BellaOnline
Posted By: Phyllis Doyle Burns Meet Marvin - 02/21/13 03:32 PM
Marvin is the newest member of my family.

Marvin's Story

Marvin is twelve years old. He is a Pomeranian. Marvin was homeless, a stray, when Animal Control picked him up and took him to the pound. Marvin's beautiful orange fur was very dirty and heavily matted -- he also had a bad upper respiratory cold. No body wanted him, and the pound was going to euthanize him.

The SPCA rescued Marvin, gave him the name Marvin, because he had no tags. They had to shave off all his fur, cleaned him up and put a warm jacket on him. The Vet checked Marvin and put him on antibiotics. His photo was put on FaceBook and that is how my daughter found Marvin and showed me his picture. My daughter wanted me to adopt Marvin, but since he was sick, SPCA kept him in the Vet's office till well.

We called every day to check on Marvin. He was released for adoption yesterday and there was another family that wanted him, but their "meet and greet" did not work out. My daughter, her fiance and I met Marvin and we all fell in love with him. He snuggled up with each of us, taking turns and giving us many kisses.

We were accepted as Marvin's new family and brought him home to live with me. Grandson visited Marvin last night and the two are good buddies now.

Pomeranian's should not be shaved unless it is a case like Marvin's, where the fur is so dirty and matted. All that Marvin has now is his undercoat till his fur grows back. The undercoat will be shed in the summer. For now, Marvin has to wear a newborn baby shirt (one of my grandson's) all the time, and a sweater over that when I take him outside to tend to business. He is very happy and comfy here and I am so happy to have him. smile

My daughter found Marvin, and Marvin now has his Forever Home with me. smile He is going to be one pampered little boy. I have to go shopping for toys and a real bed for him. He so loves his box bed I made, so, I will keep that by my computer where I spend most the day writing. The new bed will go by my bed. He slept very well last night.
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Meet Marvin - 02/21/13 04:13 PM
A sad story with a very happy ending for Marvin
And for you Phyllis he's so cute
He will bring you so much joy
I'm so happy for you both he is a blessing
Posted By: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Re: Meet Marvin - 02/24/13 10:58 PM
He is so sweet, Phyllis. With his haircut he looks like a baby fox. You are both lucky to have each other.
Posted By: Phyllis Doyle Burns Re: Meet Marvin - 03/01/13 03:31 AM
Thank you, Rosie and Debbie. He is such a gentle, well-mannered little guy. He did not respond at all to the name Marvin. I tried several names and nothing. I started calling him Marvy and he is now used to that and responds when I say his name.

Whoever owned him before trained him very well. He is so sweet, affectionate and understands words very well. When I ask him "Wanna go out?" he runs to the little table where I keep his leash and jacket and sits down to let me get him ready. He is very well trained on the leash.

The other day we were out walking and saw a big dog running around loose, no owner with him. Marvy jumped up and down meaning "pick me up". I picked him up and put him inside my jacket and came back inside. He loves snuggling in my jacket.
© BellaOnline Forums