Early March and Lent found my husband and me in the Holy Land on a pilgrimage. This trip was awesome. We were there for about 10 days. This was a remarkable way to be on a Lenten journey. To walk in the Lord's footsteps and be in the places mentioned in the Bible. Just awesome.

After coming home for about two weeks from the Holy Land, we flew to Sydney Australia and boarded a Princess ship. We were in four ports in New Zealand and then we were in Papeete Tahiti for Easter Sunday. We arrived there about an hour before Mass began. A number of us left the ship as soon as we could and hurried to the church which was about two blocks away from the port. It was standing room only. The Mass was in French but the beauty of the Catholic Church is that no matter where you are in the world, Mass is the same even though the language is not. There was a Baptism and First Communion celebrated at the Mass.

This Lent my Bible group read a chapter of John each day beginning on April 1st. There were 21 chapters and Easter was the 21st of April. Reading John after having been in the Holy Land was for me experiencing the entire of the story.