BellaOnline
Posted By: Choc 100% Handicap - 04/05/08 07:00 PM
I recently read an article stating that the current demise of bowling as a sport is due largely to the mentality of, "letting everyone win, everyone should be able to score high, and therefore, the 100% handicap leagues." This fosters a non-competitive environment. What do you think?
I believe that the leagues throughout the world can exercise whatever option they want. Every situation is different and the majority of the bowlers in the league must decide what they believe is best for the league. If a bowler doesn't agree with the league rules, they do not have to join the league. If they do decide to join the league, they should not try to change the league once they have joined.
Posted By: Mikie Re: 100% Handicap - 07/02/08 08:09 AM
Have to agree that if you know the rules and join the league just get on and play the game..

Not sure how handicap's work myself as I've never played in a league.
Posted By: Choc Re: 100% Handicap - 07/02/08 01:19 PM
I have an article coming out this Friday which includes a brief explanation - basically, a league or tournament will set a base (such as 210) and bowlers who enter are given the difference between their average and the base multiplied by 80% or 90%. For example, your average is 155 then your handicap is 44 at the 80% and 49 at the 90%. [ (210 - 155) X .80] or [(210 - 155) X .90). Of course, then, 100% handicap means your handicap would be 55.
© BellaOnline Forums