BellaOnline
Posted By: Tmarie Yoga and ritual - 10/11/04 08:36 PM
Hi!
I am looking for a way to incorporate yoga with ritual. I have been losing practice of wicca now for too long, so I thought that by doing yoga as a way of raising energy...it might help. ANyone have suggestions on how to do this? Thanks!
Posted By: MeadWizard Re: Yoga and ritual - 10/12/04 05:10 PM
I have been using Yoga ritually for years. I generally don't include it in my Wiccan work directly but I do use a lot of the breathing and grounding exercises to help get into an Alpha state. However you could also use the asanas to raise energy as you would a chant. I normall don't mix the two and just consider that my Yoga working is another form of ritual which is different from my wiccan rituals which, in turn, are different from my Themic workings. They are all forms of ritual and I tend to borrow bits from one to use with another but overall I tend to keep them distinct.
Posted By: Parthena - Dreams Editor Re: Yoga and ritual - 01/11/05 07:03 PM
Oh yes, yes yes! I had back surgery, my second, in October and am out of commission right now, but I used to use my yoga every single day as a devotional ritual. I learned from videos and had my own sequence. I put on Lisa Thiel's "Songs of Transformation" and focused my mind on the Goddess as I did my asanas. It worked miracles in my life and I can't wait to get back into it.
Posted By: FionaBlackwolf Re: Yoga and ritual - 01/11/05 07:55 PM
I have been thinking about adding yoga as exercise but the idea of the devotional element really appeals to me as well. There is something spiritual in movement in general and focusing on that when doing the yoga... I could see that taking it to a higher level
© BellaOnline Forums