It's FEBRUARY! What better time to start thinking about and planning an RV trip to Alaska?
RV Travel to Alaska

I love traveling by RV, and have the advantage of already living in south-central Alaska, so my trips within the state usually start in the middle. I just need to decide which direction to head first. One jaunt I'm hoping to take this coming summer is to drive from my home in the Matanuska-Susitna Valley to Valdez and then take the ferry to Whittier. I may return back home from there (the drive along Turnagain Arm is always beautiful), or I may head down to the Kenai again if I have time.

I'm also thinking about planning a trip FROM Alaska to the "lower 48" next fall - sort of a backwards trip from what so many Alaskan tourists do, since I'll "have to" (oh gee, darn ... eh?) return to Alaska in the spring. I've driven from the lower 48 to Alaska several times and adore driving through Canada, but this would be only the second time I've driven it the opposite way, and the first time driving "outside" in my 27' RV.

Let me know what questions you have about traveling to (and through!) Alaska! I look forward to sharing this conversation. Hopefully, we'll get our Canadian Culture editor to pop in with some input about that part of the trip, too. Come join us - Alaska and Canada are awesome!