BellaOnline
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Yoqua - water yoga - 08/21/10 07:01 PM
The day after my very first ever yoga class, I was brave and went to a yoqua class! Talk about triple stress, now we're doing something in the water that I've never even heard of!

Then to add yet a fourth stresser to it, the instructor apparently was a sub and normally does the water power fitness routine, so she told us she'd just do that instead smile

It wasn't bad though. We were in motion the entire time, jumping, kicking, wiggling and so on. It was tiring but fun. The water was a nice medium-warm temperature and there were 8 people in the class so a nice small size. I did enjoy it!

But I still don't know what yoqua is, so I'll have to see next week.
Posted By: YogaEditor Re: Yoqua - water yoga - 08/21/10 08:24 PM
Lisa, this is what I know about the yoga/aquatics blend. It should be along the same lines as your the Yogua class I think.

Yoga Afloat

Good luck....you're doing so many great things!

Nancy

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Yoqua - water yoga - 08/21/10 09:34 PM
Very cool, I figured it might be sort of like synchronized swimming! I wonder how you balance in tree pose with the water trying to push you over, from the splashes other people are making.

I guess I'll find out next week smile

Yes it was very scary for me to go try these things out but I'm glad I did!
Posted By: Jilly Re: Yoqua - water yoga - 08/22/10 12:22 AM
ooo, that sounds very fun! Good on you for going!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Yoqua - water yoga - 08/28/10 03:06 AM
OK my first "real" yoqua class tonight. I'm glad I had the other one first! If I'd had this one, I never would have thought I could manage water aerobics. I would have thought yoqua was the easy class and water aerobics was much harder. As it turns out, the water aerobics is light jumping and twisting and so on. The yoqua is (to me) much harder, with sustained leg lifts, sustained large movements, so much more strenuous. I was tired when we were done!

So it worked out well, in the sense that now I'm brave enough to do aqua aerobics too, and I'll also stick with the yoqua activities.
Posted By: Jilly Re: Yoqua - water yoga - 08/29/10 11:08 PM
They both sound good.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Yoqua - water yoga - 08/30/10 12:04 AM
Yes they are good for me in different ways. The yoqua is about building muscle tone and strength. The aqua aerobics are more about aerobic ability, lots of movement and so on. Both have friendly instructors and a relatively small, friendly class.

The only down side is I'm not fond of what the chlorine is doing to my hair and skin, but I can live with that.
© BellaOnline Forums