Print Thread
#935242 10/11/21 01:16 PM
A
Angie Offline OP
Chimpanzee
OP Offline
Chimpanzee
A
It was officially the last day of Summer but it felt more like Fall. The air was finally cooling down. The first leaves were changing colors on the trees and some were even dropping to the ground. The hummingbirds had flown south for the Winter and I was seeing fewer bees and butterflies. The sky above me was turning gray and sprinkles of rain were falling down. The wind was blowing and I could smell that a heavier rain was on its way. I walked inside and kicked off my shoes but then noticed the overflowing trash can in the corner. “I’d better take this down before it starts to storm”, I thought to myself.

I grabbed the bag and looked down at my shoes. Then I smiled and headed outside without them. It felt so good to be barefoot in the grass again. Even though it was cold and already wet, the lush, green carpet felt alive under my feet. I smiled through the sprinkles and I could feel the child inside me giggle. It had been awhile since I’d let him out to play. My aging and achy body may not have felt like dancing in the rain but my heart and soul sure did. I looked up, laughed, and thanked God for the day. It didn’t matter if it was cool and damp outside. My heart was warm. My soul was light. And my child within was enjoying the last day of Summer.

Why is it that we keep our inner children locked up so much? Why don’t we let them out to play more often? It is they who truly live in the Now. It is they who embrace the joy that each day brings. It is they who love the most purely and unconditionally. It is they who bring us closer to God and allow us to enter into the Kingdom of Heaven. ,p>The next time you get a chance to walk barefoot in the grass then don’t let it go by. That child inside of you wants to come out and play. That child inside of you wants to come out and love. Don’t always be an adult. Let yourself be a happy, joyful Child of God instead.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Angie #935266 10/17/21 03:49 PM
A
Angie Offline OP
Chimpanzee
OP Offline
Chimpanzee
A
The Need of Caring for Others

I firmly believe that the reason people are put on this earth is to assist other individuals and show compassion and empathy towards them. When we really love our neighbors as ourselves, we find that we feel more content, satisfied, and happy about our own lives. Many, many times, you will discover that the happiest people in the world, are the ones that help and care about others.

A son took his old father to a restaurant for an evening dinner.

His father, being very old and weak, while eating, dropped food on his shirt and pants. The mess that he made disgusted the other diners in the restaurant while his son remained calm.

After they were finished eating, the son, who was not embarrassed at all, quietly took him to the wash room, wiped off the food particles, removed the stains, combed his hair and fitted his glasses firmly, When they came out, the entire restaurant was watching them in dead silence, not able to grasp how someone could embarrass themselves publicly like that.

The son settled the bill and started to leave the eatery with his father.

At that time, an old man amongst the diners called out to the son and asked him, “Don’t you think you left something behind?”

The son replied, “No sir, I haven’t.”

The old man retorted, “Yes, you have! You have left a lesson for every son and hope for every father.”

The restaurant went silent.

To care for those who once cared for us is one of life’s highest honors!

https://mygoodtimestories.com/2016/12/12/the-need-of-caring-for-others/

Moderated by  Melissa-Catholicism/Cats 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.