Print Thread
#937588 02/12/23 06:05 AM
L
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
L
Hello Everyone!

I am like a Jack-in-the-Box with a broken spring ... or perhaps forgetful that the purpose of a spring is to get Jack (or Jill) to pop out every time the box is opened! And of course it should be opened regularly and more often by far than annually.

It's already 2023 and for another already, well it's already the middle of February! Seems I have a greedy time machine as well, it just gobbles up the minutes so fast that before you know it another year has flown passed.

"Lestie has done well in class but she could do so much better."

I am too afraid to make promises or definite statements about my intentions and 'tick-off-the-To-do-List' for this year which has already taken to winging through the months, but ...

I shall try to do better. I shall try to do better. I shall try to do better.

NO!

I will do much better. I will do much better. I will do much better.

My very best wishes to you all for a 2023 that turns out just right for you, your family and all your garden friends.

P.S. I planted a rose about two months back, 'Double Delight' and already there are two buds developing. Can't wait for them to open. Lucky me. I will get a quadruple delight.

Go here for a reminder: https://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art60047.asp

Last edited by Lestie4containergardens; 02/12/23 06:35 AM.

Lestie Mulholland
Container Gardening Editor

Contain your Delight - it's easy!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
little too chilly and unpredictable here to plant. One day it is 70F and the next day it is 30F

L
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
L
Hello Angie and all,

Yes the weather seems to be playing games all across the world and in many instances it's difficult to say anything for certain, for instance, that this is the last frost day so go ahead and plant. Just when you thought it was safe to go into the water, bam, another cold and frosty night or day hits you! Still, I guess these kinds of things have been testing gardeners and farmers for centuries.

Sometimes plants surprise us and behave in ways we do not expect. Sometimes it could be good to take a cautious chance and see what happens? Plants are stronger than we think.

Anyway, while you are waiting for spring, what are you container gardening plans? Do you have any?

Let me know if there is anything particular I can write about ... I was thinking of writing up about growing cucumbers, they are surprisingly healthy. What do you think?

Cheers for now

Lestie Mulholland

A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
I was just thinking about my boxes on the deck. I usually plant flowers in them but over the past couple of years I reserved one and it has rosemary. I have some herb seeds and thought I might try additional plants in the one box. I have several containers on my deck and in the past have had parsley, basil, and oregano. I'll take a whack at that again this year. Last summer I was away a lot and didn't tend to the containers like I should. I have a mess of left over seeds and thought I might make a mix of seeds and potting soil and sprinkle them in the area below the deck. My biggest problem with growing things in the yard are the deer.

L
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
L
Hi Angie and all,

My rosemary bush is growing nicely and the bees just love the purple flowers. By the way, I make a lovely hair rinse with fresh rosemary ... take about 5 x 6 inch stems remove the spikey leaves and crush in a big plastic bowl. Add about 2 TBS brandy (dark hair) or Vodka (light hair) and top up with fast boiling water. Cover, let it cool completely, strain and bottle. It keeps well enough. Use this as a final rinse when you have washed your hair. No need to wash it out, it's the final rinse. Hair shines, is scented and is conditioned by regular use. Try it.

Anyway, back to container gardening!

Good luck with your seeds, I am afraid I have not been lucky with seeds so many times that I now just rely on seedlings from the nursery. Still, my nasturtiums grow well from seed, sweet peas too.

Angie, we don't have deer here, I must research and see what solutions there are or what plants to grow that deer do not like.

Good gardening everyone ... what is your next season to plan for?

Cheers

Lestie Mulholland

Moderated by  Lestie - ContainerGardens 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:15 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.