BellaOnline
Posted By: Robin Sandwich Editor Quick Sliders for Appetizers - 04/10/11 01:57 AM
Everyone loves sliders, they are quick to make and easy to eat.

If you do not happen to have mini-buns, try making sliders with Pillsbury biscuits.

Whatever you can put in a sandwich, you should be able to put into a slider.

ps...If you want a meatball slider, it is best to cut the meatball in two and place the flat ends against the bread.
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: Quick Sliders for Appetizers - 04/10/11 06:20 PM
LOL Robin, what are "sliders"...

And yes, I am NEW to all this smile

LOVE your site...

Thanks!

Originally Posted By: Robin Sandwich Editor
Everyone loves sliders, they are quick to make and easy to eat.

If you do not happen to have mini-buns, try making sliders with Pillsbury biscuits.

Whatever you can put in a sandwich, you should be able to put into a slider.

ps...If you want a meatball slider, it is best to cut the meatball in two and place the flat ends against the bread.
Sliders are "mini-burgers" or mini-sandwiches. They are meant to be eaten in about 2 - 3 bites.

AKA - kinda like White Castle burgers.
There are some vegetarian sausage substitutes that make perfect sliders.
Posted By: Dianne W - Editor Re: Quick Sliders for Appetizers - 05/15/11 10:36 AM
I've always wanted to try making sliders at home. Do they actualy make buns that size? The biscuits sound like a good idea...
I'll bet you could get a local bakery to make some mini buns. Sometimes I see them at the store. It's usually around holiday time when people make the cocktail sandwiches.
Dianne, if you need a quick and easy recipe for slider buns, I could give you one. Oh, my! Sounds like an article.
Posted By: Dianne W - Editor Re: Quick Sliders for Appetizers - 05/16/11 04:44 PM
Would love it!!! Thanks!!!
I put slider buns on my to-do list. Thanks for the input!
I checked at my local grocery store. They have a bakery that is willing to make slider buns with two days notice.

You might check your local bakeries. I am still working on developing a recipe.
I was at my local bar-b-q restaurant tonight and heard them talking about slider buns. They are about $2.50 (US) for 12 slider buns. That sounds reasonable!

I'm still working on the recipe.
Dianne, today at our cookout, I didn't want to eat the giant bun with 42 grams of carb. So, I cut my hamburger in half, AND I cut a hot dog bun (23 grams of carb) in half. It made 2 impromptu slider buns! Try it! I loved my little sliders.
© BellaOnline Forums