BellaOnline
Posted By: Angie Google for everything - 08/09/09 02:06 AM
I attended an IAAP meeting earlier last week and the speaker did a presentation of Google documents. I have used Google docs before but not as extensively as she did. She worked for the school system and they used this feature. Although I would not be able to use it where I work, it would work very well within an organization�s committees. In fact after the meeting something came up about the need to schedule a meeting. Rather than start sending emails back and forth, I put together a list of date in a table format and posted it. I then sent the link with editing permission out to the members of the committee. They were able to write in the column the dates they would be able to participate in the meeting. Google docs makes available creating and storing word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation files online.

In the past, I have used books, scholar, the calendar, and, of course, maps, but documents is a really nice feature. Google Sites is also and I have begun a web page. This will replace the genealogy web page I had on AOL since 1998. As you know, AOL quite unexpectedly pulled the plug on their website hosting. I just need to be careful and keep copies of whatever I put on Google in my files. Fortunately, I didn�t lose the content I had on AOL because I had backup files.

If you�re looking for a way to work smart, Google is trying their best to assist you.
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: Google for everything - 08/22/10 06:51 AM
What do you think of gmail?
Posted By: jodiemt Re: Google for everything - 10/21/11 04:43 AM
Yes, Angie. I know, Google works the best for anything and everything you need.
I, myself have used Google docs in my presentation once in college.
Posted By: Deep9988 Re: Google for everything - 02/02/12 11:02 AM
Yes, google is best for everything
Posted By: Pantofi Re: Google for everything - 09/28/12 12:55 AM
Yes, i use google every day.
Posted By: WilliamDonne Re: Google for everything - 04/12/13 03:29 AM
Me too. Google help us in many ways and we should be thankful as they were able to create something that is all in one. Great stuff!
Posted By: clairehobby Re: Google for everything - 07/31/13 04:23 AM
Yes, google is the best, i use it everyday.
Posted By: tashalb Re: Google for everything - 01/28/14 06:35 AM
i love and use the Google.
Posted By: James Andrew Re: Google for everything - 04/16/14 12:17 PM
Yes, No doubt
© BellaOnline Forums