BellaOnline
Posted By: Webcraft I haven't taken cold medicine in years! - 01/31/09 02:21 AM
Believe it or not all I do when I feel cold symptoms coming on is drink about 2 gallons of water (the size of 2 of those large plastic milk cartons) in a day and the cold symptoms have always gone away! I first heard about this technique in a book and it works! Has worked for me for years, saves me from buying all those dopey medications too:)
I usually drink about a gallon of water a day plus herbal tea. So I guess I need to double my fluid intake to make your remedy work. Thanks for the idea.
Posted By: Joan541 Re: I haven't taken cold medicine in years! - 02/10/09 08:09 PM
I totally agree about the cold medicine. I hate taking it as it makes me feel worse than the cold itself and I've found my colds, when I do get them, which is pretty rare, are shorter in duration. People I know who take lots of cold meds are usually sick much longer than I am.

I use sinus irrigation, eat fresh garlic minced up with some honey and drink lots of green tea and water at the first sign of a cold.
I'm not sure I can give up my mental desire for a "cure". Water seems to easy lol.
© BellaOnline Forums