BellaOnline
Posted By: Jade1978 Zebra Finches losing feathers - 04/11/06 11:01 PM
Today I have noticed for the first time that some of my finches are losing head feathers not far from the top of their beaks. I have recently had 4 new birds hatch and they are now 4 weeks old. The mother, father and one of the young birds have the same condition. I am after any suggestions for fixing the problem as well as any suggestions as to what might be the cause
Posted By: Mavis Re: Zebra Finches losing feathers - 04/14/06 03:22 AM
Feather loss could be from one of the other birds plucking them out - or it could be from illness. I would keep an eye on them to see if one of the birds happens to be picking on the others. If you don't see any signs of this, you should consider taken them to an avian veterinarian to have them examined to determine the problem.
Posted By: Jade1978 Re: Zebra Finches losing feathers - 04/15/06 11:31 AM
Thanks Mavis. I have noticed one of the birds doing something like plucking feathers but as yet I have not seen the bird actually remove any feathers. What should I do with the bird should I see it as the cause?
Posted By: Mavis Re: Zebra Finches losing feathers - 04/15/06 05:17 PM
I would probably put in more toys - especially something with feathers - that is designed with plucking birds in mind. If he is kept busy with the toys, he might leave the others alone.
Posted By: vanthanh8x8 Re: Zebra Finches losing feathers - 12/24/11 09:06 AM
this is one of the best flash games you'll ever know. If you are someone who likes to play games, this is an ideal web site for you. wish you a happy Christmas with peace and happiness ... :) BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Posted By: vanthanh8x8 Re: Zebra Finches losing feathers - 12/24/11 09:07 AM
this is one of the best flash games you'll ever know. If you are someone who likes to play games, this is an ideal web site for you. wish you a happy Christmas with peace and happiness ... :) BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
© BellaOnline Forums