BellaOnline
Posted By: want How to maintain the silver rings? - 01/18/13 03:46 AM
I bought a silver ring from a shop, I don't know if it is a real one. I have worn it for about 3 months, I find it not as shining and smooth as It was before. I don't know the reasons, I don't know how to keep the silver rings too.
Posted By: Meredeth King Re: How to maintain the silver rings? - 01/18/13 10:28 PM
It is a result of oxidation, almost all silver jewelry would experience the progress for long wearing.
In fact, silver should not be worn with gold jewelry mixed, for they are of different character, just like the dress suit is not suitable to be worn with jeans.
Some style of silver would become black, and it is not necessary that it can be worn only after it is cleaned clearly in that the nostalgic taste is great as well, just like the patches on the jeans.
When the color of silver changing into old black, it is very nice to wear retro style items, cleaning it is not that necessary.
Well, hope these tips would help! smile
Posted By: kanika Re: How to maintain the silver rings? - 01/21/13 04:14 AM
you can clean your silver jewellery with dry colgate powder.
Posted By: antjewelry Re: How to maintain the silver rings? - 01/30/13 01:53 AM
You can search on google or I think you should contact silver manufacture or shop to warrant.
Posted By: arnoldous Re: How to maintain the silver rings? - 02/27/13 04:04 AM
"The silver ring looks awaesome in many aspects. The silver ring is formed because of the result of oxidation. They are mainly used for making Jewellery items.

**Note: new users are not allowed to add links/urls to their posts!
Posted By: clairehobby Re: How to maintain the silver rings? - 03/05/13 09:33 AM
Originally Posted By: want
I bought a silver ring from a shop, I don't know if it is a real one. I have worn it for about 3 months, I find it not as shining and smooth as It was before. I don't know the reasons, I don't know how to keep the silver rings too.

It's also the problem for me. Now I have got what I need to know from the repies below.
Posted By: Omily Re: How to maintain the silver rings? - 05/09/13 03:37 AM
Almost all the silver jewelry will experience this process. It's oxidation. u should keep the ring dry. I was told that the silver ring may get oxidation easily when it was wet. It is said that toothpaste can clean the silver ring, and make it shiny as before! u can have a try!!
If the baking soda solution loses its efficacy, dump it out and start afresh with clean water and baking soda.
Posted By: BB -Body Care Re: How to maintain the silver rings? - 05/27/13 10:04 AM
I have experienced this problem with silver rings. I have used the baking soda and water to clean tarnished silver rings.
Posted By: James Andrew Re: How to maintain the silver rings? - 03/31/14 11:57 AM
Jewelry cleaner is a perfect solution.
© BellaOnline Forums