BellaOnline
Posted By: Heather - Birds How to Trim Your Bird's Nails - 11/10/11 06:36 PM
Trimming your bird's nails can be intimidating if you have never done it before. However, it is not difficult but special care must be taken. I discuss trimming your bird's nails in detail this week here:

How to Trim Your Bird's Nails
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: How to Trim Your Bird's Nails - 12/06/11 01:26 PM
Hi Heather:

Thanks for the info and love what you have done with your forum.

Trimming any of our pet's nails can be a total challenge and sometimes I wonder if mother nature intended for us not to do this.

But, hey, I totally understand that sometimes with alot of animals now being indoors, versus being in the wild - for the sake of our furniture, safety or their welfare - this is necessary.

Have an AWESOME day/night...
Posted By: shanlung Re: How to Trim Your Bird's Nails - 12/11/11 07:28 AM
How about making toe trimming a game to be played. Which was what I did and all I needed to do was to tell Riamfada 'Toe Toe' and she would think it was a game for me to file her toe nails.

That took about a week for me to con her it was a wonderful game.
In meanwhile, my blood and marrow from her sharp claws dripped down my arm.
Too many details to copy and paste here. Photos of my arm too gruesome to show here.
http://shanlung.livejournal.com/2008/11/

Look into above on entries on nail filer or filing of claws and perhaps you all might have a much easier and fun fill time in claw filing.

Posted By: nelsonjohn Re: How to Trim Your Bird's Nails - 01/11/12 07:09 AM
thanks for sharing this
© BellaOnline Forums