BellaOnline
Posted By: Preena Bible Basics What's your distraction? - 11/02/12 05:08 AM
Every time I sit to read the Bible, I come across a lot of distractions. The door bell rings just then, my daughter needs a snack, my mobile rings or my mind keeps pondering on the long to do list in my pocket. What are some of the distractions you face and how do you overcome them?

One thing that works for me is making a small prayer just before I begin to read. I also choose early morning hours for Bible Study when the family is not yet up and about.

Share your experiences and let's learn from each other.
Posted By: Preena Bible Basics Re: What's your distraction? - 11/06/12 04:54 AM
Sometimes TV or internet can easily distract the mind from effective Bible Study. Do you find any other reason?
Posted By: sheena poetry Re: What's your distraction? - 06/27/13 04:14 PM
Here are some of the things that distract me: 1. My daughters 2. My to-do list for the day 3. my imagination 4. sometimes, reading the Bible itself is a distraction - let me explain - sometimes, something strikes me as extremely profound or interesting. I will immediately start thinking of telling my friend or my husband...from there, i will go on to imagine what their reply to this will be etc...an overactive imagination is a very tiring thing when you are trying to concentrate :)
© BellaOnline Forums