BellaOnline
Posted By: pooky Hi everyone I am New to the forum. - 09/05/11 09:41 AM
Hi everyone I am new to the forum. I have been breeding finches for about five years. I have had alot of success with gouldians.
Posted By: Susannah Re: Hi everyone I am New to the forum. - 09/09/11 12:08 PM
Welcome pooky....Gouldians are beautiful, have only bred Zebras.
Hi pooky,

In Mexico, finches are very popular as pet birds, perhaps the most popular after budgies/parakeets.

Out in the wild, recently I have been seeing loads of gorgeous
lesser goldfinches. The males are especially beautiful with their combination of black and bright yellow. In the late afternoon, I have been going to the start of a trail (really the road leading to the municipal dump) about 12 minutes from our house where there is a large puddle that the goldfinches love bathing in. Have been getting super pictures of them in the water and the other afternoon also got primo pictures of a male blue grosbeak bathing. Also, today got delightful pictures of a house finch bathing in a different puddle on a different trail- house finches are one of the most common birds here, appearing both in town and in the nearby fields.

Pooky, If you haven't done so already you might want to check out the Bird Forum in the "Home and Garden" channel/area which focuses on captive birds and has a very well-informed and active editor/moderator there.

Yay! The orchard orioles are back! Soon many other species of migrants will be paying Churintzio a visit. Can't wait for the green kingfishers to make an appearance like they normally do in late September.
Posted By: pooky Re: Hi everyone I am New to the forum. - 09/15/11 12:14 PM
Hi Susannah thanks for the welcome. I used to breed Zebra Finches they are fairly easy to breed compared to the Gouldians. Gouldians are a little more complicated I think. Zebras are alot of fun to breed.[quote=Susannah]Welcome pooky....Gouldians are beautiful, have only bred Zebras. [/quote]
Posted By: pooky Re: Hi everyone I am New to the forum. - 09/15/11 12:22 PM
Hi Les, Here Finches are not as popular as Cannaries and BuggiesI don't think alot of people have trouble breeding Finches sometimes they can be a little fragile and they can die easily if things aren't right for them. I have to say that I have been lucky with the Gouldians I have had a bit of success with them.I love seeing them in the wild they are beautiful. I haven't as yet checked out the bird forum but I will thanks for the info Les.[quote=Les-Mexico Site]Hi pooky, In Mexico, finches are very popular as pet birds, perhaps the most popular after budgies/parakeets. Out in the wild, recently I have been seeing loads of gorgeous lesser goldfinches. The males are especially beautiful with their combination of black and bright yellow. In the late afternoon, I have been going to the start of a trail (really the road leading to the municipal dump) about 12 minutes from our house where there is a large puddle that the goldfinches love bathing in. Have been getting super pictures of them in the water and the other afternoon also got primo pictures of a male blue grosbeak bathing. Also, today got delightful pictures of a house finch bathing in a different puddle on a different trail- house finches are one of the most common birds here, appearing both in town and in the nearby fields. Pooky, If you haven't done so already you might want to check out the Bird Forum in the "Home and Garden" channel/area which focuses on captive birds and has a very well-informed and active editor/moderator there. Yay! The orchard orioles are back! Soon many other species of migrants will be paying Churintzio a visit. Can't wait for the green kingfishers to make an appearance like they normally do in late September. [/quote]
© BellaOnline Forums