BellaOnline
Posted By: Shanda - Candlemaking How do you scent your home? - 02/17/11 04:12 AM
Polls open for your scent style preference on how you scent your own home. This is not about favorite scents, but how you scent your home (i.e. candles, diffusers, etc.)
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: How do you scent your home? - 02/22/11 08:43 PM
Candles smile
I'm primarily candles, but I do have 3 warmers that get used also. I also use a room spray when I have unexpected guests at the door and I haven't got anything going!
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: How do you scent your home? - 02/23/11 06:29 PM
LOL, I got spray for my bedroom for when our dog decides to pass gas (lol). Of course it is handy for when humans do.

But I do prefer candles and use them when we are awake as I am so not into "burning" down our house by falling asleep.

The warmers sound like a good idea, thanks smile
ROFLMBO!! Yes, it does come in handy for doggie gas. Our one german shephard has the most horrible gas at night!! Of course there have been times it's been aimed at hubby too!! With so many dogs, I'm well aware my house has a doggie odor, so I've got to have spray in case I don't have a tart or candle going. That way I can spray real good if someone shows up, then get something started.

I love my warmers!!
Did you know you can also make your own room sprays?
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: How do you scent your home? - 03/05/11 04:51 PM
No, and are you going to tell us how (lol)
Sorry Angela, I've been uber sick. I ordered some hand made soap from someone on-line and had a very fierce allergic reaction to it. I've been very sick frown You will need 1 gallon distilled water, 1 oz of germaben and your favorite fragrance oils in a 2-6% ratio of the distilled water and germaben. Mix well and there is your very own home made room spray! Many of the candle and soap suppliers also offer a pre-made base to which you would only need to add fragrance oil to. You can also buy unscented/plain incense sticks, DPG and fragrance oil, mix DPG and fragrance oil about 50/50 (you may tweak depending on your preference), soak for 24 hours, let dry/cure for 1-2 weeks and now you have your own incense smile
That's what I do - I buy essential oils and use them for room sprays. I don't do candles often because of small grandchildren running about, but essential oils are wonderful.
BTW, what's a tart warmer?
Posted By: annamichelle10 Re: How do you scent your home? - 07/10/11 05:44 AM
Deffinantly candles
© BellaOnline Forums