BellaOnline
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Favorite New Artist? - 04/14/09 05:16 AM
What new artist have you come across recently that you enjoy? How did you find them?
Posted By: donnaw Re: Favorite New Artist? - 04/25/09 02:41 AM
Susan Boyle -- no published songs out yet, but I think it will happen as soon as the Britain talent show will allow her to do so after they have their final.

For anyone who hasn't heard her, she is great -- to me, she is a great inspirtation, since she is heavy and not great looking, just sort of normal looking and 47 years old. She proves that talent comes in all sizes and shapes and ages.
Posted By: BlackHearts09 Re: Favorite New Artist? - 06/11/09 07:42 PM
KEATON SIMONS - he is an incredible artist. Very soulful. He has an album out and ever since I bought it, it has been on repeat ever since. I first heard him when watching Harper's Island and then went to his myspace to check out his other songs. He is definitely worth a listen.
Posted By: rockdiva87 Re: Favorite New Artist? - 07/01/09 08:07 PM
James Morrison! I guess hes not "new" seeing as I loved his "you give me something" song but im getting into his new music:)
Posted By: iheartriot18 Re: Favorite New Artist? - 07/21/09 12:19 AM
Lady Gaga!
Posted By: cptracks Re: Favorite New Artist? - 07/21/09 05:18 PM
HumanLab - they are a folk rock band and believe in love for every one. They're an amazing band to see live too
Posted By: Buffalo Woman Re: Favorite New Artist? - 07/21/09 05:48 PM
Ville Valo of HIM e.g. - came across their music on MTV some years ago. I don't know what they are currently doing - but their first few CD's werw/are fascinating.
Posted By: Victoria_S Re: Favorite New Artist? - 10/23/09 11:01 AM
OLEG TUMANOV - melodist [url=http://www.myspace.com/olegtumanov]MySpace[/url] [url=http://www.olegtumanov.com/main/music]Amazing songs for free[/url]
Posted By: ms.feelgoodmusic Re: Favorite New Artist? - 12/29/09 01:40 AM
Hands down this year goes to Dr. E! If you love soulful R&B with a jazz feel that catches you from the first lyric like me Dr. E is the best voice out there. For those who haven't heard of her, she is a talented singer/songwriter and scholar who hails from Cleveland, Ohio. A powerhouse of energy at live shows! I saw her at Von Jazz in Columbus and danced the entire night and anyone who knows me will tell you...I'm NOT a dancer. Anyways if you haven't heard Dr. E's music you should definitely check it out, she gets my vote for the year and I'm after listening to one track, she'll get your vote too! Check her lyrics and melodies on Facebook (i obviously had to become a fan after hearing her live and buying a CD) peace & blessings-ms.feelgoodmusic
Posted By: Jessiecolleen Re: Favorite New Artist? - 11/01/10 10:56 AM
The music artists coming out these day are not even half of those artists that came out during the 90's. :( Everybody sings the same tunes.
Posted By: Sabira - Musician Editor Re: Favorite New Artist? - 12/22/10 10:45 AM
I recently came across a band I really like, called Cultura Profetica. They are a roots reggae/world music band from San Juan, Puerto Rico.

The first song I heard by them, that made me have to look them up and listen to more, is called Un Deseo (A Wish). It has a really sweet, lilting groove, with a jazz influence.

Their vocals are very nice, both the lead and the harmonies.

So I have included them among my favorites.

Cheers!
Posted By: BigBeauty Re: Favorite New Artist? - 01/12/11 06:09 PM
I recently got The Heavy from iTunes. I don't think they're super new but new to me. Love their style of music, some of it sounds like it belongs on the soundtrack to a Quentin Tarantino movie.
Posted By: Allornothing Re: Favorite New Artist? - 03/14/11 03:57 AM
I love the famous singing star JJ Lin from the singapore, really good if you want to know more just contact me or just google it
Posted By: AmericanIdle Re: Favorite New Artist? - 04/19/11 08:15 PM
Has anybody heard any music by Jessie J? She was on Saturday Night Live a few weeks back. She's awesome!
Posted By: Phyllis Doyle Burns Re: Favorite New Artist? - 05/07/11 07:26 AM
Daniel Burns at danielburnsmusic.com

Classical, Blues, and more genres. Awesome!
Posted By: StevenSmith Re: Favorite New Artist? - 06/16/11 10:59 AM
Susan Boyle and Josaih leming, judges were unfair in eliminating him from American Idol
Posted By: msbaby Re: Favorite New Artist? - 07/19/11 08:32 PM
The Mississippi Cadillac Blues Band CD was played over the PA at the Mississippi Braves baseball game in Jackson MS this past weekend.

The song called "Cheatin' Ways" is my favorite. They are an indie band from Mississippi (of course)and their songs are being played all over the place.

Here's their website and the tunes start to play automatically. Don't log off till you hear Cheatin' Ways!

Enjoy!

Mississippi Cadillac Blues Band http://www.mississippicadillacbluesband.com/fr_home.cfm
Posted By: smudgedude Re: Favorite New Artist? - 09/01/11 03:32 AM
really like the band It's Alive right now
Posted By: greenhand Re: Favorite New Artist? - 12/06/11 01:04 AM
Check out Lights Resolve from Long Island- they rock. Get their new album, Feel You're Different, on iTunes or their website today! BellaOnline ALERT: For anti-spam reasons, we restrict the number of URLs allowed in a given post. You have exceeded our maximum number of URLs.
Posted By: constellation Re: Favorite New Artist? - 08/21/12 10:05 PM
Kimbra (through featuring on Gotye's million-selling single) Lana Del Rey (Internet) Foster the People (SNL) Tiger Billy (Radio) Neon Hitch (Internet)
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Favorite New Artist? - 10/11/12 12:36 AM
How do people come across new artists that they like? Do you hear them on the radio? Get told about them by friends? Have iTunes recommend them as "similar to what you listen to"?

I have 13,000 songs in iTunes and even so I tend to listen to my "favorites" in my playlists a lot. I don't even listen to all the CDs I own already. So it's intriguing to think about going out and somehow "looking" for new music.
Posted By: Curtain Fabric Re: Favorite New Artist? - 09/13/13 04:36 AM
Sleeping with Sirens is my fav at the moment. I encountered them on youtube in the top rock videos. Its very emo but excellent.
Posted By: Lisa LowCarb Re: Favorite New Artist? - 01/27/21 06:26 PM
It's interesting how much music has changed even in the past twenty years. It used to be I had a collection of 12000 songs in iTunes and I would listen through them. Now I barely ever touch iTunes. I never go back to CDs or records. It's all about online streaming and YouTube. That makes it so much easier to find new music, because you are constantly being offered 'similar songs' to try out for free.
© BellaOnline Forums