safe haven, and I always worry that we will drop a bit of the lovely green and they will find it.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 01/02/14 12:23 PM
We are going to the Jerusalem Cafe in Kansas City today. I am sure that I will have a great sandwich and lovely soup. Later...
Posted By: Linda Sue Grimes Re: Sandwich du jour - 01/02/14 12:35 PM
Wow, did not know that about avocados and parrots. What a bummer! I've also heard that chocolate is fatal to dogs. Makes me wonder if those substances might not be so good for humans as we think they are.

Well, bless your little parrots! Hope they stay safe in the new year.
Posted By: Linda Sue Grimes Re: Sandwich du jour - 01/02/14 12:37 PM
Sounds like a lovely outing. Let us know what you had!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 01/03/14 01:36 AM
Thanks for the parrot wishes. We are pretty careful with the little Biter Brigade.

I had falafel with grilled veggies, lettuce, tomato, onion, and tahini in a pita wrap. It was tasty.
Posted By: Linda Sue Grimes Re: Sandwich du jour - 01/03/14 07:45 AM
Wow, that sounds really yummy, Connie! I'll have to try to make something like that for lunch.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 01/03/14 10:21 AM
Gyro sandwich with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and cucumber sauce in a pita.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 01/06/14 12:15 PM
Grilled cheese with American and Swiss cheeses on San Francisco Sourdough.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 01/08/14 01:02 AM
Chopped turkey with mayo, salt, and pepper on toasted sourdough bread.
Posted By: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Re: Sandwich du jour - 01/10/14 07:57 PM
The last few sandwiches I have had were a low salt ham with swiss on an asiago cheese bagel, and a tuna sandwich with mayo and relish on 12 grain bread.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 01/11/14 09:49 AM
You always have such tasty sandwiches!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 01/12/14 10:56 AM
Burger pattie on grilled sourdough bread with mustard, tomato, and lettuce.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 01/14/14 06:33 AM
Swiss and chipotle cheddar cheeses with mayo and lettuce on nutty grain bread.
Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Re: Sandwich du jour - 01/14/14 11:11 AM
I was out shopping in a city north of us, Alkmaar, and stopped at a department store - they serve a lunch time buffet. I had tuna salad on a hard roll - which I cut up in pieces to be able to more easily bite into it. But, it was tasty. They serve free water so I had that a long with it. Here you usually have to pay for water on the side, and it is some bottled variety.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 01/15/14 01:22 AM
That sounds tasty and peaceful.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 01/17/14 12:09 AM
I ate the school lunch today. They had spicy chicken sandwiches or hot dogs. The kids love the spicy chicken, so I chose the hot dog. It came with little packets of mustard, catsup, and what I thought was pickle relish. It was mayo! I had opened the packet, so I went ahead and put it on. Not too bad...but not as good as the relish would have been!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 01/21/14 07:54 AM
Fresh flour tortilla with melted cheese, salsa, jalapenos, and shredded lettuce.

Tortilla Land makes fresh flour tortillas that you can fry up to serve fresh and warm.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 01/23/14 07:34 PM
Hot dog on sourdough bread with mustard and catsup.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 01/26/14 10:59 AM
Spinach and provolone spread with thin sliced zucchini and salami, grilled in a flour tortilla.
Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Re: Sandwich du jour - 01/26/14 11:08 AM
Connie, it is hard to beat your choice - I had peanut butter and butter on one slice of toasted raisin nut bread. Satisfying for a stormy day.

Susan smile
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 01/27/14 08:02 AM
Susan, we love our peanut butter!

Today I am having salami with mayo and yellow mustard on sourdough.
Posted By: Lestie4containergardens Re: Sandwich du jour - 01/27/14 09:28 AM
Hello Connie,

Here's to your site - it drives me crazy with all I want to try! Thank you for all.

Scrumptious thinking!

Well we don't really know now do we
If the key to Connie's heart's in a recipe
For it's you, I implore, what we do know for sure
Her ideas always make us want more!

Cheers now,
Posted By: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Re: Sandwich du jour - 01/27/14 07:11 PM
I recently had a breaded flounder fillet with a slice of cheese on top and homemade tarter sauce on the bottom in a buttered and grilled onion roll. It was great!

I know.....some don't like cheese and fish together, but I do.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 01/27/14 07:37 PM
Lestie and Debbie, you both inspire me! Thanks for all of the posts and creativity.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 01/31/14 08:46 AM
Sliced chicken breast with mayo on nutty grain bread! That's both breakfast and lunch today.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 02/03/14 09:09 AM
We had some shrimp for my birthday and there were leftover boiled potatoes. So, I chopped them up and sauteed them with zucchini and onion. I added a scrambled egg with salsa and piled it onto a fresh flour tortilla. Breakfast burrito in 10 minutes! I usually add cheese, too.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 02/05/14 01:33 PM
Flour tortilla grilled with cheese, onion, lettuce, tomatoes, and jalapenos.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 02/13/14 08:40 AM
Crispy chicken patty, lettuce, tomato, pickle, and mayo on a sesame seed bun.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 02/17/14 10:45 PM
I grilled a piece of sourdough bread using non-stick cooking spray. Olive oil works well, too. Then, I mixed creamy Dijon with spicy horseradish and used it to moisten the bread. Finally, I piled on some DiLusso rare roast beef. It was a yummy open-face sandwich.
Posted By: Ally-Home/Hols/USA Cook Re: Sandwich du jour - 02/17/14 11:29 PM
Simply satisfying Connie!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 02/18/14 07:51 AM
Thanks Allyson! That DiLusso roast beef is tasty, indeed!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 03/13/14 07:08 AM
Hamburger and soy patty on a bun with mustard.
Posted By: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Re: Sandwich du jour - 03/15/14 04:54 PM
I've been using rye crackers as my bread lately and topping them with tuna salad. I usually have some fruit as an accompaniment, such as a clementine, an apple, or some grapes. Delish!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 03/15/14 10:52 PM
Sounds very tasty.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 03/20/14 04:47 PM
I had lunch at Adrian's Cafe today in Overland Park, Kansas. They make their own bread each day. Wow! I had a corned beef sandwich. It was dressed with mayo, pickle, lettuce and tomato on a yummy pumpernickel bread. Fantastic!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 03/29/14 11:32 PM
Angus burger on sourdough bread with spring greens, steamed red onion, dill pickle, mayo and mustard. I ate some Campari tomatoes with the sandwich.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 03/30/14 11:16 AM
Breakfast burrito with potatoes, eggs, cheese, garbanzo beans, salsa, and spring greens on a fresh flour tortilla.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 03/31/14 09:11 PM
Fried corn tortilla with mixed cheese, slivered onion, and jalapeno peppers microwaved until the cheese is melted.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 04/02/14 07:18 AM
Spicy vegetarian Chik'n patty on a bun with lettuce, tomato, and mayo.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 04/03/14 08:57 AM
Swiss cheese on nutty bread with mango mayo.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 04/06/14 11:27 AM
Oscar Mayer liver cheese, open face with mayo on soft white bread.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 04/07/14 06:01 AM
Cod on Farmhouse Sourdough with tartar sauce.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 04/09/14 12:11 AM
I bought some beer battered cod at Costco. I put it in the microwave for 2 minutes, then stick it on some bread with tartar sauce. Quickly made and ever so tasty!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 04/13/14 10:15 AM
Grilled cheese with American, Swiss, and pepperjack with a sprinkle of onion powder on farmhouse sourdough.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 04/14/14 07:03 AM
A simple roast chicken sandwich with mayo on nutty grain bread. Sometimes, I use Wholly Guacamole for the mayo.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 04/17/14 12:57 AM
Turkey hot dog with melted cheese, mustard, catsup, and relish on a piece of nutty grain bread.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 04/20/14 09:09 AM
Easter Egg Salad on your favorite grilled bread. This is a good way to use up those colored eggs. Try them in this recipe:

Classic Egg Salad Recipe
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 04/20/14 09:23 AM
Hot Easter Egg Sandwich is made by dicing Easter eggs and folding them into a white sauce. It's served open face over toast.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 04/25/14 06:50 AM
Ham with mayo on a rye roll.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 04/26/14 09:31 AM
You know that I love the grilled sandwiches on sourdough! Breakfast was a grilled cheese with Swiss, pepperjack, shredded Italian cheeses, and an American slice. I got wild and buttered that bread!

I ate my lovely sandwich with two little Campari tomatoes. They made a nice contrast to the creaminess of the sandwich.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 05/07/14 12:22 AM
Sausage patty on a pumpernickel bun with mayo.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 05/07/14 07:49 AM
Sausage on a biscuit.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 05/17/14 11:47 AM
Bologna on sourdough bread with mayo and mustard on one slice and spinach artichoke dip on the other slice. Soooo good!
Posted By: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Re: Sandwich du jour - 05/17/14 11:51 AM
I won't be having a sandwich today, but yesterday I had peanut butter on 12 grain bread.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 05/17/14 11:57 AM
Later today I'll have a peanut butter on Ezekiel sprouted grain bread. Those pbj sandwiches really can carry you through a day.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 05/24/14 12:10 AM
Brisket on nutty grain bread with mayo, mustard, lettuce and tomato.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 05/26/14 02:32 PM
Grilled, marinated chicken breast on a roll with ranch, tomato and lettuce.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 05/27/14 06:20 AM
Grilled, marinated in Daddy Hinkle, chicken breast on nutty grain bread with mayo and served with smokey baked beans.
Posted By: Ally-Home/Hols/USA Cook Re: Sandwich du jour - 05/27/14 11:07 PM
Pray tell Connie!

What is Daddy Hinkle? I've never heard of that? Sounds yum whatever it is!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 05/28/14 08:38 AM
It is a marinade. The Hotter Than $700 marinade and dry rub is delicious on chicken, pork, or beef. The longer it marinates, the hotter it is.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 06/13/14 09:46 AM
Honey smoked turkey on sourdough bread with mayo. That's breakfast!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 06/19/14 07:32 AM
Peppered honey smoked turkey with maple balsamic mayo on grilled sourdough bread.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 06/23/14 07:51 AM
Sliced chicken breast with mayo on a hard roll.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 07/15/14 01:46 PM
American cheese on sprouted grain sesame bread with ranch, baby red leaf lettuce, sliced tomato, and muffaletta olive salad. Wrap it in foil and let it marinate for a couple of hours. Mmmm!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 07/17/14 03:10 PM
Fried egg and sausage with cheese and mayo with sliced tomato and lettuce on an angel biscuit.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 07/17/14 03:11 PM
Originally Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
American cheese on sprouted grain sesame bread with ranch, baby red leaf lettuce, sliced tomato, and muffaletta olive salad. Wrap it in foil and let it marinate for a couple of hours. Mmmm!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 07/22/14 10:39 AM
Club roll (this is the last of the club rolls for awhile) with mayo, cheese, lettuce, and tomato. This was my grab-and-go lunch yesterday.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 07/23/14 05:56 PM
Pepperjack , grated Parmesan, American cheese grilled in olive oil on sprouted grain sesame bread.
Posted By: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Re: Sandwich du jour - 07/23/14 07:55 PM
Today I had broccoli rabe with crushed garlic and olive oil, with italian sausage and cheese, all nice and hot in a crusty toasted portuguese roll. I was in heaven!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 07/23/14 10:41 PM
That just sounds lovely! You are so creative!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 07/24/14 09:19 AM
Tofu, marinated in fajita sauce and baked, then cooked with peppers and onions and wrapped into a tortilla with cheese and Pico de Gallo.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 07/26/14 12:58 AM
Tika chicken, lentils, Jack's salsa, and potatoes wrapped in a warm flour tortilla. Soooo good!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 08/01/14 08:47 AM
Chicken tamale with green sauce.
Posted By: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Re: Sandwich du jour - 08/01/14 04:55 PM
Today I had sliced rotisserie chicken on 12 grain bread with mayo and lots of black pepper.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 08/05/14 01:01 AM
I had a BLT with mayo, leaf lettuce, garden fresh tomatoes, and lots of crispy bacon on nutty grain bread.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 08/05/14 12:13 PM
A cod cake on a bun with tartar sauce was my tasty treat today.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 08/08/14 09:07 AM
Brisket on a sesame bun with sweet and hot sauce.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 08/10/14 12:50 AM
Here's a knife and fork sandwich. Use a large flour tortilla, spread it with refried beans, hummus, shredded cheese, and some smoked beef. Then, roll it up, burrito-style and cover it with salsa and cheese. Microwave until it is soft and luscious!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 08/13/14 10:01 AM
I just went to the Farmers' Market and bought the ingredients for a tasty breakfast sandwich.

Fried potatoes, scrambled egg, sauteed okra slices, and Pico de Gallo rolled into a fresh warm tortilla. Mmmmm.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/14/14 01:37 PM
I'm having a sausage patty on nutty grain bread. Just in case that doesn't have enough fat, I'll have mayo on it!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/16/14 08:39 AM
Beef Corn Dog
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/20/14 10:22 AM
American cheese on sourdough with muffaletta and ranch dressing.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/27/14 08:12 AM
The barbecue beef (from our salvaged roast) was outstanding on cocktail buns. Those little barbecue sliders were absolutely delicious.

Take a dry piece of cooked meat and add moisture. I used Joe's Kansas City Barbecue Sauce and Rothschild Habanero Pineapple Sauce to make my spicy, saucy meat.
Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/29/14 04:18 AM
Egg salad sandwiches for me and DH. To make 2 sandwiches I chopped 3 hard boiled eggs and added 2 long slices chopped sweet-sour pickles, a tsp. yellow mustard and a large tablespoon mayonnaise. It was good!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/29/14 07:46 AM
I love egg salad!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 10/02/14 08:50 AM
Grilled brie on sourdough with pineapple habanero sauce.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 10/11/14 09:39 AM
Chicken Italian sausage grilled with sliced peppers and mushrooms, then piled on a crusty bun with mayo.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 10/29/14 03:56 PM
My stove was out of commission for a couple of days. I needed egg for salmon salad, but I couldn't boil the eggs. So, I whipped the shelled whole eggs up and microwaved them in a covered bowl. After they cooled, I grated the eggs into the salmon salad. It worked well!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 11/12/14 02:53 PM
Flatbread with egg, cheese, and sausage.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 11/13/14 11:27 PM
Pastrami on thick, fresh rye bread with mayo, lettuce, and tomato! From Adrian's Cafe in Overland Park, KS. Heavenly!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 11/20/14 12:49 AM
Meatloaf sandwich with mayo on semolina bread.
Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Re: Sandwich du jour - 01/09/15 09:05 AM
Today I had egg salad on a light rye - delish!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 01/15/15 12:02 PM
Grilled sirloin with horseradish mayo on a crusty, grilled Italian roll.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 01/18/15 11:07 AM
Sliced rotisserie chicken breast on whole grain bread, with mayo and muffalata olive salad.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 02/03/15 09:53 PM
Sweet potato fries, pulled pork, and shredded lettuce with ranch dressing stuffed in a toasted pita.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 02/04/15 09:13 AM
Turkey and Swiss cheese with mayo on nutty grain bread.
Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Re: Sandwich du jour - 02/04/15 09:25 AM
grilled cheese on sourdough - my comfort food ...
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 02/04/15 11:08 PM
Dark meat turkey with muffaletta olive salad and mayo on grilled sourdough.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 02/12/15 10:27 PM
Double beef patties on a soft bun with mustard, lettuce, tomato, onion, and pickle.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 02/13/15 10:36 AM
Chicken cutlet on a bun with pineapple habanero mayo, lettuce, and tomato.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 04/14/15 12:09 AM
Deli ham and chicken wrap made with a flour tortilla, shredded cheese, lettuce, muffaletta olive salad, bacon bits, and ranch dressing.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 04/14/15 12:10 AM
Guacamole would have been nice, but there was none to be found in the fridge.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 04/14/15 03:43 PM
Honey ham with mayo and mustard on whole grain Wonder bread.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 04/20/15 09:42 AM
Bread grilled on both sides, slathered with horseradish mayo, and filled with DiLusso deli roast beef.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 04/24/15 05:05 PM
Flatbread breakfast sandwich with egg, cheese, and sausage.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 04/29/15 08:03 AM
Hard salami, spinach with artichoke dip, yellow mustard on sourdough bread grilled in olive oil.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 05/01/15 11:14 AM
Salami and mayo on pumpernickel bread.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 05/02/15 01:42 AM
Sourdough toast with spinach artichoke dip.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 05/06/15 01:18 AM
Organic hamburger pattie with American cheese and thinly sliced tomato on sourdough bread with yellow mustard.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 05/09/15 12:56 AM
Hard roll with spinach artichoke dip and hard salame.
Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Re: Sandwich du jour - 05/09/15 03:02 AM
Buttered toasted sourdough bread with sliced leftover chicken and sweet pickles.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 05/09/15 09:51 AM
Sounds like a great sandwich to me! Do you make your own pickles?
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 05/09/15 01:58 PM
Breakfast burrito with cheese, eggs, sausage, potatoes, and salsa wrapped in a flour tortilla.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 05/10/15 09:01 PM
Sausage and egg on a biscuit.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 05/13/15 12:23 AM
Tiny open faced grilled cheese.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 06/16/15 05:10 PM
Pepperjack and Colbyjack cheeses grilled on a buttered, inside-out hot dog bun.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 06/23/15 06:18 PM
Open-face meatloaf sandwich on a French roll with mayo.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 06/24/15 09:01 AM
Organic beef hamburger on a bakery bun with Vidalia onion, lettuce, home grown tomato, mayo, and mustard.
Posted By: Sheryl T Re: Sandwich du jour - 06/24/15 10:07 AM
Burger sounds delicious! Maybe for lunch.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 06/25/15 09:08 AM
It was delicious! That fresh tomato and Vidalia onion really make a difference. Really, using top quality ingredients is worth it for the bursts of flavor that you get.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 07/05/15 01:24 AM
Cheese quesadilla made with a grilled flour tortilla, cheese, sliced avocado, and roasted veggies. I used squash, peppers, and onion to oven roast in olive oil.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 07/05/15 08:39 PM
Grilled chicken sausage with apple and gouda on a hot dog bun with Dijon mustard.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 07/07/15 01:15 AM
Burrito made with black beans, rice, organic ground beef, Jack's Special Salsa, onions, green chilles, and shredded cheese, then smothered in enchilada sauce and cheese, then microwaved.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 07/08/15 10:36 AM
Grilled cheese with Swiss, American, and pepperjack cheese on pumpernickel bread.

Next: G or D
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 07/09/15 09:35 PM
Pita, gyro meat, lettuce, tomatoes, onion, and cucumber sauce.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 07/11/15 01:01 AM
Sliced chicken breast on multi-grain bread with mayo and tomato slices.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 07/11/15 10:11 AM
Grilled tortilla with cheese, thinly sliced onion, lettuce, and muffaletta.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 07/13/15 10:42 AM
Open face crunchy peanut butter on toast.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 07/24/15 02:05 AM
Bacon and grilled chicken on multigrain bread with lettuce and mayo.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 08/05/15 11:38 AM
Hard salami on sourdough bread with mayo and mustard.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 08/05/15 11:39 AM
Hummus rolled into a flour tortilla with spring greens and thinly sliced cucumber.
Posted By: Ally-Home/Hols/USA Cook Re: Sandwich du jour - 08/05/15 12:04 PM
Hey Connie! I'm back in Cali now - missed it!

Loving the Hummus - sounds fresh and healthy. Just got my husband to eat hummus (he doesn't like chickpeas,) and loves it. Thinking of messing around with the blender and making my own.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 08/06/15 12:42 AM
Ally, I am so happy to see you. Hummus is much better as home made.

Try this recipe. It's easy!

Hummus Recipe
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 08/11/15 01:27 AM
Open face provolone with mayo on pumpernickel.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 08/26/15 11:49 PM
Peppered turkey and provolone on pumpernickel with mayo.
Posted By: Ally-Home/Hols/USA Cook Re: Sandwich du jour - 08/27/15 12:52 AM
I love anything pumpernickel...esp. toasted. Yum!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 08/27/15 08:22 AM
Pumpernickel or rye toast with butter and blackberry jelly is so delicious!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 08/27/15 08:26 AM
Cheese and muffaletta olive salad quesadilla with a fresh flour tortilla.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 08/28/15 09:32 AM
Shrimp salad with fresh lettuce on a croissant.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/11/15 12:47 AM
Toasted sourdough bread with Mexican cheeses melted and broiled until golden brown.
Posted By: Ally-Home/Hols/USA Cook Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/11/15 12:24 PM
Ok Connie I just need sourdough. We have Cotija and Queso Fresca in the fridge from tacos the other night. I know the QF is melty as it's softer in texture than the other. Both are tangy and delish though.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/12/15 12:04 AM
Sounds wonderful. Use whatever quality bread that you have around the house. Rye or pumpernickel sound good!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 10/31/15 09:53 AM
Nutty grain bun, guacamole, deli turkey, and provolone.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 11/11/15 01:30 PM
Open face ham salad on pretzel crisps.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 11/12/15 01:13 AM
Today for my grab-and-go sandwich, I heated a fresh flour tortilla, and put some ham salad down the middle. Then, I got a fat bunch of parsley from my garden, since I didn't have any tasty greens in the fridge. I washed and dried the parsley, then laid it onto the ham salad. Finally, I rolled it all up and chomped it down on the way to work. Delicious!
Posted By: Ally-Home/Hols/USA Cook Re: Sandwich du jour - 11/12/15 03:20 AM
Ok, stop that chomping please! lol That sounds delish Connie. I hope you are doing ok. Are you back at home now, or still care taking? X
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 11/13/15 01:10 AM
Still care taking and I so appreciate your asking. I am home part of the time. I am so blessed, since folks are still visiting my sites and the forums. I hope to be back after the first of the year.

Yesterday I bought a loaf of Vienna bread. It's a white bread, and sometimes I just feel like sandwiches on white bread, even if it isn't a good for me as whole grain. I made a breakfast sandwich from smoked turkey with mayo and some mustard greens. Then, for lunch I had a liver cheese with mayo and a big salad. So good!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 11/28/15 01:04 AM
Grilled turkey and Muenster with honey mustard on sourdough bread.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 11/29/15 07:08 PM
Turkey salad on crackers.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 12/08/15 06:06 PM
Grilled cheese with pepperjack, colby, sharp cheddar, and provolone on French bread. Spread it with muffaletta olive salad for a taste treat.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 12/09/15 03:11 PM
Fried chicken thigh on a roll with mayo and lettuce.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 01/05/16 10:01 PM
Pastrami with mustard and mayo on rye bread.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 01/08/16 12:05 PM
Apple-gouda chicken sausage on a bun with mayo.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 01/17/16 01:07 AM
Multi-grain bread, mayo, provolone and Colby jack cheeses, with a healthy dollop of muffaletta olive salad. This was my go-to-work sandwich today.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 01/25/16 08:35 PM
Multi-grain bread, mayo, giardiniera, and sliced chicken breast.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 01/27/16 05:22 PM
Quesadilla with spring mix, zucchini, onions, orange peppers, Mexican cheese, and Jack's Special Salsa on a grilled flour tortilla.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 02/19/16 07:09 AM
Cheese and steak quesadilla with salsa and mixed spring greens.

Next: C or S
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 05/04/16 02:55 PM
Burrito stuffed with hamburger, potatoes, peppers, and onions, all cooked together until soft. This is only good on a FRESH flour tortilla. Don't just put it on a pre-made flour tortilla. It's yucky that way.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 05/05/16 03:06 PM
My sweetie is having his meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and corn tonight. Yes, I know that is a lot of carb, but it is his special meal. Tomorrow, I am having meatloaf sandwich on freshly baked artisan bread. It is made in our own kitchen.

The Sandwich du jour for tomorrow is meatloaf. Here is a recipe.

Meatloaf Sandwich Recipe
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 05/06/16 06:39 PM
As promised, meatloaf on brotchen with mayo.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 05/14/16 11:52 PM
Pita stuffed with breaded and fried eggplant with tzatziki sauce.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 05/16/16 12:55 AM
Tuna salad in a crispy taco shell with alfalfa sprouts.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 05/20/16 10:54 AM
Braunschweiger with mayo open-face on rosemary bread toast.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 05/22/16 10:26 AM
Provolone and Swiss on a crispy light roll with mayo and whole grain mustard.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 06/24/16 11:57 PM
Warm pocket pita stuffed with Three Sisters Corn Bean Salad, shredded lettuce, and sausage crumbles.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 06/27/16 02:00 PM
Herb artisan bread with mayo, gouda, and pepperjack cheese.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 06/30/16 01:22 AM
Hamburger on a bun with mustard, sliced red onion and sliced tomatoes.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 06/30/16 03:49 PM
Use 2 corn tortillas. Put some good oil in an iron skillet. Place one tortilla in and oil a side. Remove it and place ungreased side down. Then, add the second tortilla and scoot it around the pan until one side is greased. Add your favorite cheeses. Cover with the ungreased side of the other tortilla. Grill on medium until the first side is golden, then flip. It's done when both sides are golden and the cheese has melted.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 07/04/16 08:14 PM
Brazilian roast chicken thighs with fresh red onion, spring greens, and mayo on a hoagie bun.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 07/08/16 12:54 PM
Grated zucchini, celery, and onion with chopped chicken tenders, bound together with ranch dressing and wrapped in a flour tortilla.

Be sure to squeeze the liquid out of the grated veggies!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 07/16/16 01:46 AM
Green egg salad on grilled rye bread.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 07/17/16 10:04 PM
Sesame bread with melted cheese and a pollock burger served open face.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 07/26/16 02:00 AM
Falafel pattie sandwich on a grilled bun with tomato and guacamole.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 07/27/16 02:03 AM
Tostado with vegetarian refried beans, cheese, guac, lettuce, and corn-bean salad.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/05/16 12:20 AM
French bread grilled in olive oil with sliced roast beef, mayo, and mustard.
Posted By: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/05/16 10:51 AM
My sandwich over the last few days has been very simple but tasty. I put low-salt black forest ham between two slices of sharp cheddar cheese, then put that between slices of spelt bread. I took that sandwich and toasted it in a pan with a little butter like a would a grilled cheese. Everything inside was warm and the cheese was nice and gooey. Yummy!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/09/16 12:37 AM
Grilled cheddar on French bread with pickles, lettuce, slivered onions, and mayo.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/09/16 01:38 PM
Homemade roll, split and grilled, then slathered with mayo and covered with a boneless piece of fried chicken.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/15/16 12:06 AM
Yesterday I had a Reubenesque sandwich. What's that? It is a Reuben on grilled sourdough instead of rye. I didn't have rye, but I had some sourdough that grilled up to a crunchy yumminess. The sandwich held real German sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, Manny's Corned Beef, and homemade Thousand Island. It was delish!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/17/16 12:32 AM
Bacon hot dog on a bun with mustard and sauerkraut.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/19/16 09:26 PM
Paneer cubes sauteed with poblano peppers and Vidalia onions, then stuffed into a pita with raita (yogurt-cucumber-tomato-mint salad.)
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/22/16 11:14 PM
Chopped chicken, muffaletta, pineapple habanero sauce, and mayo stirred together and served on a crispy corn tostado shell.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 09/29/16 10:11 PM
Brazilian chicken thighs on sourdough with mayo.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 12/22/16 11:33 AM
It's been a while since I posted here, but this sandwich is sooo tasty that I had to share it.

Take two crispy fish fillets and cook them. I put mine on a plate in the microwave and cover them with a bowl. I cook mine about 3 minutes. They won't be crispy! I take a small flour tortilla and cover half of it with pepperjack cheese. After the fish fillets have cooked and rested for a minute, I put the tortilla on top of the fillets and cover the whole thing with a bowl. I leave it there until the cheese melts, 2-3 minutes. Then, I slap those fish fillets on top of the cheese and fold the tortilla over the fish. Yum, yum!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 12/28/16 02:09 AM
Hot dog on a bun topped with falafel chili, slivered onions, and grated cheese.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 01/12/17 07:25 PM
I had half of a large carton of Fage yogurt that needed to be used ASAP, and I mean like yesterday! I hate throwing food away, so I whisked 6 eggs, some cheese, herbs, and spices into that ancient yogurt. I sprayed an iron skillet with non-stick spray, then I poured it into the pan. I baked it for an hour at 350 degrees F. It is really tasty. When we are tired of the quiche-like stuff, we can pile it into a tortilla with veggies!

Of course, you need to be careful using older food. Sometimes the magic works, and sometimes it doesn't--which is bad, really bad!

Take food safety seriously. I am not making recommendations about using older yogurt, just telling what I did. For what it is worth...
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 01/19/17 02:13 AM
Small flour tortilla (15 grams carb) with melted cheese, giardiniera, and sliced tomatoes wrapped around a falafel pattie.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 02/07/17 11:51 AM
For breakfast, I had a small flour tortilla with mixed cheese and pepperjack, all sprinkled with berbere seasoning and melted in the microwave. I rolled it up and had breakfast to go!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 03/01/17 08:53 PM
Grilled turkey and cheese sandwich on sourdough bread.

My husband had roast turkey with Swiss.

I hand smoked turkey with pepperjack.

This is an easy way to differentiate meals for individual tastes without going to a lot of trouble.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 03/03/17 11:40 PM
Tostada with beans, cheese, mango salsa, guacamole, and mixed greens (spinach, chard, and kale).
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 03/07/17 05:01 PM
Grilled rye bread with vegan tofu salad. Vegan tofu salad tastes a lot like egg salad. I love it!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 04/04/17 08:29 PM
Hamburger patty with spicy horseradish mayo on a bun.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 04/05/17 10:12 AM
Cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, mustard, and tartar sauce.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 04/09/17 11:37 PM
Amylu chicken sausage in a bun with Madras Lentils, onions, and cheese.
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 04/23/17 11:32 PM
Here's a giggle for you sandwich lovers!
Tater Tot Cheesy Sandwich

It is cheesy in all kinds of ways. Enjoy!
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 04/23/17 11:33 PM
Turkey breakfast sausage on sourdough toast with mayo.
Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Re: Sandwich du jour - 04/24/17 04:17 AM
Ripe avocado, jack cheese, tomato, sweet-sour pickle slices and lettuce on one slice of lightly buttered sourdough bread. The lettuce replaces my top slice of bread. smile
Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches/Reading Re: Sandwich du jour - 04/25/17 06:36 PM
Oh, Susan, that sounds so good! What a wonderful way to cut carbs! Look for my article on Romaine lettuce wraps. It is in the works.
© BellaOnline Forums