BellaOnline
I was a huge NES fan as a kid. Some of my favorite games were:

Mario Bros (1, 2 & 3)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle
Tetris

What about you -- favorite system? Favorite game(s)?
I don't really have a favorite system, but I do have fond memories of the NES. We didn't buy a lot of games so we played a lot of Mario Bros and Legend of Zelda. I also remember being pretty good at Duck Hunt.
There is a vintage system called "Intellivision" and I loved the poker game on there. The dealer had shifty eyes and everything. It was pretty cool.

I also enjoyed the Sega system with Sonic the Hedgehog and Joe Montana's football.

N64 isn't really vintage yet but I loved that system and still have it.
I wanted an N64, but by then I was married and my husband has never been much of a videogame guy. Yeah, we're bucking the stereotypes in my house -- I'm the gamer :-).

The only Sega system that I have owned was the Game Gear and I played Sonic on it. That game was SO hard! I don't think I ever got past the 3rd level. It felt so different to me after playing the Nintendo and the original Game Boy. The way Sonic sped through the loop-d-loops felt very fluid.
I'm showing my age here -- haha -- but I used to love playing Galaxians! Tetris is a favorite of mine, too!
I think that for me, a list of what games I wanted that I DIDN'T get would probably be longer :-). The one that stands out is the Sega Dreamcast. I only wanted it because I wanted to try the Seaman virtual pet game.
Posted By: Iskander Re: Favorite Vintage System / Game? - 04/08/08 06:17 PM
You can probably get a Dreamcast for like, twenty bucks now, though!
Posted By: onmyway Re: Favorite Vintage System / Game? - 05/22/08 08:09 PM
How could I miss this thread?! I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Sega Genesis. I still have it and it works. My favorite game to this day is the first game I ever got on it. Streets of Rage 2. Love that game! I never owned a Sonic game on the genesis but I have it on my Game Gear (still have this too and it works). I beat Sonic for the first a few years ago. I still have my original Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Game Gear, and Sega Saturn. They all work. The games now don't hold my attention like the vintage games for some reason idk why.
Originally Posted By: onmyway
The games now don't hold my attention like the vintage games for some reason idk why.

I'm fascinated by the plot lines of modern games but I can't play a lot of them because the 3-D perspective makes me sick to my stomach. I can watch someone else play them but I can't play myself. I do better with a top-down or side-scrolling view. That the main reason I stick to old PC adventure games or casual games like Diner Dash these days.
Posted By: Adoption Editor Re: Favorite Vintage System / Game? - 06/04/08 06:42 PM
Great thread!

The NES and Dreamcast were my favorites from the past!

With the NES, it was Super Mario Bros., Duck Hunt, Excitebike, and Zelda.

With the Dreamcast, I loved the Virtua Tennis.

I have a Wii now, and love that I can enjoy some of the old NES games from way back when, lol! smile
Posted By: haigy Re: Favorite Vintage System / Game? - 06/16/08 04:44 PM
i used to love faxanadu on the nes a zelda clone but with a catchy tune playing through it. and who didnt use to chuckle along with the dog when you missed too many on duck hunt
For Vintage games, I enjoy the original Donkey Kong, Asteroids and Space Invaders. I also had a Coleco system and an Intellivision Game system as well. There was a poker game I enjoyed on the Intellivision.
Posted By: Straycat Re: Favorite Vintage System / Game? - 09/02/08 08:47 PM
Dr. Mario on Nintendo and Sea Quest on Atari. Still have the original Nintendo machine. It works great.
Posted By: Melylou Re: Favorite Vintage System / Game? - 10/21/08 01:42 PM
Oh the NES!! I picked one up the other day and after probably 16 or 17 years I still remembered all of the secrets and all of the quickest ways to beat Super Mario Brothers. My husband was shocked to find out about my gamer childhood
Posted By: Vekkers Re: Favorite Vintage System / Game? - 05/28/09 11:31 PM
Masters of Magic owned my soul for two years and I still have a heartache for it.
Posted By: dkk2365 Re: Favorite Vintage System / Game? - 04/10/10 12:22 AM
Does anyone play dungeon siege? I have a problem with the quest for Merik and need assistance. I have found him and broke the crystal to free him but he is still frozen in place. How do I get him to unfreeze? Or do I have to start all over again?
© BellaOnline Forums