BellaOnline
Posted By: Gail A - AW&BC Editor TRAM, Implant, DIEP Flap??? - 08/21/08 09:42 PM
Hi everyone,

This week's article talks about reconstruction -- old news to those of us who've made the decision and moved on -- but much more important to people trying to make their decisions right now.

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Posted By: gorgeousred Re: TRAM, Implant, DIEP Flap??? - 08/26/08 10:57 PM
Great article, Gail--as usual smile

The important thing is to ask questions. CONSTANTLY!! My surgeon (who performed my mastectomy) referred me to both my oncologist and plastic surgeon. Great choices I'm relieved to say!

I see-sawed in between a tram flap and an implant.

The implant is a simple procedure and usually gets terrific results but I didn't like the idea of extenders that much and putting something foreign into my chest wall.

The tram-flap procedure is intensive and recovery time is longer but I'm such a good candidate (no scarring on tummy or stretch marks and plenty of skin and fat!)

I'd really prefer a DIEP but I'd have to travel and really can't do that financially.

I've decided on the tram-flap and surgery is scheduled for mid Sept. I'm scared and excited. Kinda like strapping yourself in on the rollercoaster ride!

I'd like to hear from any other ladies about their surgery choices and how they feel now.
Hi Gorgeous! You're sure in my thoughts. I think you'll be happy with your choice but you're right... right now your roller coaster is clicking it's way all the way up to the top. I bet you're stomach's in your throat!

Anyone else care to share their experience? It means the world to those who are out there trying to decide!
© BellaOnline Forums