logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
I dont know about any other coutary but in india it is supposed to be the top of all music. Classical music is loved and lived in the fairs, Festivales and every harmonic moment out here. So i define it as divine.

Please visit my blog on
Ipod downloads
Sponsored Post Advertisement
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
I guess I would define classical music from the era it was written as well as the people who wrote it.

My personal favorite is Mozart and his Requiem is spectacular.

I do love a lot of the classics like Bethoven, Bach, Tchaicovsky but have always been partial to Mozart.

I think most people think of classical music from an era point of view and I say that because we now have "Classic Rock" which refers to the 60's and 70's era rock music.

When someone mentions classical music, I just immediately think of Mozart, Bach, etc...

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Teo Offline
Amoeba
Amoeba
Originally Posted By: Abundance

For me? It is the music of the heavens! smile

wink

Minds your wants because somebody wants your mind -Clinton
For me, classical music is technically beautiful and doesn't rely on emotions, or lyrics to give it meaning. It cam be from any era as there are many modern classical composers.

Jan Harper, Current Events Editor
Current Event Website

Never meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

K
Parakeet
Parakeet
K
Originally Posted By: Neil55
Practically, the Classical Music is restricted to 18th and early 19th centure music, roughly from Bach through Beethoven. The works of this period are consistently performed by orchestras and so could be said to have become classics.

I agree. You can't leave any of the fundamentals of this era out by substituting implemenative ways of new music and sum it up to Classical music. Just an opinion.

Kimberly C. Cannon, Former Bulb Gardening Editor
T
T
classical music is so soothing!!

N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
No singing so just music.

BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
BellaOnline Editor
Zebra
Well, I was always taught that the Classical period in Classical Music started in 1750, just after Bach's death and just before Mozart's birth, and that Bach was a Baroque composer. The Classical Music period ended with Beethoven's death. Personally I refer to everything else as mainstream classical but not of the classical period. Most people have a good idea of what I mean by that.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
For me it's about the feel / style of the music. A piece can be played on a flute and be ultra-modern, so it's not the instrument. And if I'm going to a concert that bills itself as having relaxing classical music I wouldn't mind if they had modern-written pieces in that same style. I understand that the word initially had a specific meaning, but meanings change over time. Blues music as a genre has changed over time. I think that's a good thing.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
R
Amoeba
Amoeba
R
Classical music is art music produced or rooted in the traditions of Western culture, including both liturgical (religious) and secular music. Historically, the term 'classical music' refers specifically to the musical period from 1750 to 1820 (the Classical period).

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.