BellaOnline
Posted By: Jim Colyer Support President Bush - 09/22/06 01:03 AM
Part of our problem is that the party out of power wants to impeach the president no matter who he is. I was against impreaching Bill Clinton. To even think of impeaching George Bush is absurd.

No, we are not better off than we were 6 years ago, but we are better off than we would be if Gore or Kerry were president. Bush has risen to the occasion. He has worked tirelessly to keep America safe since 9/11.

This is not Vietnam. All this has happened as a result of 9/11. Muslim fanatics aimed to destroy the heart and soul of America: our economic interests in the Twin Towers and our military strength at the Pentagon. The downed plane was to take out our Capitol and center of government.

Nor is this Vietnam in that no one is being drafted off the streets and forced into combat against his will. The men in Iraq are volunteers, professional soldiers. For my part, if any one of them can not handle the stress, bring him home. We do not need suicides.

Iran is the problem now. I perused the interview Ahmadinejad gave to Time Magazine. Ahmadinejad's world view hinges on his hatred for the United States and Israel. He denies the Nazi holocaust against the Jews in World War II and says that Israel should be "wiped off the map." He resents the U.S. being a permanent member of the United Nations Security Council when, in fact, the U.N. owes its existence to the United States.

Iran is developing nuclear plants. Nuclear energy is a wonderful thing when used for peaceful purposes. Every country which has developed nuclear energy also has the atomic bomb. Iran would be no exception. But it might be the one likely to use it or make it available to terrorist groups. We can not trust the fanatic fringe. If the hijackers had nuclear weapons on 9/11, there would be no New York City and no Washington, DC today. George Bush has looked them in the eye and warned them it will not happen on his watch. Let's support our president.

U.S. PRESIDENTS http://jimcolyer.com/papers/entry?id=50
Posted By: WildFern Re: Support President Bush - 09/22/06 01:05 AM
pfffffft
Posted By: JanZeiger Re: Support President Bush - 09/22/06 02:58 AM
What does IRAQ have to do with 9/11?
Posted By: Rubylox Re: Support President Bush - 09/22/06 04:07 PM
It's not a good ideal to go around bombing people just because they don't like you. Hussein and Osama were never linked but I guess the ideal is to kill all Middle Easterners as payback for 9/11. I just wish that the government would tell the simple truth which is: "We want the oil but not the people."
Posted By: pondlady Re: Support President Bush - 09/22/06 04:13 PM
Colyer, go home!
Posted By: Alexandra Re: Support President Bush - 09/22/06 04:26 PM
Colyer, as far as I can tell, on a scale of 1 - 10, Bush's popularity round here is Minus 7.....
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Support President Bush - 09/25/06 06:51 AM
Bush does not have a proper world view.
Posted By: loveapple Re: Support President Bush - 09/25/06 03:29 PM
As a Brit I can only say that Bush is viewed as a complete idiot this side of the Atlantic Ocean! The fact that Tony Blair has offered him support says something not so good about Blair! The majority of Brits do not support the Gulf war and American Foreign policy in general!
Posted By: Meg_Homeschooling Re: Support President Bush - 09/25/06 06:53 PM
Uh, no thanks.
Posted By: Meg_Homeschooling Re: Support President Bush - 09/25/06 06:54 PM
Oh, did ya'll read the report the Us govt released, FINALLY agreeing that yes, the war in iraq is causing increased terrorism world-wide?

Meg
Posted By: censored Re: Support President Bush - 09/25/06 09:00 PM
Quote:
Oh, did ya'll read the report the Us govt released, FINALLY agreeing that yes, the war in iraq is causing increased terrorism world-wide?

Meg

President bush would have to be one od the most hated presidents in history sureley?

I hope he gets knocked off - this world will be a better place without the antichrist.
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Support President Bush - 09/27/06 09:45 AM
Quote:
Quote:

Meg

President bush would have to be one od the most hated presidents in history sureley?

I hope he gets knocked off - this world will be a better place without the antichrist.

History will decide.
Posted By: Alexandra Re: Support President Bush - 09/27/06 12:17 PM
Quote:

Well, I think that's a bit strong....I have known other government leaders, presidents and people of power who have been more 'hated'... safe to say he is not as popular as some would have us believe....and he doesn't fit the term 'anti-christ', because he is often protrayed as a god fearin' and God-lovin' Christian...I just don't believe he's channeling it as he should....and I think his interpretation of 'Christianity', plus the people he as around him, are both highly suspect and questionable....
Posted By: pondlady Re: Support President Bush - 09/27/06 12:26 PM
Bush does not think, he 'believes.' And nothing is more dangerous.
Posted By: Modern Woman Re: Support President Bush - 10/26/06 12:55 PM
Quote:
Bush does not think, he 'believes.' And nothing is more dangerous.

this is a perfect statement.
Posted By: loveapple Re: Support President Bush - 10/26/06 01:06 PM
Religion and politics are an unholy mix!
Posted By: DJCNOR Re: Support President Bush - 10/26/06 02:16 PM
It is not true that the party out of power always wants to impeach. This has happened only a few times, when the President has abused his office, aside from Clinton, who absolutely did not deserve it. Bush does.

We would be endlessly better of if we had had Kerry and Gore over the last 6 years. We would not have fallen behind the world in things like basic scientific stem cell research, response to the danger of climate change, our kids knowledge of math and science as compared to other countries, among many many other things.

The differences in the distribution of wealth would not be approaching Marie Antoinette proportions. The constitution would be intact, with habeas corpus not a matter of the whim of the executive. 663,000 people would be alive that are not, and a huge amount of resources would not have been wasted on distruction. And we would still have the respect and positive opinion of the world rather than disdain and hatred. I could go on and on and on.

This is like Viet Nam. Bush himself admitted it just the other day. (Missed you talking points e-mail that day?) Those of us who were alive then predicted it, and we were right in all our predictions. They were based on experience, but Republicans don't seem to like learning from the experiences of other times and other countries.

No one is being drafted off the street. Bush wouldn't dare. Instead he abuses those who have already served, pulling them back AFTER they have reached US soil, pulling them back days before they are due to retire and so on. And soldiers are feeling the same way abouttheir government as Viet Nam soldiers did. They are not happy. It's amazing there have not been any documented fraggings.

Iran is no more of a problem than Iraq was. Nor is North Korea. They can rustle their tails, but if they acted the whole world would come down on them and they know it.

I say, let's impeach the guy who is not our President because he did not win the election. He stole it!

DJC in Norwich, UK
Posted By: drea99 Re: Support President Bush - 10/26/06 07:00 PM
Quote:

And never the twain shall meet! (in an ideal world at least)
Posted By: KarynJ Re: Support President Bush - 10/26/06 07:26 PM
Quote:
Quote:

And never the twain shall meet! (in an ideal world at least)

YES!
© BellaOnline Forums