BellaOnline
Posted By: skunkmom Baby skunk time of year - 04/04/10 06:05 PM
With so many people becoming interested in skunks I want to remind everyone to check your local and state laws before you buy a skunk. Remember they are not like many other pets learn as much as you can about baby skunks before you buy one or two... Be careful who the skunk is allowed around, even if you are in a legal state. Accidents can occur. They are wonderful pets but they do take special care and considerations. Skunkmom
Posted By: Diana-Exotic Pets Editor Re: Baby skunk time of year - 04/04/10 06:34 PM
That is great advice Skunkmom. Maybe I can help out by directing our guests and members to our skunk advice. The pet skunk, pet skunk care, what to expect.

The striped skunk article will help you out. Striped Skunk

Responsibility and Legal Requirements

Yes, the skunk is a very special exotic pet but the pet skunk is not for everyone.
Posted By: auntmae 54 Re: Baby skunk time of year - 09/09/10 02:32 AM
where is the best place to purchace a baby skunk. i live in missouri.
Posted By: RebeccaG Re: Baby skunk time of year - 09/09/10 02:35 AM
I've always thought they were cute, but have never physically been around one.

Might read that piece to see if one would fit our family.
Posted By: TamanduaGirl Re: Baby skunk time of year - 09/09/10 06:06 AM
I've crossed skunks off my list of ever getting because I know I'd not be able to resist giving it treats and making it fat.
Posted By: Diana-Exotic Pets Editor Re: Baby skunk time of year - 09/09/10 02:20 PM
Proud of you TamanduaGirl for recognizing that a skunk may not be for you because of overfeeding. Not many people would recognize the potential problem. Obesity is a big problem in pet skunks.

Another problem TamanduaGirl is that they are illegal in Missouri. Here is a list of states Skunks legal illegal

I am sorry that is the case. I would love to hear about your pets, I have a feeling you are a very good pet parent smile
Posted By: Diana-Exotic Pets Editor Re: Baby skunk time of year - 09/09/10 02:24 PM
I feel like the bearer of bad news today. Missouri is not a legal state for skunks. legal illegal states

If we want something bad enough there is always pulling enough people together and do some political lobbying smile
Posted By: TamanduaGirl Re: Baby skunk time of year - 09/09/10 10:49 PM
In Oregon the laws are weird when it comes to skunks. You can have one if bought out of state but not if bought in state.
© BellaOnline Forums