BellaOnline
Posted By: EatingVeggies Eating like a yoga master - 09/04/12 12:41 PM
I was interested in the diet aspects of practicing yoga. Do yoga students also learn about the ancient yoga dieting practices? I'm just being curious. I heard things about the healing and detoxing aspects of yoga.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Eating like a yoga master - 09/23/12 07:25 PM
I aim to eat lots of veggies, lean meats, low sugar, and drink lots of water. But I don't follow any special yoga diet in that sense.
Posted By: ancientflaxman Re: Eating like a yoga master - 09/23/12 09:06 PM
I hope that this helps. Try and determine your body type, Kapha, Pitta,???? That should give you a better idea of which foods to eat.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Eating like a yoga master - 10/10/12 02:41 AM
I will look into figuring out my body type - thanks!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Eating like a yoga master - 11/15/12 10:16 PM
OK a self-test I found on the web says I'm Pitta with Vata, with slightly more Pitta.

It says to avoid wheat and refined sugar. That should be all of us! Does it actually tell anybody to increase their sugar intake?

They say to avoid alcohol (i.e. wine). That won't happen smile.

Interestingly they say to never heat honey as it becomes poisonous. I'm not sure that's true ...?
Posted By: Tracy - Yoga Re: Eating like a yoga master - 11/17/12 10:28 AM
I know, the tests can be quite generic and like you say relate to everyone :) I've heard it said that honey shouldn't be given to babies under 1 since it has been known to cause in rare cases infant botulism. Otherwise not known it to be considered poisonous.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Eating like a yoga master - 11/20/12 10:08 AM
Tracy -

That's true, I have heard about the babies-no-honey thing. So maybe that's what they were thinking of.
© BellaOnline Forums