BellaOnline
Posted By: Lori-Dreams Fork and Knife sandwiches - 06/29/13 07:38 PM
What is your favorite fork and knife sandwich?

I can't decide. Here are three of my favs:

1. Hot turkey sandwich on white bread with gravy and mashed potatoes on the side.
2. Hot meatloaf sandwich on any bread with gravy and mashed potatoes on the side.
3. Sliced mushrooms sauteed in garlic butter. Served on toast.

What are your favs?
Hot turkey and stuffing sandwich with mashed potatoes and gravy on white bread with a side of cranberry jell.
My favorite fork and knife sandwich is roasted turkey right off the bird onto lightly toasted bread, then stuffing, veggies (any kind.....kernel corn, cut green beans, peas and carrots, etc.), topped with turkey gravy and served with cranberry sauce (whole berry or jellied) on the side

Mmmmmm........
That sounds wonderful.
Posted By: Lori-Dreams Re: Fork and Knife sandwiches - 07/01/13 04:09 PM
Oh yes, I forgot the stuffing! I adore stuffing with a hot turkey sandwich! And cranberry sauce on the side.
Sliced chicken on white bread with mashed potatoes, mixed veggies and gravy.
Chicken right off the bird makes a delightful sandwich!
Posted By: Lori-Dreams Re: Fork and Knife sandwiches - 07/02/13 03:06 PM
I'm noticing that gravy seems to be the feature that turns a handheld sandwich into a fork-and-knife sandwich. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Ooo, an open-faced pot roast sandwich with gravy is a delicious fork-and-knife sandwich!
Some of my favorite fork and knife sandwiches are enchiladas and burritos.
Tamales are also great knife and fork sandwiches.
Posted By: Lori-Dreams Re: Fork and Knife sandwiches - 07/09/13 01:25 PM
Open-faced sandwich with grilled steak and sauteed onions and mushrooms. On a thick slice of hearty grain bread!
Open face fried egg sandwich with melted cheese on sourdough toast with mayo, mustard, lettuce, and tomato.
Posted By: Lori-Dreams Re: Fork and Knife sandwiches - 07/10/13 10:40 AM
Ooo, I love fried eggs on toast!

What about a chili-size? Is there bread in that?
Hey Lori, what is a chili-size?
Posted By: Lori-Dreams Re: Fork and Knife sandwiches - 07/10/13 03:09 PM
A chili-size is an open-faced burger covered in chili, cheese and onions. It is a fork-and-knife food for sure.
That sounds like a fall festival of fun for me!
A blue cheese burger with caramelized onions and sauteed mushrooms with wine sauce on a thick slab of sourdough bread.
Mixed seafood with a creamy wine and mushroom sauce on a croissant.
Meatloaf on Italian bread and mashed potatoes with brown gravy over all.
Chicken tenderloin breaded and fried and served on a roll with mashed potatoes and cream gravy.
Baked egg and cheese sandwiches topped with crumbled sausage and Pico de Gallo.
Baked Stuffed French Toast sandwiches with warm maple syrup and toasted pecans.
Sliced chicken on a soft roll that has been opened up, then covered with mushrooms in wine sauce.
Sliced beef on a soft roll that has been opened up, then covered with fresh sauteed spinach and drizzled with LaTerra Fina's heated Spinach Artichoke Dip.
Open face Italian steak with provolone, smothered in spaghetti sauce, and garnished in slivered Vidalia onion, lettuce, and thinly sliced dill pickles.
© BellaOnline Forums