BellaOnline
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb What Yoga did you Do Today? - 06/15/11 01:55 PM
Since returning from Kripalu I have a fresh, renewed appreciation for how good my body feels after doing yoga. I will aim for a daily routine.

So far I'm doing well. The weather is cooperating so I did about an hour of yoga each morning on my back porch in the sun. The birds were singing, the flowers were blooming, and I feel so much better!

My leg muscles are fairly tight right now - I can barely go back into a hurdler's stretch - so that is something I'm working on.
Posted By: ExerciseEditor Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 06/15/11 02:18 PM
I did a flow practice with all types of sun salutations last Friday. Monday I did a chakra yoga practice with tons of emphasis on earth, air, heart (root, navel, heart).

Yesterday I got to practice with a client. We did seated poses to open up the hips at the very end of her workout. About 10 min. I had worked out earlier in the day so this felt really good.

I've tried practicing daily but have found that my body needs other types of exercise to stay happy, burn fat, build strength, boost endurance, and be healthy.

I've settled into 3 x a week practice and that seems to works for me.

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 06/17/11 05:58 AM
I've done about an hour of yoga each morning and today I also did my hour class in the afternoon which I have once a week. So I think I had two hours today! My spine is already feeling much better, and I'm doing better with my hurdler's stretch. I'm always surprised how quickly yoga can help out.

Monica - I agree that I don't think of yoga as a "replacement" for running or walking or aerobic - to me they're all different components of overall health. I am very eager for my boyfriend to finish using my PS2 monitor so I can hook up my dance-dance-revolution set again and get back to my dancing! I love doing that.
Posted By: kelly0403 Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 06/28/11 07:06 AM
I practiced surya-namaskar
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 06/30/11 12:49 AM
Dear Kelly -

I had to look that up, I didn't know its proper name! So you did a sun salutation today? What are the steps in the one you do?
Posted By: kelly0403 Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 06/30/11 05:49 AM
i practiced surya-namaskar today
Posted By: Astera Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 06/30/11 09:00 AM
Jffice Yoga I did today.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 07/06/11 01:38 AM
Dear Astera -

What is Jffice Yoga?

Today I did an hour of yoga in the morning on my back porch. Then in the evening I went to my gentle yoga class. It was quite nice.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 07/08/11 12:36 AM
Today I had a lunch appointment so I could only do a half hour of morning but then I had a full hour class so that was lovely outside in a gazebo.
Posted By: kelly0403 Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 07/20/11 11:14 AM
I am practicing prenatal yoga workouts for my healthy pregnancy.
Posted By: ExerciseEditor Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 07/27/11 05:42 PM
I'm thinking of skipping my Xtend Barre workout and doing about 70 minutes of my Shiva Rea flow yoga dvd. I have not practiced real yoga for over 3 weeks and I'm starting to feel like my mind is suffering for it. I'm finding it harder to go with the flow lately especially when work issues or family distractions come up.

I think 10-15 min. a day of chakra yoga poses is just not enough for me.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 07/27/11 10:16 PM
Dear Monica -

I enjoy Shiva Rea and several of the teachers I've worked with have promoted the health aspects of flow style yoga.

I do feel the loss when I stop doing yoga for a while. My mind gets more easily distracted and my body feels achy. I feel so much better when I do yoga each day.

I agree that for me 15 minutes would be too short. I am barely getting my mind to quiet and my body to relax in those first 15 minutes. It's probably the middle 30 minutes that I really hit my stride. Then the wind down period is important for its own reasons.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 10/22/11 05:43 AM
I've been so busy recently that I haven't done yoga for the past week. Also it's gotten cold out so it's too cold to do yoga on my back porch, and I'd gotten very fond of that. Doing it inside in a bedroom just isn't quite the same. But I need to adjust smile

Time to get the bedroom cleaned up so I have a "meditation room" to enjoy! I'll work on that tomorrow.

I can feel in my shoulders that they haven't been taken care of, they're achy and sore.
Posted By: Jilly Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 10/23/11 02:29 AM
I was in the waiting room at the guidance clinic yesterday for 45 minutes and did yoga there. I felt a little weird doing that in a public place, but then thought, 'screw it.'

Then in my self esteem class I committed to doing yoga every day this week. So I still have to do today (i forgot already). I can do tonite while dan and i watch something on tv.
Posted By: Jilly Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 11/03/11 09:13 PM
I have been better about the yoga but have not been doing it every day. My goal is still to do some - even a little bit - every day for a week.

Then for another week.

Then we will see. smile
Posted By: Lori - Marriage Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 11/03/11 10:05 PM
I'm thinking of bringing my yoga mat to the local park to be surrounded by nature while doing yoga. I'd love to go to the Sanctuary (a yoga center) but the monthly cost...
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 11/05/11 03:22 AM
Lori - nature sounds gorgeous! I understand completely about the cost of going to a center. I think it's better to make your own sanctuary smile

Jilly - that's great that you're working it into your daily routine!

I haven't done yoga since the cold weather hit. I was so spoiled by the gorgeous outdoor porch yoga that it feels less fun to do it inside. But I have to do it anyway. I have to make inside feel just as lovely.
Posted By: Jilly Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 11/05/11 05:47 AM
At my self esteem class I was talking about my yoga goal and we decided to do a few sun salutations right there. That was nice.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 11/05/11 10:22 PM
Dear Jilly -

That's wonderful, you're helping bring yoga into the lives of others!

I am currently doing corpse pose with my laptop on my lap smile

OK I will put the laptop down and do some owl twists! I love those smile
Posted By: Jilly Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 11/05/11 11:43 PM
I would not mind if we opened with a sun salutation before each class.

Lisa, have you done Hot?bikram yoga yet? I am hesitant about hot yoga. it sounds sweaty instead of relaxing.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 11/07/11 11:02 AM
Dear Jilly -

I have not tried hot yoga, and right now I'm too busy to think about researching or looking for one to try out. Maybe in the spring!

Fans say it's like being in a lovely sauna and then gently stretching.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 12/20/11 02:12 AM
I don't think I've done yoga in a month. I've been insanely busy and cut out everything - but I really miss the yoga. I can feel aches and pains in all parts of my body.

Part of it is I loved my hour long routine, and it seems impossibly long to "waste" now.

I need to just do 10 minutes. I can spare 10 minutes. I need to start somewhere.
Posted By: Jilly Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 12/29/11 06:29 AM
Have you done ten minutes? I want to at least do a sun salutation each day...i keep forgetting.
Posted By: Lisa - Moms Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 12/29/11 02:32 PM
I'm about to do (embarrassed to say)... Denise Austin's yoga video. It's one with weights and I love it. It's not exactly the "peaceful way to start your morning yoga", but it's a great, short workout.
Posted By: Jilly Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 12/31/11 11:18 PM
Lisa, don't be embarrassed! All yoga is good yoga.

I need to go outside in the sun and do some salutations today.
Posted By: Jilly Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/02/12 08:32 PM
patheric, yes, but i did some stretches and child's pose this morning.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/09/12 08:47 PM
I did some yoga on vacation and it was quite soothing. It helped to release stress.

Now that I'm home, I've come down with a cold. I may just do a few simple poses later, to help relax.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/27/12 01:31 AM
OK the cold is finally over and I'm starting to settle into a routine again. I did an hour of yoga today with a new instructor. I'll post about her separately, but I'm glad I did get an hour in.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/13/12 03:14 AM
Spring is coming! We had gorgeous weather today and I set up the back porch with our plants that we'd wintered in the dining area. The big pot of rosemary right by where my yoga mat goes. Then I did yoga!

I tried out the new yoga mat my boyfriend gave me - I'll post about that separately.

I did an hour of it and realized just how much I'd missed doing this. I've been doing 1-2 hours of dance a day, but yoga has its own charms.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/13/12 07:45 PM
I did a lovely hour of yoga today on the back porch, on my normal mat. It was great! I also put Juliet (our cat) on a leash for the first time so she could come out with me. She loved it! She lay in the grass in front of me and sprawled in bliss. Occasionally she'd wander to a new spot. It was idyllic smile
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 08/06/12 05:44 PM
Back from another hiatus smile I can feel it in my spine if I haven't done yoga in a while.

It was an absolutely gorgeous day. I just finished an hour of yoga on the back porch. Sun shining, birds singing, kitty sprawled next to me.

How are you guys doing?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 09/23/12 07:26 PM
OK yes once again I let life distract me. Time to start afresh.

As soon as my graphics card installs I plan on going out for a short while, to get my day started. You guys know I work at night so I don't wake up until 2pm or so. Which is nice in that my "morning" yoga is in full warm sun even in the fall. I like to do my yoga on the back porch.
Posted By: ancientflaxman Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 09/23/12 09:02 PM
Sunrise yoga
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 10/10/12 02:43 AM
Today I just did some gentle twists, but it was certainly better than nothing! I need to carve out more time for yoga.
Posted By: BoomerGal Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 11/28/12 02:09 PM
I started practicing Bikram yoga 5 weeks ago and have been going 4-5 times a week. I definitely takes more commitment than my yoga class at the YMCA. I used to go to the Y 2-3 times a week and if I missed a class, I didn't stress about it. I think with Bikram, you kind of have to go more often or you can't improve.

I've noticed a lot of benefits to hot yoga though and really like it. It's a real challenge.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/03/13 08:01 AM
That's great to hear, BoomerGal!

I did an hour of yoga this morning, as dawn was arriving. It was lovely!
Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/03/13 08:09 AM
I did a sun salutation early in the day - it's my all-purpose get up and go stretch - I'm 60+ BTW
Posted By: Tracy - Yoga Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/03/13 09:04 AM
Hi Susan smile I love how yoga is so universal and available to everyone. Sun salutation is such an awaken for the whole body. Good to hear how it helps you.

I was up at the crack of dawn to pick my son up from the airport and missed my session today. Will have to do some stretches and meditation later smile
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/07/13 10:05 AM
I did morning yoga yesterday, and today I again was able to do it. I'm getting into a rhythm! I really enjoy doing yoga while watching the birds out my sliding glass door. It brings an additional layer of peace.
Posted By: BoomerGal Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/07/13 03:44 PM
I'm still doing 90 minute hot yoga classes and loving it! I didn't start doing it to lose weight but I've gone from a size 10 jeans to a size 6! I never thought I would evenn see size 8 again. All this happened over the holidays, BTW and I didn't do anything special with my diet.
Posted By: Tracy - Yoga Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/08/13 04:14 AM
Good to hear of your practices. Sounds like Hot Yoga suits you down to the ground Boomergal smile.

I've been doing a lot of meditation recently. My back has been niggling for a couple of weeks so been taking it easy on my usual practice - still doing gentle stretches and a lot of walking!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/08/13 09:31 AM
BoomerGal - congratulations! That is great news.

I just finished my morning yoga session. Today I had juncos, downies, and titmice keeping me company. Next up, to sort out my mail smile.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/09/13 11:26 AM
A lovely morning session of yoga with bluebirds, nuthatches, chickadees, and the ever-present juncos. A serene way to start the day!
Posted By: Tracy - Yoga Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/10/13 12:51 PM
Sounds lovely. My session was postponed from this morning to this afternoon due to family considerations - and space! I did some gentle stretches, spinal twists and pranayama before an hour meditation.
Posted By: Jilly Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/11/13 02:41 AM
I have been doing yoga in bed the last few days. Since I am still getting over this flu, I'm taking it really easy. Lots of stretches and cobras and planks.
Posted By: Tracy - Yoga Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/11/13 06:14 AM
Hope you feel better soon! Hope the yoga is helping.

I recently did the same - stretches in bed and pranayama to help with breathing and the aches and pains that the flu brings.

Do you usually have a yoga practice?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/18/13 01:48 PM
I Forgot to check in, but I think I've done yoga every day since my last post. I've really enjoyed the routine, and I love having the bird feeder right "in front of me" while I do the practice. And now my petunia is flowering! smile
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/19/13 01:37 PM
Didn't sleep well last night, but a lovely yoga session brought a fresh start to my day. Beautiful blue skies and sunshine.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/20/13 02:47 PM
A delightful yoga session with sunshine and a purring kitty. The rose plant Bob got me last Valentine's Day is looking ready to flower!
Posted By: Tracy - Yoga Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/21/13 12:42 PM
Thanks for all your updates smile

I regularly do The Spinal Warm up series from Kundalini and have found that to be great to energise and waken the body in the morning. I posted an article about it earlier smile
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/24/13 08:32 PM
I had a great yoga session this morning - the sun was sparkling off the snow, turning it into a kaleidoscope of colors. It was really pretty smile.
Posted By: Tracy - Yoga Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/28/13 05:43 AM
Today I have done a complete session as listed on previous post smile
All the snow has gone and given way to a green landscape again.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/28/13 02:22 PM
I have your snow!

A lovely yoga session while snowflakes danced and spun outside my window. The bluebirds are stocking up on suet to prepare! I got video smile
Posted By: Tracy - Yoga Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/29/13 03:43 AM
Sounds lovely smile
Posted By: Lisa - Moms Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/31/13 08:42 PM
DDP Yoga... so fun! and it's a good workout... it's not your peaceful yoga... or, as the DDP guy says "this ain't your mama's yoga"
Posted By: Tracy - Yoga Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 02/01/13 04:54 AM
Hi Lisa (Pinkus) Thanks for sharing! Sounds great. Hadn't heard of DDP Yoga - just looked it up. They describe it as a hybrid yoga due to all the additions. Good to know you've found a yoga that helps and makes you feel good smile
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 02/01/13 04:37 PM
I did modified yoga this afternoon, avoided all the head-down poses like Downward Facing Dog. Still foggy, but feeling better. The flu is finally fading. It was nice to stretch and watch the bluebirds.
Posted By: Tracy - Yoga Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 02/04/13 05:17 AM
Hi Lisa hope the flu is lifting! Good to see you are still able to do a modified gentle practice while ill. Hope the recovery is swift.

Today I have done some deep stretches and will take a long brisk walk later to blow off the cobwebs smile
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 02/04/13 05:05 PM
I'm glad to be feeling better again. I did my full yoga session and my fine feels quite happy smile.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 02/05/13 08:43 PM
A lovely yoga session - wow, much different doing it mid-day after my shake! I felt much stronger and integrated with the poses.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 02/13/13 05:15 PM
A lovely yoga session, my first since last Thursday I think. I missed it. My spine feels much better now. Lots of petunias to enjoy!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 02/28/13 06:33 PM
A lovely yoga session, with Juliet the cat interweaving as much as she possibly could. She likes to help with my balance. Now shake time.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/09/13 12:22 AM
I finally got the kitchen cleared out enough to do yoga again. It's funny how quickly it fills with clutter. I enjoyed it immensely. My body definitely misses it when I can't do it. Julie was walking all around beneath me while I did my downward facing dog.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/09/13 06:50 PM
Did my yoga, my tailbone is sore from doing the 100 situps yesterday. Bob recommends I just hold plank longer vs doing situps to work on my stomach muscles. So I'll give that a try. The spinal twists felt really, really nice.
Posted By: Tracy - Yoga Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/10/13 08:16 AM
Sounds good advice - holding plank for longer. I've been diagnosed with pleurisy which has come on since having the flu before Christmas. Been in a lot of pain with it and at last got a proper diagnosis after being fobbed off that it was muscular!

Been doing breathing exercises and the kriya I posted in my article last week to try and alleviate symptoms also taking lots of rest!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/20/13 05:35 PM
Wow has it been this long since I did yoga? That would be sad.

I enjoyed a lovely yoga session on this first day of spring. My spine appreciates the gentle stretching.
Posted By: Tina - Living Simply Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/20/13 08:07 PM
Lisa, I loved the yoga exercises you encouraged us to do at your launch party last week. Is there somewhere there are exercises like that in a list on one page?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/24/13 06:08 PM
Tina - I have my list of yoga exercises I used here -

Book Launch Party

Enjoy!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/24/13 06:09 PM
I had a delightful yoga session today. It was lovely and warm - 64F - with sun streaming in through the window. Also I danced all night long last night, so my spine definitely enjoyed the stretching!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/25/13 06:44 PM
I adored my yoga session today. My spine felt great, my legs felt great, it was just what I needed.
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/25/13 11:21 PM
My spine is jealous. But since I won't be going to bed for several hours I think I will endulge in a little yoga.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/28/13 04:19 PM
On Tuesday night I ended up at a friend's small office for a few hours in the evening, waiting for my boyfriend to finish playing darts. He was playing in a smoky club so I didn't want to be in the club with him. I ended up just doing my yoga routine on the carpet. It was lovely! It was great to have a way to relax and exercise without needing any equipment at all. It was after hours so there was nobody in the office to see me smile
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 04/08/13 05:12 PM
Wow I think that was the last time I did yoga. It's funny how the days slip away.

Today was *gorgeous* out so for the first time this year I did yoga on the back porch. It was fantastic. Julie, my cat, sprawled at my side. She's normally an inside-only cat but I let her out when I go out.

Blue skies, drifting clouds, singing birds, quite lovely.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 04/17/13 06:16 PM
Wow, a long time since my last yoga. This poison ivy did me in.

Had a lovely yoga session in the early evening - but killed at least 15 mosquitoes while I was out there. Feeling a tad bit guilty.

It was the first day the poison ivy felt under control enough to attempt it.
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 04/17/13 07:24 PM
I had a really nice Yin Yoga session which I just finished. I did it in my workout room with lots of clothes on and blankets. It is 18 degrees with wind chill of 1 degrees and it is still snowing, going on day 4 now. I long for the day I can do yoga on my patio.
Posted By: Tracy - Yoga Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 04/19/13 03:41 AM
Sounds like a lovely session Terri. Hope the snow lets up smile
Posted By: Tracy - Yoga Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 04/19/13 03:45 AM
Hi Lisa,

Glad you managed to do some yoga. You've had it tough recently! Hope you're better soon smile

I've been doing some very basic stretches, breathing exercises and meditation during my bout of pleurisy. Still not right yet although I feel the sessions have helped me - if not physically definitely emotionally.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/02/13 07:39 PM
I still haven't done a full session, I need to get back into the habit.

I did do tree pose today. I do that when I'm standing around so that one is "easy" for me.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/16/13 12:04 AM
Wow, I never realize how long has gone by until I post again.

My new technique is I got 3 DVDs from the library so I have to do them daily to try them all out and return them in time.

Tested out the DVD "Yoga for Stress Relief & Flexibility" with Ashley Turner. I did the stress relief part tonight. It was quiet and gentle. I'll try the flexibility half tomorrow.
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/16/13 12:17 AM
looking forward to your recommendations.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/18/13 12:29 AM
I did the flexibility part last night, and have posted my review of the DVD. Now I'll try a routine from one of the other two DVDs tonight smile.
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/18/13 12:48 PM
I'm not able to do yoga right now because of my surgery. However I do breathing and meditation.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/20/13 02:30 AM
Terri -

How about mountain pose? smile
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/20/13 02:30 AM
I've done several routines from my Yoga for Weight Loss DVD. Today I did a 30 minute one followed by a 20 minute one. They were OK but did have some issues. Hopefully tomorrow (Monday) I can tackle the 50 minute routine.
Posted By: Tracy - Yoga Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/20/13 05:11 AM
Wishing you a speedy recovery from surgery Terri smile
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/20/13 04:59 PM
Thank you, Tracy.
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/20/13 05:01 PM
Yes, I believe I can do Mountain Pose. I have a few others in mind also. Just don't have a lot of energy yet.
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/20/13 05:05 PM
Lisa, you may have already mentioned but who is the production company and the instructor of the DVDs?
Posted By: Neviathwen Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/21/13 12:12 AM
My classes this week are all about creating length in the side body and waist, seated side bend and cat/cow to start, Surya Namaskar with 3 legged dog and option for Camatkarasana(wild thing) worked in. Virabhadrasana II and Reverse, Utthita Trikonasana and Reverse, prasarita padotadasana. On the floor Parivrtta Janu Sirsasana, Cobra (mini/med/large) to finish supported savasana on some folded blankets.
Posted By: Tracy - Yoga Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/21/13 04:09 AM
Hi Neviathwen,

Love the sound of your sequences. Using the breath throughout the postures is great to increase length. I always imagine pulling the ribcage away from the hips with each in breath to lengthen the spine and increase the stretch. It is so beneficial to the body as it keeps us tall instead of all bunched up in the middle.

Thanks for sharing your inspiring session.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 06/28/13 07:45 PM
When we were at the vet yesterday with Ivory, our parakeet, both Bob and I did tree pose in the waiting room. It was relaxing and calming. It's good to have these "tools" to work with so when you are in a stressful situation you have the techniques at your disposal.
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 06/28/13 09:10 PM
How is Ivory?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 08/22/13 02:20 PM
Wow, it is just amazing how time scampers by when one is not paying attention.

I just did a full yoga set today, the first time in apparently a very long time.

I need to make this part of my daily routine again. My muscles definitely are not as stretchy as they used to be.

One day at a time. Today was a good yoga day smile.
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 08/22/13 04:05 PM
Lisa, have you read anything about using weights while doing yoga?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 08/23/13 01:04 PM
Enjoyed a lovely yoga session on the back porch with hummingbirds, dragonflies, a cute tree frog, Julie the cat, and a circular rainbow!
Does buying yoga pants count?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 08/23/13 05:11 PM
Absolutely Chelle - every step is a step in the right direction!

How about just giving yourself some "halos" for the day, to celebrate. Sit up straight and gently rotate your head as if it was making halos.
My back and neck have been so stiff lately, I had been thinking of giving some (very) mild yoga a try. I know I don't need yoga pants to do yoga, but it makes me feel more like it, lol!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 08/27/13 12:47 PM
Chelle -

Every little bit helps! Try doing even "arm flaps". Stand and gently rotate left, then right, as if your arms were loose coat sleeves. Let them flap against your body at the end of each turn. It helps to loosen your spine and feels nice.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 08/27/13 12:51 PM
A lovely yoga session on my back porch - but last night's massive rainstorm seems to have swept away the cute tree frog. I can't find him! I hope he's all right. I did see many dragonflies.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 08/28/13 11:54 PM
I did some fun yoga as part of a photography project. I'll post about that in the photography forum smile.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 08/31/13 12:20 PM
What a gorgeous morning! Yoga on the back porch and our little grey tree frog is back! I'm so glad it's OK. Beautiful start to a day.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/29/14 09:12 AM
A lovely yoga session. I haven't done a full one in a while. Plus the birds were flying steadily at the feeder. A lovely start to the day.
Posted By: Tracy - Yoga Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/29/14 12:15 PM
Hi Lisa,

That sounds lovely.

I'm just back from a yoga class. I joined in a friends class today. It was great to do an unfamiliar routine. Although, I did a Pilates class on Monday and my muscles are still sore so I had to take it slow today.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 02/01/14 02:17 PM
I've never tried Pilates. I should some day smile.

I love my morning yoga sessions. My spine and hamstrings feel so much better afterwards. They crave the stretching. I had a relaxing one this morning in the kitchen, where I can see the bird feeders while I move. It's a great start to the day.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 02/01/14 02:43 PM
... This is the tank I wore yesterday. I wore a variant of it today - comfy.

Posted By: Tracy - Yoga Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 02/01/14 02:53 PM
Hi Lisa,

The top looks lovely. I wear loose leggins and a long sleeved top to do yoga in.

Pilates is good. Excellent for core stability as a lot of the exercises engage the stomach muscles. I have been to several classes with different teachers and no two classes have been the same. The Monday class was very yoga like as in the postures were familiar yoga postures including; The Tree, Downward Dog, Plank and a version of Salute To The Sun.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 02/01/14 02:56 PM
... Here's the pants from yesterday, and again I wore a variant today. I'm not that fond of polyester; that's my main complaint.

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 02/01/14 02:58 PM
Tracy -

I greatly prefer my thinner-strapped top as it doesn't bind as much -

But I don't have 7 of those and I tend to only do wash once a week smile.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 02/02/14 12:53 PM
Did fairly brief yoga today because I also did an hour of Wii dancing, which I love.

Here's another of my Danskin tops - still don't like it as much as the thin strap one. It's good to have a selection though smile.

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 02/02/14 12:59 PM
These are the pants I wore which are identical in every tag number to the previous ones - it's just the color is pink and not stripey blue.

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 02/03/14 12:05 PM
Lovely yoga session this morning; joints and spine feel so much better now. Now to tackle the 1,699 msgs in my inbox. Having my EAS shake.
Posted By: Tracy - Yoga Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 02/03/14 12:52 PM
I had a good session today too. Went to Pilates class. Was tough class though I felt amazing afterwards.

Good luck with the emails!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 02/04/14 11:44 AM
A lovely yoga session with birds at the two feeders. I'm doing better at plank, too - I have 2 rounds of it during the sun salutations.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 02/04/14 12:08 PM
Here's the yoga routine I'm currently doing. Do you guys do yoga? What poses do you like?

Forward Standing Section
* Standing gently turning arm-flapping-like-open-coat-sleeves, 20 count, a la Kripalu.
* Moon pose, left and right
* Bend back, then bend forward to floor
* Tree pose, left and right
* Sun salutation, 2 rounds
... includes downward-facing dog, plank, cobra, and other poses

Side Standing Section
Warrior Pose II
... includes sub-poses like side angle pose
Warrior Pose I
Hanging triangle

Middle Section
Tucked squat
Lord of the Fishes left and right
Cat-Cow 10x
Extended Child Pose
Rolling Cat-Cow 10x
Extended Child Pose

Floor Section
Hurdler's Stretch, forward back, left right
Spinal twist - knee to one side, arm outstretched to other, left right
Dead bug pose
Bridge pose with very slow release
savasana
Lotus position, 5 halos each way, 5 nose circles each way
Namaste
Posted By: Tracy - Yoga Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 02/05/14 03:33 PM
Sounds like a great routine smile Very comprehensive. Today I did a class that included; leg raises, warrior 1 and 2, honing downward dog, salute to the sun, shoulder stand, fish pose, child pose, and a lot of leg extensions.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 02/05/14 05:07 PM
That sounds great, Tracy! I don't do shoulder stands. I'd probably fall smile.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 02/05/14 05:08 PM
A lovely yoga session to start my day! We have about 14" of snow, the birds are flocking at the feeders, it's beautiful out. Serenity.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 02/06/14 12:44 PM
A lovely morning yoga session. Birds at all the feeders, and my hamstrings are stretching a bit more each day! A great start to a sunny day.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 02/07/14 01:26 PM
A lovely, sunny yoga session, and Juliet the cat came over to help me, too smile. How is your day going? #yoga #serenity
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 02/11/14 12:01 PM
A lovely yoga session this morning; Juliet the cat helped me with cat-cow. Bob braved the frigid cold to bring seed and suet to the birds.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 02/12/14 04:29 PM
It's been a whirlwind day - I haven't even been able to post about my morning yoga yet smile. It was lovely! Lots to do. One step at a time.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 02/16/14 05:29 PM
Back on my night schedule; woke up at 2pm. A lovely yoga session with sunlight streaming through the window. Then organized my watercolors. Bob got me some lovely bins and binders so everything's neat now. Excellent. Next up, a final read-through of my latest 10-chapter novella so I can hand that over to the reviewers.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 02/17/14 04:06 PM
A much-needed yoga session. Various stresses in my life ease away while holding downward facing dog and plank pose. #yoga #stressmanagement
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/24/14 04:17 PM
Began my day with a lovely yoga session. My body feels so much better after stretching and gently twisting. It has meditation built in too!

Do you guys do any daily stretching?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/25/14 03:12 PM
A wonderful yoga session - Bob is mixing music for his band so I had a beautiful soundtrack to stretch with. The best of all worlds!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/26/14 05:05 PM
A lovely yoga session while testing out some clothing for a yoga company. Not my usual style but worked reasonably well. Windy outside! How are you guys doing today?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/27/14 04:47 PM
Tested what yoga I could do if I didn't have a mat handy. Always good to explore the options. Yoga each day is good for the spine!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 04/24/14 02:05 PM
Did my morning yoga routine today after a 2 week break. It felt SO good to stretch. My spine and neck absolutely needed it. My neck was incredibly crinkly.

What yoga have you done recently?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 04/27/14 03:57 PM
#Yoga today reminded me why it's important to stretch daily. When I don't, my muscles tighten back up noticeably. A little each day helps!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 04/28/14 11:43 AM
A quite relaxing #yoga session this morning - my spine feels so happy when I'm done. I want to go out dancing smile. But lots to do today!
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 04/28/14 04:45 PM
Sometimes if I am running behind I will do a simple 10 min. routine with some Chi Quong breathing. I would love to know what your yoga routine consist of.
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 04/28/14 04:54 PM
Here's a recommendation for everyone whatever your work may be. Stand up/or sit down every 30-45 minutes. Your back will be happy.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 04/29/14 01:07 PM
Terri - that's a great recommendation! I definitely try to get up regularly, to stretch and twist.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 04/29/14 01:07 PM
Runners talk about a "runner's high", but I think I'm floating in my "yoga high" after a lovely session. My spine is singing in contentment.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/01/14 11:22 AM
Happy May Day everyone! I love May Day. It celebrates spring and a fresh start on our goals and dreams. I had a lovely yoga session today smile
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/02/14 04:57 PM
My body likes yoga. I've gained about 1/4" in height since I got home and began daily yoga again. My cartilage is content. #yoga And did you know they can now 3D-print cartilage? Cool!

DailyMail UK / 3D Printing of Cartilage
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/02/14 11:32 PM
Wow, I need some of that 3D cartilage. I have a couple short routines I do when I'm in a rush so I did one of them today. It's pretty cool, I'll have to make an article out of it.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/04/14 01:52 PM
That sounds like a great idea, Terri!

Yesterday I didn't do any because I had to wake up and race out the door to Bob's benefit gig. I barely had time to shower.

Today I had a fantastic yoga session. All of a sudden I had a wealth of ideas for the third mystery book I'm writing. After days of being stuck!
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/04/14 11:15 PM
I glad the yoga cleared your writer's block.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/05/14 02:05 PM
Today's yoga was wonderful, restful, stretching, and decorated with hummingbirds smile. A perfect way to begin the week. #yoga #hummingbirds
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/06/14 03:37 PM
Someone suggested I try Tiger Balm on my shoulders before yoga today. It only tingled a little. Maybe it's old? It's the tube kind. #yoga
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/08/14 03:32 PM
Still doing yoga indoor. Yesterday we had snow. Today gray and cold. Will spring ever come. I love doing yoga in the sun.
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/08/14 03:44 PM
Kelly, there are several different forms of Sun Salutations, the most common being Sun Salutation A. How many do you do each day?
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/08/14 03:50 PM
Lisa, you are so disciplined. I have trouble with my schedule, trying to fit everything in. I know if I did my yoga first thing in the morning it would be best but I'm not a morning person and prefer late afternoon or evening.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/09/14 03:48 PM
Terri -

Technically I'm not a morning person - I wake up around 1pm or 2pm or so smile. Still, I do the yoga right when I wake up. Otherwise life takes over and I never find the time.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/09/14 03:48 PM
Tried yoga with Tiger Balm Ultra on my shoulders. It was good, but not "really" different. Maybe because my yoga top is a halter?

I should try it with a regular t-shirt, to hold in the heat.
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/12/14 12:47 AM
I'm glad I'm not the only person who would rather work at night and sleep late. You're right do the yoga first thing, or I may never get it done. Do you mind telling me what time do you start and finish work? You are so busy.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/12/14 03:23 PM
Terri -

I work from home. I wake up somewhere between 1-3pm. I then work until probably 3am or so, and go to sleep. I sometimes might watch an hour or two of TV with Bob in the living room. I start with my hour of yoga most days. I'm hoping now that it's warmer that I'll be able to do some kayaking some afternoons.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/12/14 03:23 PM
Juliet the cat is a great assistant with yoga poses. Here she helps me with extended child pose. #yoga #serenity

Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/12/14 09:50 PM
Lisa, I work from home too. Not quite the same schedule but similar. I find that people don't understand why I sleep so late, even when I tell them I work at night. I have been doing my yoga in the afternoon when I'm more awake, but then it gets pushed aside sometimes. Today I did it first thing this morning. Felt good, I'll see how I do with this schedule.

PS--Is there a particular reason you work at night other than just being a night person? If it's personal then disregard.
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/12/14 09:52 PM
How cute. I have Katie the 50lb. dog that like to do yoga with me.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/13/14 05:18 PM
Terri -

I am often making coding changes to BellaOnline and have to reboot the server. I don't want to do that midday when we have millions of people trying to use it smile.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/13/14 05:20 PM
I had a little visitor watching my yoga today - this is a European Paper Wasp - an invasive species here in Mass.

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/14/14 07:08 PM
I had the most wonderful yoga session today - the first on my back porch this year. A hummingbird hovered right in front of my face! smile
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/14/14 07:21 PM
Here's my yoga space, on my back deck. Pepper plants, rosemary plant, hummingbird and suet feeder, kitty on leash smile. The pepper plants and rosemary plant are several years old - we bring them in each winter. They've only been outside for a week or two.

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/14/14 08:28 PM
Here's my "pet" hummingbird who hangs out at my window all day. She's so cute!

Hummingbird Video
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/15/14 03:27 PM
Yes that makes perfect sense.
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/15/14 03:29 PM
Oh, you are so lucky, what a beautiful setting. We had a foot of snow this weekend and are still melting out. It's usually late May or early June when I can practice outside.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/23/14 04:21 PM
A wonderful yoga session today. The back yard is verdant and lovely. Feeling blessed, kitty is healthy, Bob is healthy. Namaste.
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/23/14 11:43 PM
I envy you. I always feel like I'm in a hurry.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/24/14 12:01 AM
Terri -

I could easily feel like that, with the massive backlog of work I have. But I find it doesn't help if I feel stressed - it only makes it harder to do each task. Tasks go so much quicker and smoother if I'm relaxed. So I focus on the task before me and give it my all. And when it's done I move to the next task. Rushing rarely makes it go better. Usually in my case it just makes it worse smile.
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/26/14 04:50 PM
Lisa, You are so totally right. Do you use any method to prioritize?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/27/14 04:13 PM
Terri -

That's a whole giant topic - I'll post about it in the Self Development forum smile

I had a wonderful yoga session today - it was too hot to do it on the back porch. Funny how the seasons change so quickly. It seems like it was just spring.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/31/14 04:04 PM
An absolutely beautiful #yoga session today on the back porch. Butterflies, hummingbirds, Julie sprawled at my side. Bliss.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 06/03/14 09:26 PM
A busy day. Finally getting to post that yes, I had a yoga session on my back porch when I began. Julie snoozed in the shade by my side. It was just so peaceful. It was fairly hot out, though - I had to set up my yoga mat under the shade of the umbrella. And summer's barely here!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 06/04/14 05:24 PM
Misty and cool today - perfect for a back porch yoga session. The hummingbirds flitted in and out, enjoying the nectar. A lovely day. #yoga Have you done any stretching today? Now's the perfect time to do some gentle neck exercises!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 06/09/14 06:55 PM
I had a lovely yoga session on the back porch. Hummingbirds kept me company - and Bob fixed the mower! We have a fire pit again! Happy. I had thought the helicopters flying overhead were preparing for Obama's visit on Wednesday, but it turns out a man was lost in the nearby forest. Bob and I headed over to help with the effort - fortunately a K9 unit found him and all was resolved. So all in all a good day.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 06/14/14 08:28 PM
Simply lovely dusk yoga session with hummingbirds coming over to visit me. Idyllic. Every day deserves a little yoga in it.
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 06/16/14 04:59 PM
Lisa, I totally agree. A little yoga, doesn't have to be much, really makes a day better.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 06/16/14 07:04 PM
Had a wonderful indoor yoga session today - the living room is clean! Plenty of space! Who knows how long this will last smile.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 06/19/14 08:18 PM
Amazing day. Where to begin. Yoga was wonderful on the back porch. Now listening to folk music in the dusk; cardinals are singing along.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 06/19/14 08:36 PM
This was a perfect example of staying positive leads to amazing things. I aimed to wake up at 11am - I need to rotate my schedule to wake up by 7:30am on Saturday. I ended up sleeping until 3. Still, I stayed upbeat and went out to do my yoga. It seemed too sunny out, but I persevered, moved the table umbrella and made myself a shady spot. It was perfect - Juliet sprawled with me and the phoebe chicks chimed in above my head. But now I was running late for my 5:30pm opening reception for my two photos at the Worcester City Hall. Bob was sweet and said he'd drive me in so I didn't have to find parking. I got to the meeting place (another gallery) at 6pm and nobody was there from our group - but I was undeterred. I enjoyed the items there, including two amazing black-and-white drawings by a local artist. Then I walked across to the City Hall gallery. The group was there - and began leaving! They were done for the day and were all heading home. I could have been disappointed, but I decided to enjoy the gallery on my own. As I was there, Bruce showed up, then Judy, and soon we had eight of us enjoying the show. It was great. Then my phone died, so I couldn't call Bob. So I kept an eye on my watch and at 6:55 said my good-byes. I was going to meet Bob at 7pm on the street as our fail-safe. As I'm heading out through the City Hall garage I hear one of my favorite songs from local band Neptune's Car . My first instinct - to pull out my camera to record the music, to show Neptune's Car how their music is being piped in to the city garage. As I do, I realize the music is coming from ALL AROUND ME. I yell in delight and go racing up the ramp of the garage to the common area - and THERE THEY ARE!! LIVE!!! I'm now in seventh heaven. I keep looking over to the street to watch for Bob while I enjoy the amazing music. I finally see Bob doing his loop and race over to him, ask him to park, and race back to the music. Neptune's Car even does two encores so I can enjoy more of them. And we get to chat afterwards. Then Bob drives me home - and now I'm on the back porch listening to WICN on my laptop waiting for the Neptune's Car live interview to come on in about 15 minutes. I'll be recording it. And while I'm listening to the streaming folk music with Irish whistles, a pair of cardinals come over to the birch tree next to me and listen in! Just a lovely, lovely day. And in so many places I could have given up or been unhappy.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 06/25/14 07:29 PM
A fantastic back porch yoga session - hummingbirds flew down to peer in curiosity at Juliet the cat. She peered back. Serenity smile. Bob mentions, though, that this is training the hummingbirds that cats are friendly, peaceful creatures, which may not be in their best interest.
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 06/26/14 08:57 PM
I was fortunate and got to teach yoga classes Tuesday and Thursday this week. It was fun, I haven't taught in awhile.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 06/30/14 05:34 PM
A beautiful yoga session on my back porch - The first three day lilies are open! I know the butterflies will love them. Serenity. #yoga
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 07/11/14 05:55 PM
My start-of-day #yoga session was lovely. A hummingbird flitted around my head, examining the marigolds and rose plant. JulieCat at my side.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 07/13/14 09:55 PM
The day's been a whirl! I did do my yoga when I woke up - quite lovely. Peaceful, gentle breezes, relaxing on my back porch. #yoga
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 07/14/14 06:12 PM
My lovely yoga session even included a gentle restorative shower at the end of it smile. Julie wasn't quite so fond of the overhead sprinklers.
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 07/14/14 11:45 PM
I had a mini yoga session in the kitchen while I made spaghetti sauce. Felt good and smelled good too.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 07/21/14 06:29 PM
Not enough time for a full yoga session today but I at least did a short amount. It's always better to do some rather than none. #yoga
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 07/27/14 02:06 PM
I did yoga in the Atlanta airport last week. I am traveling so I get some in whenever and wherever I can. As I was doing the airport yoga I asked myself "am I the only person doing yoga in this airport right now?" Something fun to think about. I've always wanted to do an informal yoga to relax in an airport for distressed passengers or anybody. Maybe I'll try it going home.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 07/28/14 06:46 PM
A lovely, lovely yoga session on the back porch. Hummingbirds flitting, Juliet stretching, bees buzzing, and marigolds. Soak in life. #yoga
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 08/20/14 12:22 PM
What a beautiful day! I enjoyed my back-porch #yoga with hummingbirds, JulieCat, morning glories, cosmos, chickadees, and gentle breezes. Are you soaking in the sun?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 08/21/14 11:33 AM
A lovely yoga session on the back porch. Cool for August. I never put my AC in my office window this year. Are we having a strange year? I certainly appreciate August being so temperate - but does this mean we'll have a frigid winter?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 08/24/14 11:09 AM
A stunningly beautiful August morning for my back porch yoga. Treasuring the hummingbirds - I know they'll be heading south soon. #yoga
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 09/02/14 10:52 AM
A lovely yoga session to begin the new week! As I lay on my mat, a hummingbird floated right above my face, peering down at me smile. #yoga
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 09/03/14 12:16 PM
A beautiful morning for yoga on the back porch. Late summer is such a lovely time of year. Bob's serenading me on the bass, too. Idyllic. How are you enjoying today?
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 09/10/14 10:36 PM
Lisa, it sounds beautiful. I look forward to the day that I am recovered enough to practice yoga.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 09/12/14 02:40 PM
Had a beautiful morning yoga. Definitely needed it - my spine has been creaking. Still have hummingbirds. They'll be migrating soon. #yoga
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 11/15/14 09:31 AM
Just did a full yoga routine, the first time in a long time. Just been so busy and couldn't spare the time. But my body needed it! #yoga
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 11/16/14 10:33 AM
My peppers marigolds rosemary crocus lavender are now "home" the dining room window area; I had my first #yoga session with them. Lovely! They are all potted so they go out in the summer and then back in during the winter. I'm looking forward to seeing the crocus plants make saffron blossoms. So far they are just green stalks.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 11/17/14 02:02 PM
Had a great yoga session this morning - Bob even spotted me so I could do a better backbend. My spine needed it! How are you today?

Here's a simple in-seat exercise. Imagine you have a halo over the crown of your head. Slowly trace it with your crown five times clockwise. Then five times counter-clockwise.
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 11/17/14 08:52 PM
Did my first full yoga practice, since my knee surgery, yesterday. Felt really good. My knees don't bend all the way yet, but they will.
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 11/17/14 08:58 PM
Sounds great. My husband has to spot me in Camel Pose.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 11/18/14 02:53 PM
Had a lovely yoga session. I contemplated why our society sometimes can judge people as "ugly" or "not ugly" - is this healthy? Why do we feel the need to denigrate someone for their looks, which is typically beyond their control? Is that like denigrating someone for their skin color, also beyond their control? I feel we each, in our own way, have beauty. We each look different and that is wonderful. I love portraits that bring out that beauty in each person. Great-grandparents can be beautiful. Toddlers can be beautiful. We can each be beautiful. What do you think?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 11/20/14 03:45 PM
Had a lovely yoga session this morning. So happy with the rosemary and other plants being in the kitchen area. I breathe them in smile. #yoga
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 11/21/14 02:29 PM
A beautiful morning #yoga session with marigolds, rosemary, and a gently growing rose plant. A lovely way to start a day. #serenity
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 11/22/14 03:01 PM
A wonderful, relaxing yoga session this morning. My body feels so good when I do yoga. Especially the spinal twists. I just love those #yoga
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 11/25/14 03:09 PM
Yoga was lovely today - I made some headway on cleaning the kitchen / dining area. That's where I do my yoga. One step at a time! #yoga
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 11/26/14 03:38 PM
Had a lovely yoga session this morning. Gentle snow is falling and the bird feeders are all full for my little feathered friends. Joyful.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 11/27/14 04:36 PM
A wonderful yoga session - lots to be thankful for. Bob is making us delicious food. We're all healthy. We have a warm home. I am blessed. Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 12/10/14 04:53 PM
Lovely #yoga today - my body really needed it. Feet and calves still sore from two days of non-stop walking bookended by hours of sitting.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/05/15 10:19 AM
A beautiful yoga routine to start the week. So much to be grateful for. Little fishies hanging in there in the new, cycling fishtank. #yoga
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/06/15 03:53 PM
Lovely yoga session then massive effort to sort papers on my desk. Needed to get things sorted and organized. Done! So much better smile.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/09/15 10:43 AM
Started my day with my yoga session. Lovely!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/10/15 01:05 PM
A lovely yoga session this morning.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/11/15 04:18 PM
Had a wonderful yoga session. Serene energy for the day ahead.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/12/15 07:44 PM
Had a lovely yoga session, then found that one of our two remaining tiger barbs had passed away. The circle of life. Hopefully this tank finishes cycling soon. It's near the end of the process but apparently still isn't quite there yet. Only little "half-stripe" is left.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 02/09/15 03:01 PM
A lovely yoga session while watching the birds mob our feeders. Another two feet of snow is falling. The birds are hungry! #yoga
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 02/12/15 03:23 PM
Enjoyed a lovely yoga session, watching the birds hang out at the feeders. Grateful I have a warm house amidst all this snow. #gratitude
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/09/15 10:52 AM
Had a lovely #yoga session; the birds are loving the sunshine. Now to tackle finalizing my mystery novel by tonight - a challenge! #mystery The IPPY awards close tomorrow and I want to make sure this gets submitted in time! smile
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/10/15 11:35 AM
A short #yoga session today - I have to get that murder mystery novel and submitted. Working on that now! How are you doing?
Posted By: Dreams-Chi Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/10/15 12:36 PM
Yesterday, my daughter and I attended a Sacred Seated Yoga class, and it was really fantastic. So, I am doing some of those poses at my computer!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/11/15 11:03 AM
A lovely #yoga session this morning. Pondered the power of words to hurt and to help others. It's amazing how potent word choice can be.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/12/15 12:38 PM
Enjoyed a lovely yoga session today. Sad that #TerryPratchett has passed. It reminds us to treasure every day and say 'I love you.'
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/12/15 02:32 PM
Last night after my workout I did some Kum Nye poses, Tibetan Yoga. It is so relaxing. I wrote an article about Kum Nye:

Kum Nye Tibetan Yoga for Relation

I think I need to write an article with descriptions of the poses.
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/12/15 02:34 PM
Sacred Yoga sounds wonderful. I haven't heard of it. I'm going to do some research. Maybe I can write an article about it.
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/12/15 02:37 PM
I'm working on my Sun Salutations. Since my knee surgery certain poses have become more difficult. So I try to practice a few everyday and wait for my body to begin responding.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/24/15 09:06 PM
Wow my schedule is just topsy-turvy right now. Had a wonderful #yoga session with bluebirds on the suet feeder. Lovely. Now to work!
Posted By: Dreams-Chi Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/25/15 10:19 AM
You just inspired me to do some yoga this morning. I really need to get into a routine!

Started with some Sacred Seated Yoga positions but wanted more so I got out of my desk chair for some sun salutation poses!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 04/03/15 09:47 PM
I did a full yoga session this evening when I woke up about 6pm. My schedule is quite off, but yoga still begins my wakefulness time! smile
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 04/04/15 07:03 PM
Someone asked if yoga should hurt. Here's my response.

Yoga should NOT hurt. Yoga is about gentle stretching and holding. If something hurts, you should stop. It could be you are pushing your body too hard for its current strengths. It could be something about the specific position simply does not work well given an injury or other situation with your body. There should never be pain. There should be gentle stretching.

For me, yoga is intensely pleasurable. It feels wonderful to press into the spinal twists – as if I’m receiving an expert massage. Lowering down from bridge, vertebrae by vertebrae, is sheer bliss. I’ve heard from many other yoga practitioners that they feel the same way. So that is something to look forward to, if you’re just getting started!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 04/04/15 07:26 PM
A few notes:

These posts contain my personal sequence I do each morning as a flexibility / core strength routine. I separately do a cardio routine. Flexibility, strength, and cardio are the three aspects of exercise that are good to include in a weekly health plan.

It could be that your flexibility or core strength happens to be less than mine. That when you go into the hurdler’s stretch, you cannot press your chest against your forward leg. That when you forward bend you cannot press your palms to the floor. That you can’t press your feet flat on the floor in downward-facing dog. That is fine!! We all have different levels of flexibility. Modify the positions so they provide the level of challenge you need.

You should never compare yourself against any other person. Our bodies are different. Our muscles are different! Only focus on your own body. Listen to how it works. Over time you will have different capabilities, as you age and change. That is natural and OK. The sole goal should be as healthy as you can be for the moment. To improve in ways you can improve and to be at peace with your body’s limitations.

It could be that your flexibility or core strength happens to be more than mine. That in plank you easily hold the pose for two minutes without any arm or stomach stress. That is wonderful! If some of the poses are too basic for you, in my configuration, there are always ways to modify them to add challenge. Look up the options and adjust them to fit your current strengths.

That being said, many of the poses, such as Warrior, are not meant to be “hard.” Mountain pose, for example, is not “hard.” Rather, it is about becoming more aware of your body. It’s about tuning in and learning to listen to all the myriad of messages your body is sending to you. It’s about discovering the subtle balance and shift of muscles as you breathe. Hold the pose and simply breathe. Listen. The more you settle into poses like this, the more intimately you come to understand even the slightest changes in specific muscle activity.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 04/04/15 07:45 PM
More Notes:

There’s no race. Go slowly, gently, smoothly, and listen to your body.

This routine here takes me about an hour to finish from start-to-end. That’s because I know it and don’t have to refer to any notes at each stage. I simply move from pose to pose and hold each one the amount of time that works well for me. I hold a spinal twist until I’m “done” – and I move on.

When you are just starting out, you’re going to have to figure out how each pose works and keep referring back to this thread to see what to do next. That means it could easily take you an hour just to get through the beginning section. That’s all right! If that’s the case, work on section two tomorrow and section three the next day. Then cycle through them again.

The more you practice with the routine, the more familiar with it you’ll be. The more you’ll know how to do each pose without looking it up. The more you’ll settle into the pose without having to think carefully about hand alignment or foot alignment. The more you’ll move from pose to pose without checking your notes.

It’s like any other task in life. Someone who is learning to knit has to give careful thought to the movement of the needles. Someone who’s been doing it for a while can mindlessly knit while watching TV. Give yourself time to get comfortable with this new routine!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 04/04/15 08:05 PM
More thoughts smile.

Yoga, like meditation, often creates a myriad of confusing expectations in the mind of a beginner. Maybe they expect monk-on-a-mountaintop serenity at the end of a first session. Maybe they expect the answers to the world’s problems to flower in their mind in a kaleidoscope of blossoms.

Probably the one truism is that whatever you go into it expecting, it probably won’t be that smile. So, with that being said, here are a few thoughts.

Yoga should not hurt. Always listen to your body. If something is hurting, that’s a sign that you pressed your current capabilities a little too hard. Ease up a bit. Be gentle with yourself. Always listen to what your body is saying and respect it. You can do a little more the next day, and the next. There is no race. Build your capabilities over time and you’ll be amazed how far you get.

Yoga’s aim is gentle acceptance. Release any stress about “doing it perfectly” and aim for “doing it the best I can today.” Don’t judge yourself against experts on YouTube who have been doing this for years. Simply aim to have your own body be a little better than it was yesterday. Think of each session as a curious exploration of where your body is today. Aim for “that’s interesting!” rather than “Jeez, why can’t I do that?” Breathe deeply. Praise yourself for your efforts.

The first few times that you do yoga it will probably feel awkward and perhaps uncomfortable. You are doing things your body hasn’t done before. You are stepping out of your comfort zone. That is all right! That is wonderful. It builds strength in your body, your brain, your lungs, your circulatory system, and many other aspects of you. It helps buffer you against stress and even shore up your immune system.

As you get used to the routine, most people come to think of it as comforting and familiar. The poses will feel good physically. It’ll be amazingly wonderful to settle into that spinal twist. Your muscles will sigh with joy as you reach for the sky.

Your brain will ease, too. Stresses will melt away as you settle into the familiar, comfortable poses. You’ll forget, for a while, about whatever is pressuring you. Your focus will be the snuggly blanket of motion which you are enveloped in.

It will be like a virtual vacation that can be summoned at any time, in any location. It will be a high-end spa treatment which is wholly free and helps both your body and spirit.

For the beginner, hang in there. All of the benefits are within reach – and they’re not that far away.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 04/04/15 08:27 PM
ABOUT KRIPALU YOGA (my chosen style)

I could easily write a massive tome about the history of yoga and the many branches of styles. I’ll keep this brief, because the thread's focus is on my personal routine, not on a history spanning thousands of years. Still, I think it’s good for a person to have an inkling of what they are doing.

Yoga’s roots began in India in around 500BC. To simplify, it is about helping your mind focus and your body be healthy. It is not a religion – yoga is practiced by a wealth of different cultures. It is simply about helping the body and mind be as healthy as they can be.

Yoga is practiced by Christians, Buddhists, athletes, CEOs, stressed parents, and just about anybody else who seeks calm and focus in their life, along with a healthy body.

Kripalu yoga in particular is a sub-branch of Hatha yoga and traces to an Indian who, in 1965, founded a yoga society in Pennsylvania. He named his practice after his guru, Swami Kripalvananda. The core tenets of this style are gentle acceptance and relaxation.

When you watch yoga on TV or in videos you’ll see some styles are wildly energetic or involve extreme contortions. They have practitioners sweating in saunas or exhausted after dancing around for hours. Those are all wonderful styles of yoga – but they aren’t what Kripalu is about.

Kripalu is intended to be slow and gentle. It’s about developing flexibility and core strength, rather than cardio. Typically in Kripalu there is no sweating at all. The heart rate is not rising. Instead, it’s about relaxation. About gently becoming aware of your body’s strengths and capabilities. About slowing down and relaxing. About stretching and developing core strength.

I do recommend also having a cardio aspect to your weekly routine. Each human body needs three main types of exercise – flexibility, strength, and cardio. Kripalu yoga helps you build the first two. Add in some fun cardio activity during other parts of your week, and you’ll have an ideal weekly routine to sustain your health for years to come.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 04/06/15 10:55 AM
Enjoyed my #yoga session this morning - I actually did it at dawn! We'll see how long this new sleep cycle lasts, where I'm awake during daylight hours smile. If you're not doing a bit of yoga each day, I highly recommend it. It infuses you with energy and makes your body feel lovely.
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 04/06/15 03:16 PM
Yoga is cumulative. Every little bit counts. I am a night person and enjoy yoga under the stars. When it's warm enough.
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 04/06/15 03:27 PM
You are so right. Any type of pain is your body warning you that you are probably going to far. I always tell students to go to their personal edge, but not beyond. Sometimes it takes a few times to find that edge so by moving slowly in and out of poses you will gradually find your limit.

Sometimes my back will pop out during a pose and yes that does not feel good. I immediately come out of the position, but even then I move slowly out of the pose because "fast" in yoga can cause injury. I see so many people just rush out of a pose when I say to release it, no matter how many times I say release slowly. I think you miss some of the great feelings from yoga by moving out of a pose too quickly.
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 04/06/15 03:33 PM
Kripalu is one of the most well known types of yoga. Their school teaches all types of yoga as well as meditation and Ayurveda, which was once an Indian medicine, now used everywhere.

I've practiced Kripalu yoga before and am always relaxed by the gentle style.
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 04/06/15 03:35 PM
You say this routine "here". Did you describe the routine somewhere. I know you did at one time but it has been quite awhile.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 04/06/15 03:38 PM
Yes I'll go back through the posts and re-post it here smile.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 04/06/15 03:40 PM
Here you go - I posted it in this thread back on 2/4/14 if you want to scroll back. The 12th page.

Here's the yoga routine I'm currently doing. Do you guys do yoga? What poses do you like?

Forward Standing Section
* Standing gently turning arm-flapping-like-open-coat-sleeves, 20 count, a la Kripalu.
* Moon pose, left and right
* Bend back, then bend forward to floor
* Tree pose, left and right
* Sun salutation, 2 rounds
... includes downward-facing dog, plank, cobra, and other poses

Side Standing Section
Warrior Pose II
... includes sub-poses like side angle pose
Warrior Pose I
Hanging triangle

Middle Section
Tucked squat
Lord of the Fishes left and right
Cat-Cow 10x
Extended Child Pose
Rolling Cat-Cow 10x
Extended Child Pose

Floor Section
Hurdler's Stretch, forward back, left right
Spinal twist - knee to one side, arm outstretched to other, left right
Dead bug pose
Bridge pose with very slow release
savasana
Lotus position, 5 halos each way, 5 nose circles each way
Namaste
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 04/06/15 03:44 PM
It's true having a regular practice to go to is wonderful. However, if you have been practicing for awhile you will want to changes poses out periodically. Try some of the poses you tend to avoid. If you're like me you stick to the poses you like, but it is necessary to cover the different groups of poses to grow and advance. Read my article:
"A Short Yoga Primer - Asana"
Short Yoga Primer of Asana
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 04/06/15 03:48 PM
My article: "Yoga for Your Life" deals with a lot of these issues:

Yoga for Your Life
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 04/06/15 04:02 PM
Thanks Lisa. Looks challenging but I think I'll give it a try.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 04/08/15 07:40 AM
Those are great articles, Terri!

I find yoga to be very relaxing.

Yoga reduces cortisol (stress hormone) levels in your body - which can significantly reduce visceral fat levels!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 04/13/15 09:29 AM
A lovely yoga session this morning with sun shining and birds chirping. Now a large to-do list - will take it one step at a time! Namaste!
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 04/24/15 12:01 AM
I'm on vacation in Arizona. Wow, it is sunny and 95 degrees every day. So glad to finally be warm. Inspired me to do yoga out by the pool. Was so nice.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 04/27/15 08:05 AM
OK it's morning and I'm heading to sleep, but I'll do a few gentle twists before I go!

How are you guys doing?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 04/27/15 08:07 AM
I'll still do my actual yoga when I wake up again, even though it'll be evening smile.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/06/15 06:50 AM
A lovely yoga session this morning. I'm so happy the hummingbirds have arrived. I need to set up the back porch feeder so they have two.
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/12/15 05:07 PM
Lisa, I'm going to try your personal routine you sent me. One thing, I'm not familiar with Halos??
I can spell Yoga. smile I've never tried it.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/30/15 05:06 AM
I just did my morning yoga routine for the first time in two weeks. I'd been too busy with 'important projects' to take the time - but my neck, arm, and back had become so achy as a result! The pain was then impacting my ability to work on things and stay focused. I definitely need to do yoga daily to stay pain-free and to be at my best for all I want to get done.
Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/30/15 05:16 AM
Lisa, I also find it important to keep up my daily routine - for me it is beginning as I did today, with the 12 part Sun Salutation. smile
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/30/15 05:22 AM
Susan -

It's so true. When I put yoga aside because I'm "too busy" with server crashes or repairs, then my body gets all sorts of creaks and pains. And that means I can't focus on my work as much. It is much better if I invest the time to stay healthy, even if it means starting my work day a bit later. I then can work so much more quickly and attentively.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/31/15 06:11 PM
I enjoyed my hour of gentle yoga - it definitely helps with my various aches and pains. I need to stay with this each day! Have you yogaed today?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 06/01/15 08:41 PM
I tried to do my yoga routine but this lower back muscle pain is getting worse. It seems to be whatever muscle goes along the lower ribs in the lower right back area. If I try to bend over it has a shooting pain and loses its ability to hold my torso up, so I fold over, which can toss me over smile. Not good. I've contacted my doc to set up an appt. Hopefully it heals on its own. I really don't want it to be something requiring surgery to reattach!
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 06/05/15 03:10 PM
I'm working with horses right now and yoga is a must. It helps to release the tightness in lower back and hips, just so I can get on a horse. Not only does it help keep you centered, it is amazing how the horse knows this.
Posted By: Terri Jo Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 06/05/15 03:12 PM
Susan, what a wonderful way to start the day. It would be great if we all did this. Maybe I see a challenge coming.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 07/07/15 05:34 PM
Weather is absolutely beautiful - did a full yoga session on the back porch with Juliet the cat. And hummingbirds. And phoebes smile.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 07/15/15 02:52 PM
Gorgeous outdoor yoga session - just the right dappled shade and friendly hummingbirds. Breathe in. Release. And a new day begins.
I gave a wonderful private lesson to a friend who took my 200 hour teacher training with me. After the lesson, she gave me feedback on my teaching. It was a chance to improve my teaching and celebrate how far I've come with yoga. What a gift Patanjali gave to this world!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 08/05/15 05:34 PM
Lovely relaxing yoga session in the back yard. Butterflies, hummingbirds, chickadees, titmice, and Juliet sprawled on the porch. Bliss. #namaste
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 08/17/15 08:48 PM
I had a wonderful yoga session today. Every day I can see my flexibility and balance build just a little bit more. I highly recommend giving yoga a try! In the meantime, the Onion reports Buddhists are unleashing tranquility on the west smile

Onion Report on Tranquility
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 08/19/15 01:52 PM
Gorgeous yoga on my back porch. I love the gentle spinal twist poses. They help my spine feel just wonderful. Give one a try! Quick, easy, and oh-so-good for you.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 08/25/15 05:52 PM
A gorgeous day for back porch yoga - the rain has held off! Here's a marigold from my back yard. Did you get outside today?

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 09/18/15 07:10 PM
Today's lovely yoga session on the back porch filled me with calm energy for my day.
Going to Kripalu is on my 'bucket list,' as is Mt. Madonna Center in California and Feathered Pipe Ranch in Montana. So much great places to go, and so little vacation time!
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 10/04/15 10:10 AM
Lovely morning yoga session. So nice to do the spinal twists and get the back stretched out. Now to work on photos from yesterday's gigs.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 10/05/15 07:53 PM
For today's yoga session I was still testing out my new Gaiam yoga travel mat. Sad to say, it's awful. Thin, slippery, and short. I used to love Gaiam, too. Maybe they're too big now and have lost track of their quality control. Still, I'm grateful I can find time for yoga each day and those spinal twists always feel wonderful! #namaste What are you up to?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 10/08/15 09:09 AM
I just finished a great yoga session. My spine feels so nice! I do 1 hr but even 10 min helps.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 10/23/15 02:09 PM
Lovely yoga session on the back porch with autumn golden leaves fluttering around me. Pretty but chilly - I think this'll be the last porch-yoga of the year.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 10/26/15 02:05 PM
Day by day the kitchen is getting cleaner! I was able to do yoga before the large sliding door with autumn foliage beyond. Lovely! #namaste
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 11/02/15 06:17 PM
A peaceful yoga session today; my cat Juliet lent assistance in her unique feline manner. A great start to the week. #namaste
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 12/16/15 06:17 PM
Lovely yoga session by the Christmas tree & Julie the Cat snoozing on the futon. So relaxing. And my new candle! I got it at the BVAA holiday party's gift swap.

Interestingly, even the candle website doesn't describe the scent very clearly. They say: this intense, intoxicating fragrance is aromatic and woody. That's a bit vague smile.

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 12/17/15 07:26 PM
A relaxing yoga session by the Christmas tree with candle, kitty, gentle rain, and SoundScapes on cable. Every day is a blessing. Even if you only have five minutes, make some time for serenity #namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 12/18/15 11:50 PM
My daily yoga session always begins with turning in place, arms gently flapping. Left, right. Left, right. Calming. If you don't do any other yoga today, just do that for a minute. Let it soothe you.

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 12/19/15 08:47 PM
Julie the cat helped me with my yoga by weaving amongst my limbs. What a good kitty, to liven up my exercise smile.

Do a little yoga each day. Even five minutes makes a difference in energy levels and calm focus!

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 02/13/16 12:36 AM
Great yoga session today. Julie the cat helped. It's so much easier to do tree pose on land vs on a moving Cruise Ship!

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 02/15/16 07:29 PM
My morning yoga session was energizing! Today's plan: release one book, send another one to beta-readers, and finish writing a third. It can be done! Maybe even edit & reload the chakras book as well. What are you guys doing today?

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 02/19/16 09:36 PM
LOL I meant to do a ten minute yoga session, because I'm absolutely swamped with work, but somehow I did the full hour and just feel SO good. smile
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 02/20/16 07:24 PM
I only got a few hours sleep - had to wake up early to help take down an art show. So now I'll be doing my yoga-in-bed routine and taking a nap smile.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/21/16 07:29 PM
Just finished my morning yoga. I love the way it makes my spine feel! Even a little yoga every day pays off with wonderful dividends.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/31/16 05:25 PM
I've been sick; I've now lost 8.2lb in the past 10 days. This can't be good. I've been staying hydrated so it's not water loss. I'm about to do my full yoga routine to try to put the brakes on muscle loss. #namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 04/18/16 05:41 PM
I am so, so grateful today. I was doing yoga on my back porch and Julie the cat was lounging beneath the glass table. It was really hot so I got the umbrella from the shed and went to put it into the table's hole. There's a holder beneath the table that the umbrella pole fits into and I gave the pole a nudge so it would wiggle into the hole. The entire glass top shattered into a billion pieces. (The table was over 10 years old - it wasn't even a hard nudge). Julie leapt out, I grabbed her and went inside, and I thoroughly wiped her down many times with wet cloths to get off any glass dust. Luckily she seems wholly unharmed. Then I tended to my feet which had various small cuts. All in all it could have been far, far worse. I'm grateful we're both ok and that now I just need to buy us a new **non-glass** table.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/05/16 06:56 PM
Hurrah! My new yoga mat has arrived to replace the one the glass table shattered onto. So happy! I got the same one as I had before. I love this mat. I'd had the previous one for 8 years.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/10/16 07:13 PM
I had a lovely yoga session today with Juliet the cat snoozing in the sunny window. Peaceful and calm. I need that focus - for the past week Chrome has been crashing more and more to the point that it's become unusable. After reinstalling, rebooting, reinstalling, and disabling every app and extension, I am giving up and converting all my web activity to IE. It's a substantial effort but I've run out of options. Deep breaths smile. #Namaste
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/29/16 07:10 PM
I enjoyed a peaceful yoga session on my back porch; the first one since the glass-table-breaking incident. We finally found the time yesterday to clear off the whole deck, power wash it all, and ensure all the glass remnants were taken care of. Hurrah! I love doing yoga there and am glad to get back into that routine. #namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/30/16 08:32 PM
The rain held off! I got to do my back porch yoga with kitty at my side & then time with my hula hoop smile #namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 06/15/16 04:38 PM
I just finished a serene yoga session in my back yard. There were sparrows sipping water right next to me. Chickadees swooping inches from my head. A caterpillar inching across my toes. A baby jumping spider peering in curiosity at me from my hand. Flowers. Butterflies. So joyful. #Namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 06/15/16 04:41 PM
I also did two minutes with my weighted hula hoop. I love hula hooping! I wanted to do more but I haven't used it in a while and one has to be cautious about ramping up too quickly with these. It can lead to a sore stomach. If you don't have a hula hoop I highly recommend it! It's fun and just so good for your waist / hips / stomach.

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 06/27/16 03:59 PM
Awesome yoga session today with daylilies in bloom, butterflies & dragonflies. Every day's a blessing. If you haven't done any yoga today, take just five minutes to do some! Stand and stretch. Do gentle head rolls. Every little bit helps! #Namaste

Posted By: Shobhit Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 06/28/16 02:05 AM
[img]http://cdn.artofliving.org/sites/www.artofliving.org/files/styles/unity_carousel_inner/public/landing-page.jpg[/img]

I regularly do this yoga to overcome my belly fat...I also do these workouts to get rid of my belly fat - [url=http://news.mynahcare.com/healthy-living/fitness-exercise/10-workouts-to-burn-belly-fat]http://news.mynahcare.com/healthy-living/fitness-exercise/10-workouts-to-burn-belly-fat[/url]
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 07/04/16 04:00 PM
Today's yoga was in the yard because the deck got so hot. I was amongst wildflowers and butterflies - cool! #Namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 07/05/16 07:31 PM
I had a delightful yoga session on the shaded back porch today. I took this photo of my petunia after. #Namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 07/20/16 09:30 AM
Good morning! I just finished a beautiful yoga session surrounded by the morning glories and other flowers on my back deck. I am back from an awesome 2-week vacation on a Danube river cruise with my mom & stepdad. Every day was just stunning. I'll start posting photos soon. I am grateful I could experience it - and I'm grateful to be safely back home. #namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 07/21/16 12:06 PM
Lovely yoga session with a catbird keeping me company. Yoga is an energizing way to start each day. I've got three free ebooks on yoga to help you get started! #Namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 07/27/16 02:11 PM
A beautiful yoga routine on my back porch! This is a titmouse but there have also been cardinal babies with their dad, bunches of titmice, chickadees, downies, nuthatches, robins splashing in the birdbath, and a baby hummingbird who keeps coming over to stare at me. This is great for yoga but it's going to make writing a real challenge smile. #namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 08/08/16 04:01 PM
A fantastic yoga session with morning glories, orioles, bluebirds, hummingbirds, and the kitty by my side. What a beautiful way to start the day.

Here's one of the morning glories.

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 08/17/16 02:52 PM
A beautiful yoga session on the back porch! There are beautiful wildflowers in bloom. This photo was from last Friday at Garden in the Woods. Now on to my writing projects! What are you guys working on today?

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 08/18/16 06:07 PM
Delightful yoga session with hula hoop on the back porch with Juliet the cat snoozing nearby. A wonderful way to start the day. Now on to my writing to-do list. Still aiming to get Diner Book 8 out!

What are you up to today?

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 08/20/16 04:01 PM
Enjoyed a wonderful yoga session on the back porch with Juliet at my side. So much to be grateful for. Then checked CNN and saw this article about a couple being stabbed simply because they were interracial. It's a reminder that some people are still mired in hate. In a mentality of "us vs them." Every day is an opportunity to show that we all deserve compassion, no matter who we are or where we come from.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/20/us/olympia-interracial-couple-stabbing-trnd/index.html
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 08/27/16 02:42 PM
My morning back porch yoga was delightful! A plethora of birds filled the yard. Hummingbird woodpecker cardinal nuthatch chickadee goldfinch bluejay & more! A great start to bring energy & focus to my day. Now on to my task list! #namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 08/28/16 04:48 PM
I did my yoga under the umbrella today to stay in the shade. Here's my view for meditation. Serene. Julie snoozed away. Apparently the birds know she's deaf. A pair of titmice landed on the railing right above her, looked down at her, and sang their little hearts out. Maybe they were testing her. She just snoozed on. #namaste

I'll note that I really wanted a green umbrella but Bob bought the red one because it was cheaper. So now he's promised me we can paint it green. We tried bleaching it first. You can see that that didn't work very well smile.

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 09/12/16 01:31 PM
I only had time for a short morning yoga routine today. Something is always better than nothing. Take five minutes to stretch!

Here's my FREE yoga Step By Step 10 min routine. Yoga helps with nearly every aspect of one's life, health, and focus.

https://www.amazon.com/Minute-Stress-Relief-Focus-Renewal-ebook/dp/B015QEKL7Q/
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 09/13/16 04:39 PM
I treasured a serene back porch yoga session. Then I came inside to read that a dear friend had passed away. Life reminds us that every day is precious. #Namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 09/14/16 12:37 PM
A wonderful morning back porch yoga session in my cool new leggings. I think they're neat. Bob thinks they're super-creepy smile. I should do a video of me hula-hooping in them!! smile #namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 09/26/16 01:58 PM
Autumn is definitely here - it was too chilly for me to do back porch yoga. I moved inside instead. It was great to stretch! Join me in a few simple ones to get those muscles moving. I'm still happy from my delightful Sunday with my son and his girlfriend at King Richard's Faire. #Namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 09/28/16 02:40 PM
Morning yoga time. Even if you have just 5 minutes, stand, stretch, and slowly rotate. Every bit helps the body stay in tune. #Namaste

Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 09/28/16 03:53 PM
Lisa,

So I changed my email address today and like usual I made that change in all my accounts but for here I have yet to receive the email to make it final (i even went back in my profile and did that again) so this is the only place where I was not able to make that email change. Since you were the one asking me to change my email address the other day I figured I should tell you about it.
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 09/28/16 04:45 PM
I have yet to receive that email, I asked for it a few more times and will again do it before watching television.
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 09/29/16 01:18 AM
I am still waiting for that email from Bella Online.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 09/29/16 12:29 PM
Morning yoga time. Join me in gentle stretches. Even just doing a vertical twist, a simple half-moon pose, and forward bend helps the spine gently articulate in each of the six directions. It's important for back health. #namaste

Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 09/29/16 03:14 PM
Lisa,

I am still waiting for that email from Bella Online, I will not even ask for another email today because I did that several time yesterday.
Posted By: Nancy Roussy Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 09/30/16 02:02 AM
Lisa,

I am still waiting for that email from Bella Online.
Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 09/30/16 04:15 AM
Nancy, try training@ bellaonline.com and take out the space ...
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 09/30/16 09:42 AM
Morning yoga time. Even some simple neck rotations can help loosen up muscles. Imagine a halo over your head. Gently trace it! #namaste
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 10/03/16 11:16 AM
Morning yoga time. A short session but much needed - I have a lot to do today and definitely need my focus! Join me in even some simple stretches. #Namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 10/04/16 11:58 AM
Morning yoga time! Usually Juliet helps me but she's been hit with yet another UTI, poor kitty. We had to run her to the vet last night (right in the middle of my final loading of medieval book 14 onto Amazon, so sheer chaos smile ). She's back on antibiotics & pain meds. This time we're doing a full culture & bloodwork to narrow it down better. Hopefully she feels better soon! It's rough being 17 1/2 years old but she hangs in there! #Namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 10/05/16 02:22 PM
Morning back porch yoga - autumn's getting a bit nippy. I'm treasuring each remaining outdoor day. Here's a wildflower from my yard.

#namaste

If you haven't done any yoga yet today, do some simple neck rolls. Every bit helps!

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 10/06/16 02:43 PM
I stayed up all night cramming to get things done; now I'm past 24 hours awake. If I do yoga I'll fall asleep the moment I do a floor pose. smile I need to last 2 more hours to get a few more critical tasks done, then I'm going to sleep. Even if I wake up super-early tomorrow, that'll be fine and get me in proper shape for Indie Author Day from 10-3 on Saturday! #namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 10/17/16 01:55 PM
JulieTheCat helped me with yoga this morning - she slowly explored the yard and I did yoga poses as I walked with her. Beautiful foliage, too. Now I've brought her in and she is continually letting me know she deserves to be outside again smile. But lots to do today. First up, finish applying for grants so I can run free "how to get published" seminars throughout the area, complete with free books. What are you doing today?

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 11/02/16 03:45 PM
Julie snoozing in the back yard. She really wanted to go outside, and there's only a few warm days left to autumn, so I did some yoga in the grass alongside her. Now it's time for me to catch up on a few art-related tasks. This flu-thing is really slowing me down. What are you up to today? #Namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 11/03/16 03:52 PM
I did some backyard yoga with Julie for a while, then had to come in to work. She's unhappy being stuck inside again and is mrowling by the back door. Poor kitty. She's definitely feeling better! #Namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 12/15/16 03:32 PM
I enjoyed a lovely yoga session in my dining area while the birds outside enjoyed their buffet. During the ending meditation I pondered this Chinese Astrology placemat I had on Monday. Usually they give each sign some friends and foes. But the poor dogs ... they seem to have nobody ... I'm there for you, dogs! #namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/01/17 08:43 PM
Enjoyed my first morning yoga of 2017. Yoga brings calm energy & focus. Find a way to add yoga to every day, even if it's just 10 minutes. #Namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/03/17 10:30 PM
I enjoyed a great yoga session this morning complete with some hula hooping at the end. Yoga is a wonderful way to begin a day. It gets that energy and focus started up! I can't quite do this pose yet, but it's good motivation smile. #namatse

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/05/17 04:44 PM
Morning yoga even for just five minutes is a great way to bring focus and energy into your day. Take a 5-min break for some stretching! #namatse

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/06/17 04:00 PM
Enjoyed my morning yoga session - my spine feels so nice when I'm done! Do you do yoga in the morning? Even five minutes helps! #namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/07/17 06:49 PM
I love my yoga routine - it brings calm energy and focus into everything I do. It makes my spine feel wonderful, too! Here's a meditation origami lotus I made last night for a friend smile. Every day is a fresh opportunity for making a difference! #Namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/08/17 06:29 PM
I start each day with yoga and a hula-hoop - it brings me energy and focus for the entire day! Have you done your yoga today? And everybody should own a hula hoop smile. It can be tricky using it in the living room, though! #Namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/10/17 06:08 PM
Yoga. Stretching. Just having Fun. Whatever you call it, you should do it every day. Your body counts on it to stay healthy. Have you stretched today? What kind of stretching do you do? Even five minutes is important! #Namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/11/17 05:24 PM
I adored my yoga session. The stretching makes my body feel so good and healthy. However, I have still have not developed powers of mind-control or ESP that a Facebook contact warns me will happen. Can anyone help? Because if someone can really develop mind-control or ESP just by stretching, there are literally millions of dollars we can claim. I vow right now to donate 100% of my share to battered women's shelters.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_prizes_for_evidence_of_the_paranormal
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/15/17 07:15 PM
I hadn't done yoga the past few days due to a hectic schedule of art shows and book signings. I finally was able to enjoy my full hour of yoga today. My body feels SO SO much better. I highly recommend making time for even five minutes a day. Every bit helps. #Namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/17/17 07:06 PM
My morning yoga routine gives me strength and calm to overcome each day's challenges. Find your focus and energy in a daily practice. Have you done any yoga today? If not, take a five minute break and do some! #Namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/18/17 05:26 PM
Loved my morning yoga routine. Yoga builds strength, confidence, and gives energy for the day ahead. Add yoga into your day! Even five minutes makes a difference. #Namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/19/17 06:01 PM
With all the political turmoil, my daily yoga routine brings me peace, calm, focus, and energy for the tasks ahead. Stay engaged. Be heard. #namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/24/17 03:11 PM
I enjoyed my morning yoga practice. Even a few minutes of yoga each day helps increase focus and energy. Give it a try! #Namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/28/17 10:01 PM
I got caught up in an important Facebook conversation and forgot to post when I finished my yoga session smile. That's all right. The yoga helped me retain focus! I feel strongly that it's important to help those around you every day. It's a key reason we're here. #Namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 01/29/17 07:19 PM
I enjoyed a wonderful yoga session to start my day with energy and focus. Got a pet? Have them join in the fun! No pet? That's fine, too. Stretch and release tension!

For the well-meaning friend who was convinced I would gain paranormal powers by doing hamstring stretches, I can tell you with confidence that I have not developed the ability to levitate or teleport smile. These are just stretches. Good for the body. Good for all bodies.

#namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 02/01/17 11:07 PM
My yoga session today was wonderful. It brings me strength and focus with which to face the day. Have you done your yoga today? #Namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 02/03/17 05:05 PM
I enjoyed a wonderful yoga session! The chickadees, nuthatches, cardinals, and woodpeckers were enjoying the seeds & suet. The daffodil bulbs are growing. There is just so much to be grateful for. Every day is a blessing and an opportunity to make a positive change for our world. #namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 02/04/17 05:40 PM
My daily yoga practice with my daffodil bulbs encourages me to focus and stretch. Every day is a new opportunity for change. I love how their roots intertwine and support each other. #Namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 02/13/17 07:03 PM
I recently finished my daily yoga session. Find a way to move each hour! It can be a walking meditation to bring mindfulness. Those little moments add up and matter! #namaste

One idea is to set a timer on your computer or cell phone to beep and remind you.

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 02/20/17 06:08 PM
Only brief yoga today - this past week has been hectic and it gets far far worse this coming week. I'll get through as much of my to-do list as I can, but there are lots of "Urgent!" things on there. I barely got that cover song video finalized and loaded in time! And now Mused is due tonight!! And the Art-Poetry show goes live next Wed! AAaaagh! smile #Namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 02/24/17 04:21 PM
I just finished my morning yoga routine - it was warm enough to do it on the back porch! In February in Massachusetts! This is insanity smile. And I'm not even talking "a nip in the air" warm. I'm talking t-shirt and shorts weather. Time to send another round of emails to my reps. Sure, it's nice for today - but it bodes very poorly for the planet as a whole, which I care about. #climatechange

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 02/26/17 03:55 PM
My morning yoga with my daffodils. It was a little nippy out today, but still, this weather for February in Massachusetts is unseasonably warm. We need to care for our planet. We only have one. #Namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 02/27/17 06:34 PM
Happy Monday everyone! I just woke up & enjoyed my morning yoga routine. My daffodils are blooming in my pots, I'm energized, and now I've got a massive amount of tasks on my to-do list. One step at a time. First off, check up on all my various contact systems to ensure I'm up to date everywhere. What are you guys up to today? #namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/04/17 06:24 PM
I enjoyed a lovely yoga practice today. It helps me breathe and focus to prepare for the day ahead. Someone asked how I get so much done each week. The answer is that all seven days I begin with yoga, process my to-do list all day, and end with meditation. Every day. Have you done any yoga today? #Namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/06/17 05:01 PM
Daily yoga feels so nice! Do a few stretches. A few toe-touches. A few spinal twists. Even just some head rotations help. Imagine a halo floating over your head and trace it clockwise with your crown five times. Then counter-clockwise. Yoga eases your body, brings fresh energy, and renews focus. #Namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/07/17 04:50 PM
Daily yoga can be simple. Just stand and gently twist from side to side. This stretches the spine and helps it do its job better. Give it a try! #Namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/08/17 05:13 PM
Daily yoga brings a wealth of healthy benefits. It improves balance, reduces blood pressure, and regulates body weight. Even five minutes makes a difference. #Namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/09/17 05:22 PM
Good morning, everyone! Have you done any yoga yet? I love the twists. Aim for even short yoga actions every day. Invest in you! #namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/11/17 04:59 PM
Even short moments of yoga and meditation can help. You can reduce your stress up to 40% through quick, easy pauses. Invest in yourself. #Namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/13/17 03:50 PM
Daily yoga time! Stand and do some gentle spinal twists. Heck, do a few seated halo head circles. Every little bit adds up. #Namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/14/17 06:29 PM
Daily #yoga is better for your body than waiting once a week to do a 'full session'. Do even short amounts of yoga each day! Have you done your yoga today? Even just a head circle? #Namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/15/17 08:38 PM
Are you mindful when you exercise or do yoga? Studies find that mindfulness leads to satisfaction, meaning you keep at it. Did you do your yoga yet today? Even short amounts add up! #Namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/17/17 03:50 PM
No time for an hour of yoga? That's OK. Just do 12 minutes today. It makes a difference. Take a break and spinal twist! #Namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/20/17 05:54 PM
Happy Spring Equinox everyone! My yoga today was wonderful. It was inside due to the snow. I can't wait until I can get out for walks again. Have you ever tried "Forest Bathing"? It's shown to reduce stress, lower blood pressure, and raise energy levels!

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/22/17 04:37 PM
I loved my morning yoga - Bob's band has TWO gigs on Saturday so I definitely need to work on my flexibility and endurance for dancing! I can't quite do this move yet smile. Maybe soon! Did you do any yoga today? Even short, simple moves add up! Do a neck roll!

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/23/17 04:48 PM
Daily yoga is a great way to keep your body strong & healthy. It's free, fun preventative medicine which helps you avoid falls, aches, sprains, and even colds! Did you do your yoga yet today? #namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/24/17 05:18 PM
Yoga time! Did you know yoga protects your spine from a variety of diseases, aches, and issues? Do your gentle twists today! #Namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/27/17 06:25 PM
I loved my morning yoga session. Did you know that our average modern attention span is now just 8 seconds - less than a goldfish? Build your focus and concentration with daily yoga! #namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/29/17 03:40 PM
Daily yoga helps extend your healthy years, ward off cancer, and more. It's amazing how much we're learning about telomeres in cells and how vital they are for health. What exercise have you done today? #namaste

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/business/biotech/sd-me-aging-research-20161217-story.html

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/30/17 04:56 PM
Did you do your yoga today? Even sitting up straight & doing head-circles is a great start! Lifting your spine helps depression & memory

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 03/31/17 07:35 PM
I love my hula hoop - and that means I use it nearly every day. If you find an exercise you love it makes all the difference. What exercise or activity have you done today? How about some yoga? It's great for your spine smile. #namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 04/01/17 05:33 PM
My daily yoga was lovely today - but the warned-of snowstorm never came! We got maybe an inch. Here in Massachusetts that doesn't even count. April Fools Day maybe? Still, April is here! #namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/06/17 04:56 PM
Morning yoga on the back porch was sunny & serene - but had a vast number of tiny little Gypsy Moth caterpillars. Uh oh. Trees, watch out! It looks like it's going to be a bad year for anything green and leafy ...

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/19/17 07:51 PM
I loved my back porch yoga with the birds & breezes. I then helped two friends with their books, and I'm now reviewing audio versions of my own books. It's delightful to hear them read and brought to life! There are such talented narrators out there smile. #namaste What are you guys up to today?

Here's one of my audio books - I adore the way the narrator reads this! Let me know if you'd like to hear this one for free - I have a few free tokens.

Preening Peacock Cozy Zoo Mystery

Here's another of my audio books. Again I just love this narrator smile

Lucky Cat Salem MA Mystery
Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/20/17 05:41 AM
I started the day with a sun salutation that goes through 12 poses in smooth and rhythmic fashion, then ending in a sitting meditation listening to the inner sound of my mantra.

Susan smile
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/20/17 03:50 PM
I enjoyed a great back porch yoga session with the cardinals and hummingbirds. Did you know yoga mitigates pain and depression? It strengthens the brain to handle both far better.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-athletes-way/201505/how-does-yoga-relieve-chronic-pain

#namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/24/17 02:40 PM
I enjoyed my daily back porch yoga. My hummingbirds kept me company. Did you know yoga helps with diabetes and blood glucose levels? Add it into your daily list! I have free how-to books, you know smile.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/news/2017/may/...l-90926117.html

#namaste

Posted By: missdeana Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/25/17 08:57 AM
I am thinking of doing yoga, too. But since I have no time to enroll in a class. Can you recommend any sites or an app that I can download that would help me start? Or is it really necessary to join a class or get an instructor?
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/25/17 01:41 PM
I loved my daily yoga session. Did you know regular yoga practice helps with pain relief & stress management? Add yoga into your daily life! What stretching have you done today? #namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 05/25/17 01:49 PM
MissDeana -

Welcome!

This book explains in detail my daily morning routine, step by step. It's free. So you can see what I do and try starting with just a section of it, if you wish. It's always good to see moves in motion so if you haven't tried a particular pose before I recommend looking it up on YouTube to see what it looks like "in person".

http://www.amazon.com/Yoga-Stress-Relief-Forgiveness-Lisa-ebook/dp/B00S75ILFQ/

I've taken classes before but I prefer just to do yoga in my own home. It's more convenient.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 07/03/17 02:17 PM
I finally was able to do most of my regular yoga routine; my poison ivy foot is slowly healing up. It felt nice to stretch and twist. Have you done any yoga today? How about some nice head-halos while you read webpages smile. #namaste

Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 07/03/17 05:09 PM
I did a slow sun salutation - it felt good to stretch! smile
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 07/04/17 03:35 PM
Happy Independence Day, everyone! I could do nearly my full yoga routine today - the foot is slowly but surely healing. I'm grateful to be able to spend the 4th of July in less pain. Give thanks each day for one's blessings - we all have so much! What are you grateful for today?

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 07/06/17 03:55 PM
I enjoyed my full yoga routine plus some hula hoop time afterwards. My foot is continuing to heal! Hurrah! Now I'm sorting through the photos from my wonderful trip to the Peabody Museum of Native American history on Wed. Just all sorts of amazing items there. Highly recommended. I can use this material for two separate books - my book on Native American traditions and my next Art Theft Mystery book. Heck, plus I can add more details to my Wyoming series which features a pair of Native American heroines. #namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 07/06/17 04:04 PM
I enjoyed my full yoga routine plus some hula hoop time afterwards. My foot is continuing to heal! Hurrah! Now I'm sorting through the photos from my wonderful trip to the Peabody Museum of Native American history on Wed. Just all sorts of amazing items there. Highly recommended. I can use this material for two separate books - my book on Native American traditions and my next Art Theft Mystery book. Heck, plus I can add more details to my Wyoming series which features a pair of Native American heroines. #namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 07/07/17 03:47 PM
I just finished up with a great yoga session on a rainy afternoon. I love the rain, I find it quite soothing. Did you know yoga helps with better sleep? Invest in your health with a daily yoga routine! If you need help, I've got free books that get you on your way, and I'm always happy to answer questions. #namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 07/10/17 01:44 PM
I enjoyed a great yoga session today - my poison ivy foot gets better daily! I can pretty much do all my normal poses now, although it's not quite as bendy as the left foot for downward dog and such. That's ok smile. It's healing. Did you know that even football players use yoga for flexibility? Add a little bit of yoga to today's routine! smile

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/...yoga/103290814/
Posted By: Alexa.94 Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 07/10/17 04:10 PM
I always enjoy Yoga it gives me great inspiration from inside.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 07/12/17 10:00 PM
I had a lovely yoga session during a rainstorm smile
Posted By: Susan Helene Kramer Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 07/13/17 03:05 AM
So far, since it is still morning here, I've done a relaxing meditation. smile
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 07/13/17 05:44 PM
A delightful yoga session plus HulaHoop during the rain, and my new mouse is in! I can finally work with graphics again! I adore my Darkfield mouse but it lasts about 3 years with my heavy use. It was now past that point and was acting *really* flaky. Amazon Prime Day came to the rescue! #namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 07/14/17 02:43 PM
I enjoyed a great yoga session while the cardinals & chipmunks explored the drizzly outside world. Plus tons of fun with my Hula Hoop. I love to hoop! I'm trying to figure out what songs match my hooping BPM. So far the songs have been either a tad too slow or too fast. I'll narrow it down! #namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 07/25/17 01:17 PM
I enjoyed a lovely yoga session. My injured foot is still not quite right, but I found ways to modify poses to accommodate that. Every day can make a difference. If you're having a challenge sticking with your exercise, try adding music! #namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 07/26/17 03:40 PM
Lovely yoga session. I'm still dealing with the foot injury, but every day helps a little bit. I need to keep the rest of me healthy. You probably knew that the act of frowning actively makes you less happy, but did you know that slouching also triggers the mind to be less happy? Find ways to sit up straighter! #namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 07/27/17 04:16 PM
I had a lovely yoga session modified for my injured foot. Many people deal with far more challenging issues. I'm grateful it's just one foot and that, slowly but surely, it's healing. #namaste

What are you grateful for today?

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 07/27/17 04:17 PM
I had a lovely yoga session modified for my injured foot. Many people deal with far more challenging issues. I'm grateful it's just one foot and that, slowly but surely, it's healing. #namaste

What are you grateful for today?

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 07/28/17 01:03 PM
I enjoyed a great yoga session this morning. Yoga provides a WEALTH of free health benefits. Find a way to get yoga into your daily routine! #namaste

With all the uncertainty going on with our health care, it's wise for each of us to do the very best we can to ensure our own health, especially if it's wholly free to do so. Have you done any stretches today? Try some simple head rotations!

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 07/28/17 01:04 PM
I enjoyed a great yoga session this morning. Yoga provides a WEALTH of free health benefits. Find a way to get yoga into your daily routine! #namaste

With all the uncertainty going on with our health care, it's wise for each of us to do the very best we can to ensure our own health, especially if it's wholly free to do so. Have you done any stretches today? Try some simple head rotations!

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 07/30/17 04:00 PM
I tried rolling cat-cow for first time since my toe injury. My toe did ok! Yoga reminds us to be mindful and compassionate to ourselves. Every day is a blessing, just to be here. If my toe never learns to curl again, that's all right. I'm just grateful it's healing as best it can. What are you grateful for today? #namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 07/31/17 12:52 PM
I had a great yoga session today. Did you know that yoga helps buffer against DNA mutations? Some practitioners remain healthy despite having genetic abnormalities. The Icahn Institute did a large study where they tested people for genetic issues. They found quite a number of people who seemed perfectly healthy but it turns out they had DNA mutations. It appears their yoga routine and healthy eating buffered them against their mutations "activating" and causing the disease. #namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 08/02/17 04:31 PM
I had a lovely yoga session today plus some hula hoop. I have lots of writing & art stuff to do today - yoga helps me prepare for both! What are you up to today? #namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 08/04/17 02:13 PM
I enjoyed a lovely yoga session. Bob was my personal DJ - he found exactly the right BPM songs for my hula hoop workout afterwards! What are you up to today? #namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 08/07/17 03:48 PM
Lovely yoga session today. Yoga improves your judgment, memory, perception, and reasoning. All for free! #namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 08/08/17 03:01 PM
Great yoga session today. My injured toe continues to heal. Tree pose on that leg is wobbly but improving. Every day can be an opportunity for growth. #namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 09/02/17 07:22 PM
Today's yoga is a bit late - I got 3 hours of sleep, woke up very early for an art event, came home, and slept another 4 hours. Then, finally, yoga! I've been home two days and did my full yoga each day on nice, solid ground. Well, it sort of feels like it's moving a bit but that will pass soon smile. Tree pose is a bit tricky ... but not as tricky as it was on the ship! Did you do your yoga yet today? Try a few head circles! #namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 09/03/17 03:27 PM
I enjoyed my daily yoga practice plus hula-hoop. Did you know yoga reduces inflammation, helping ease heart disease, diabetes, and more? Even just a few minutes makes a difference.

Did you do any stretching today?

#namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 09/04/17 05:15 PM
I enjoyed a lovely yoga & hula hoop session today. It brings focus & energy to the entire day. Plus natural weight loss.

Have you done your yoga today? Even a few minutes helps! #namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 09/13/17 04:43 PM
Morning yoga time. I'm just back from a week in Myrtle Beach, SC - a gorgeous region. I did my yoga each morning on the porch. We were so fortunate that the storm only gently touched us on the last day. #namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 09/14/17 01:31 PM
Morning yoga time. I did love visiting Alaska and Myrtle Beach but it's SO nice to be back home; to do yoga overlooking my own meadowy back yard. We still have a few hummingbirds! #namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 09/15/17 12:32 PM
Morning yoga was lovely on the back porch. The pepper plants are tinging red. Autumn is approaching! I love the seasons here. If you haven't done any yoga yet today, do some simple head circles. Every bit helps! #namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 10/18/17 03:34 PM
Today was my first yoga session with the kittens. They were fascinated and helped out with various poses by testing my balance. By the end I had soothed them into a snuggly sleep. #Namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 10/23/17 03:07 PM
Morning yoga time. The two kittens helped by crawling in, under, and alongside poses. They have mastered the spinal twist. Did you get any stretching in yet today? Do some neck rolls! No kittens needed! smile

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 12/22/17 05:23 PM
My kittens Zuzu and Felix helped with my daily yoga session today. They especially like walking beneath me when I'm doing plank pose and sticking their tail all over my face. This helps me practice my focus and breathing. Have you done any yoga yet today? Take five minutes to stretch! #namaste

Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 12/28/17 03:41 PM

Do Yoga Every Day - You don't have to do a long two-hour yoga practice every day to get benefits. If your schedule is busy, just make time for ten minutes. Fifteen minutes. Even a few minutes of gentle yoga reaps wonderful benefits for your health. It impacts your immune system, your spine health, your levels of stress hormones in your system, and so much more.

My yoga practice today was fairly brief, as I have some pressing tasks to get done before end-of-day. Even that short time invested repays in dividends as everything else I do hums along at a solid clip.

Did you do any yoga today? Even a brief head roll? Make the time to invest in yourself!

http://www.meditatetips.com/yoga-every-day/
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? - 08/29/18 08:30 PM
[Linked Image]

The kittens are quite helpful in demonstrating how easy a spinal twist pose is. Simply point the arms in one direction and the legs in another. They also like to challenge me by randomly removing various parts of the yoga mat from play. Especially when I'm up in a pose and trying to transition to another one. Have you done your yoga today? If not, roll your shoulders! Every bit helps!
© BellaOnline Forums