BellaOnline
Posted By: AprilAlisaMarquette Whose Got Style? - 11/03/10 03:05 PM
My article Forty Something N Beyond Style takes a look at what makes not so young women stylish. It summarizes a portion of what many Ethnic Beauties have learned.

Check it out, and let us know who you feel is a forty-something diva.
Posted By: ExerciseEditor Re: Whose Got Style? - 11/03/10 03:30 PM
Love this article April. Phylicia Rashad has always been a style icon for me. She always looks amazing and exudes class and confidence. Is she in her 50's now?

I also love Sophia Loren, Tina Turner, and Raquel Welch. These ladies got it going on. That's what I want to look like when I grow up (like that'll ever happen, LOL).
Posted By: AprilAlisaMarquette Re: Whose Got Style? - 11/05/10 02:10 PM
Monica,

Thank you so much for the encouraging words.

I too have long believed that Sophia Loren is one of the most beautiful women in the world � even when she flipped the script and allowed herself to gain a little weight. To me she became more of a siren afterward.

I feel the same about statuesque African-American actress Jayne Kennedy. And who can forget the gorgeous Italian-American actress, filmmaker and author, Isabella Rosselini? She spent more than a decade as the face of Lancome cosmetics. I love that she kept her chipped tooth and that she smiled often, because to me doing so said that although she was touted one of the most beautiful women in the world, she --� also a philanthropist -- didn�t place all her value on looks.

Queen Noor of Jordan, a Princeton alum, is also another stylish woman who ever exudes elegance.

Ethnic Beauties, we still want to hear from you too! We�d like to know whom you admire.
© BellaOnline Forums