BellaOnline
Posted By: Kevin - Hockey Candlepin Bowling - 01/12/09 01:58 PM
Does/has anyone here played candlepin bowling? Where I am it is, by far, the dominant form of the game. There are a couple alleys that have some 10 pin lanes, more for novelty, and I believe there is a five pin lane, but more for the troops stationed here from other parts of the country.

Candlepin is difficult, but, in my opinion, the most interesting. It allows dead pins into play, etc. I was once the best in the province in my age group (as a teen), but since I have played little since then, I'm nowhere near as good. It's amazing and frustrating how quickly your skills deteriorate without practice. It's still fun though.
Posted By: Choc Re: Candlepin Bowling - 01/25/09 05:16 PM
Hi Kevin: Thanks for the posting. I waited for a while to see if anyone would join in. Anyway, I do remember bowling Candle Pins and also, Duck Pins.

In 1966, the year I won the Hawaii Junior Bowling Championship, the tournament was held in Washington, D.C. Among the "whirlwind" tours that we were given, one night we went to see a Candle Pin bowling center and then a combination Ten Pin/Duck Pin center. We tried a game on each one. The only thing I remember was how difficult it was to throw the balls and knock the pins down. It was quite an experience and one that I (and my fellow travelers) will not forget.

Mahalo Nui Loa! (Thank you very much!)
Posted By: Kevin - Hockey Re: Candlepin Bowling - 01/25/09 08:31 PM
smile Yes, it is definitely a very difficult game. Very fun though, I should go more.
© BellaOnline Forums