Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
D
And I do ... unfortunately, my brain is running around in my head like a hamster on a treadmill. I've started several different articles, but they all seem so very trivial compared to all that is going on across the world today. Are other editors having the same trouble? It's certainly not writer's block. It's more that I want to write about feelings, actions, reactions ... how this virus is affecting my family, my town, my state.

But writing about any of that goes against the "timelessness" of the articles we are supposed to be publishing on BellaOnline. If someone were to read them a year from now, they'd know exactly when that article was written. So, I continue to struggle. I'll get something up, but my heart is not in "Visit Old-Town Ninilchik in Spring" or "April Gray Whale Watching Tours". Sigh.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
M
Hi Deb
I struggled with the 'timelessness' in articles too right now, so I broke the golden rule and included it with my articles. It's difficult to find the motivation to write about a place when there are no people in it to create that ambiance. I also believe that Covid will attach itself to every time aspect of our lives and already is timeless on its own. For years, we will use Covid as a marker, and say, "do you remember when?"

I'd say go for it, write about it, it's an epic event. And as the Alaska editor, we need to hear your thoughts to keep us connected. To me, that is about culture as much as a cave in a basin or a log cabin that housed early settlers.

On another note, I think the virus has affected my Canadian Culture site, my newsletter didn't update on its own( as it normally does) and my article won't post in the #1 spot even after I reset it three times on my editor picklist.

I carry on, there are no wrongs unless someone points them out.

A
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
A
Hi All,

What I've been doing is discussing the pandemic and its effects in my weekly newsletters. That way my film reviews are still "timeless" but I am not ignoring the elephant in the room.

Angela K. Peterson
Drama Movies
Editor

Moderated by  DebFrost - Alaska 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.