Page 34 of 36 1 2 32 33 34 35 36
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
I think in looking at my priorities that I need to try to smile more...Maybe I need to work more smile-inducing activities into my life :).
Originally Posted by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
I hadn't looked at my vision statement in over a year. It's good to review it periodically. It is: ...SMILE

Hi Lisa, as above, in your list of priorities for the last couple of years you include 'smiling more'. Am curious to know if you decided to smile more on your own accord or because you've been told to smile more. And are you smiling more?? Joy

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I know it's just a phrase, but I do lean toward the thought that word choice matters. It's not that I've been told to smile more :). It's that I have a desire to have more occasions to smile in my life, just as I have a desire to eat healthy foods and to dance the night away. These are joyful intentions which bring me contentment.

As an example, because of the new political situation I have been following the news more closely so I can lobby my representatives on issues. Until recently, I didn't feel the importance of "being heard". I had a sense that things were going in a reasonably healthy direction for the poor and voiceless without my attention. Now I have a sense that the poor and voiceless are being harmed and I need to do my part to speak up for them. That means ingesting much more negative content than I used to. I can definitely see where that is impacting my overall mood. Those around me saw it as well.

I need to even more proactively therefore balance that negative drag with a positive uplifting. I am seeking out positive, encouraging content to remind me that there is a lot to be enthusiastic about in our modern age. We are curing diseases we never thought possible. We are lifting people out of poverty which has enormous ripple effects. I do think seeking out and appreciating those things is important for my overall health.

I wouldn't say that I am necessarily smiling *more* because of those efforts but at least I am not smiling *less* which is what was happening. It's critical for me to have an overall healthy balance of emotion in order to keep working through tasks at a solid rate. For a while I was losing energy and motivation.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J

Hi Lisa, sorry I didn't reply to your post earlier but I've only today realised that since you did a Forum Update at the end of January I haven't received any of the usual emails saying there's been a new post on the Self Development forum. Do I need to reactivate anything my end? Joy

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
OK time for my regular review of my vision statement.

~ help others directly
~ help others help themselves
~ be healthy
~ be serene
~ find the lesson in every day
~ organize my world
~ SMILE

I am still content with that, which is a good sign that I've honed in on what matters to me :).

It's no longer hanging by my desk - I need to print a fresh one out!

Low Carb Forum
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted by Lisa LowCarb
OK time for my regular review of my vision statement.

~ help others directly
~ help others help themselves
~ be healthy
~ be serene
~ find the lesson in every day
~ organize my world
~ SMILE

Hi Lisa, a great list. If everyone had a vision statement like that, what a different world this would be: a world of peace, respect, caring, contentment, etc. Joy

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I'm reviewing all of the items on my 'vision statement and priorities' which hangs by my desk. This is right up at the top. I still resonate strongly with each one.

2020 threw me for a real loop, but I am regaining my footing. I was focusing a lot on being healthy and serene, while my world got very cluttered :). Time to find some balance!

Low Carb Forum
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted by Lisa LowCarb
...2020 threw me for a real loop, but I am regaining my footing. I was focusing a lot on being healthy and serene, while my world got very cluttered...

Hi Lisa, 2020 was unique for everyone in one way or another. Health (especially mental) is key to keeping things in perspective. Wishing you much peace and simplicity in 2021. Joy

D
D
My top most priority is to keep my loved ones happy and whatever is needed to keep them happy and healthy comes under my priority. Of course to keep them happy and fulfill their wishes one need to be self dependent and financially strong. So keeping myself motivated on a professional front is what I do to focus on my priorities.

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted by digileadbee
My top most priority is to keep my loved ones happy and whatever is needed to keep them happy and healthy comes under my priority. Of course to keep them happy and fulfill their wishes one need to be self dependent and financially strong. So keeping myself motivated on a professional front is what I do to focus on my priorities.

Welcome to our Self Development site!

Love, health, and happiness are great priorities. And yes, it is so important to look after yourself first so that you can be of the greatest help to others.

Warm regards
Joy

K
Amoeba
Amoeba
K
Family is always a priority.

Page 34 of 36 1 2 32 33 34 35 36

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.