BellaOnline
Posted By: BritBob Zebra finch breathing strange - 09/15/03 11:55 PM
HI,
We have a pair of zebra finches. My female finch has been breathing very irratically. It`s very warm and humid in the apartment tonight. She`s constantly opening her beak and sometimes she twitches her head, or stretches her neck. It`s like she`s in discomfort. Maybe I`m panicking and it`s the heat? We`ve put the flight cage in the back bedroom where it`s cooler to see if that helps. Could this problem be something else? Mites maybe? As for the male, it`s business as usual!!!
Oh, the female doesn`t have a problem eating and drinking, and she moves as normal. She has four eggs in the nest which she sits, but even in the nest she twitches and opens her beak all the time.

Bob
Posted By: Mavis Re: Zebra finch breathing strange - 09/17/03 01:05 AM
Bob - as far as I know, we don't have any veterinarians who post here, and I am certainly not qualified to give advice on a possible illness.

I would hate to tell you that it just might be the heat if in fact she does have a problem that should be looked at by an avian veterinarian.

If being in a cooler room does not make a fairly quick improvement, I would consider taking her to an avian veterinarian as soon as possible.
© BellaOnline Forums