BellaOnline
Posted By: Donnarie Do you decorate for Fall or Halloween? - 10/09/06 06:41 PM
Hi Everyone!

Autumn has officially arrived. And, with that comes the anticipation of Halloween for some folks, too.

Please feel free to share your decorating ideas and bargains for this time of [color:"orange"] [/color] the year. It's always fun to learn what others are doing.

Happy Decorating,
Posted By: Roni Re: Do you decorate for Fall or Halloween? - 10/09/06 06:49 PM
I just redid two wreathes for the outside of my house and then I am redoing the two brooms that are on the doors...I got a REALLY good deal on fall garland $2.50 for a 6 foot strand that is loaded with stuff. I bought all they had..ergo the decorating frenzy...
Posted By: Lynn_B Re: Do you decorate for Fall or Halloween? - 10/09/06 06:49 PM
We put a pumpkin, some hay and other "fall" decorations out on the porch/walkway. But that's it, really.

Christmas is really the only holiday/season we decorate for.
I have tons of Halloween decorations. When I did ceramics I made some pumpkins and scarecrows. Halloween and fall are fun times to decorate, there are so many things you can do.
Posted By: joanj Re: Do you decorate for Fall or Halloween? - 10/10/06 04:51 PM
Halloween is a fun holiday to decorate for. I have a wreath at my front door that I change with the seasons and lots of fall colored leaf strands all over the house. One thing I like is that you can take out the pumpkins with the carved faces and leave the rest for fall decorations after Halloween.

My husband has really gotten into it this year. He bought some hanging spiders and talking things for out front. Hope he wont' scare the little ones!
Posted By: Donnarie Re: Do you decorate for Fall or Halloween? - 10/26/06 06:24 PM
Joan, I really like your idea of removing the carved pumpkins, but using everything else for the rest of the season.

On my daily walks I am noticing lots of decorations now. My favorite are the scarecrows sitting atop bales of hay.

There are also lots of Halloween decorations going up. I don't decorate for Halloween, but I get a huge kick out of the imagination of others. One house has "cemetary" set up in their yard with faux tombstones and even an iron fence all the way around it.

Their porch has lots of fake spiderwebs and big ugly spiders hanging about. They also have a creepy Frankenstein guy. I wouldn't be surprised if they play scary music when the 31st arrives. I can just see the little kids trying to decide if they dare approach! LOL
© BellaOnline Forums