#931601 09/25/19 02:27 PM
C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
Our sewing endeavors change with the seasons of course but the time between the autumnal equinox and the winter solstice are especially enjoyable when considering sewing projects. With summer at an end, at least in the northern hemisphere, cooler weather can infuse a sewer with renewed inspiration.

Quick and Easy Fall Sewing

Cheryl Ellex
Sewing Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Chimpanzee
Online Content
Chimpanzee
A
Except to replace buttons or mend something, I haven't done any sewing in dozens of years. We were talking about patterns the other day. I still have my stretch and sew patterns which I loved back in the day. At that time, we had fabric stores - notions and materials. Other than Walmart and maybe one other place that sells craft supplies, those fabric stores no longer are around. As a result, the interest in sewing dwindled.

C
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
C
It may seem that a general interest in sewing has dwindled what with the flood of inexpensive clothing available and many brick and mortar stores are no longer around and our busy lives leaving little time to sew should we want to. However Jo-Ann's, Hobby Lobby and Michaels remain as fixtures to carry on a physical presence for sewing supplies (Walmart tries to fill in with very limited items). Many how-to sewing related TV shows like Sewing with Nancy, It's Sew Easy TV, Fons & Porter's Quilting, Quilting Arts and Fit 2 Stitch (to name just a few) seem to have a wide audience as they are renewed year after year, sewing dedicated magazines like Threads, Sew News and Interweave (too many to list) continue with vast subscribers. The number of sewing related interests, blogs, content sites and more online is really enormous. Like any hobby, fine craft interest, cottage industry, or business what spurs our passion and desire to learn and perfect our chosen interest or career might appear to be of limited economic value and or waning resources to others but scratch the surface of the sewing community and a bright world appears! So glad you have posted your views. I believe many may have the same thoughts. Personally I regret the demise of Home Economics once taught in our schools, miss Hancock Fabrics (although sold to Michaels), the proliferation of "fast fashion" and how busy our day to day lives have become.

Cheryl Ellex
Sewing Editor

Moderated by  Cheryl - Sewing Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.