BellaOnline
Posted By: Meg_Homeschooling What exotics are your weakness? - 09/16/07 08:12 PM
My weakness is reptiles smile
Posted By: MB2345 Re: What exotics are your weakness? - 09/16/07 08:56 PM
Box turtles. I've got three ornate box turtles and one three-toed box turtle (see my avatar).
Snakes and rabbits - although I'm not sure that rabbits should be considered "exotics" anymore since they are apparently the third most popular pet in the US (I'm guessing that isn't including fish.) I've always wanted a boa, but since I've always had rabbits or housemates with rodents. I need to have fish or bug eating snakes so I don't smell like food! I haven't had a snake in a long time but I keep thinking about getting another one (my sweetie would not appreciate it though! :-( )

Julie
Iguanas. I think they are the perfect pet. We don't have one now but I have in the past owned two. They are clean and quiet and easy to feed. Mine love tomato, avacado, lettuce, shredded carrots and bananas. I had a "hot rock" in their cage and a tall sturdy tree branch with many limbs for them to climb on and boxes for them to hide in.
Posted By: Raynefalls Re: What exotics are your weakness? - 05/07/08 12:54 PM
Ferrets. Over the years we've had many many ferrets. We have only 2 now and when these 2 pass we're not getting anymore. As much as we love them, we're getting older and we're finding that taking care of them is hard on us. Also we're wanting to travel and it's very difficult to find someone to take care of our fur babies.
Not sure they are exactly considered "exotics" but we are about to get another pair of gerbils and I'm SO excited. We used to have a couple when we first got married and I miss having a warm, fuzzy pocket-pet. :-)

Angela
Posted By: sugaababy Re: What exotics are your weakness? - 11/15/08 02:36 AM
i have 2 ferrets and 1 sugar glider =) they are soo cute and playful! i also have 3 cats and a dog... anyone else have suggies?
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: What exotics are your weakness? - 11/15/08 10:22 AM
sugaababy, welcome to the forum, we hope that you enjoy your stay
Posted By: wondering Re: What exotics are your weakness? - 01/03/09 03:18 PM
My weakness has always been rabbits (though I agree, they really shouldn't be considered 'exotics' any more, yet still are by veterinarians). I'm currently owned by two; one is a little agouti mixed breed named Anna, who was found wandering around in a neighborhood and was taken to the Humane Society, where I adopted her, and the other is my goofy English lop, Yofi. Yofi is a clown in a rabbit suit, I swear! They have their own cage (a dog crate made for giant breeds of dogs, adapted to have shelves in it), but the door to the cage is always open. They have their own room and hang out in there when I'm not at home, but they also have access to the rest of my house (with the exception of my bedroom) when I'm there to supervise them. And Yofi certainly needs supervising! When he was just a few months old I'd catch him on top of the kitchen table stealing food, in the cat's litter box - he'd figured out how to use the cat flap in the porch door - and he's also been caught on top of the stove in the kitchen.

I love rabbits, have had them all my life (along with dogs and cats, of course). :o)

~Di
Posted By: 4Ferrets Re: What exotics are your weakness? - 06/19/09 01:24 PM
Definitely ferrets!
My weakness are skunks, ferrets, raccoons and large parrots. I have often thought about a bearded dragon. I am approaching 55 now, a good many years since I started with BellaOnline, I need to take into consideration how long of a lifespan the exotic has. I always check with my daughter when I add any other "family members" to the household. However, she has blessed me with a granddaughter (2-years old) and a grandson on the way. It wouldn't be fair to the animal or her to saddle her with any more "it could happen" but we hope it won't. Diana Geiger
© BellaOnline Forums