Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
A
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
A
Writer-director Sofia Coppola's feature debut, "The Virgin Suicides" (1999), was released in a special edition DVD from Criterion in April.

Speaking about the film, Coppola said "I definitely was interested in femininity and a girly aesthetic because that is part of me that I’m connected to and enjoy, and also because I grew up in such a macho environment and I cling to that part of my identity. I think it’s something you don’t see too much in film… but, I just made what I liked."

Angela K. Peterson
Drama Movies
Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
A
"I am hard of hearing, I am 30% deaf actually. I was born that way so I’ve always been interested in feeling what I’m seeing if you know what I mean. I’ve always relied on visual stimulation and I don’t listen to conversation. So in the movie ["The Bad Batch"], there’s a lot that happens without words, and I guess it makes people uncomfortable if nobody is talking." Filmmaker Ana Lily Amirpour - Her second feature film "The Bad Batch" is currently streaming on Netflix.

Angela K. Peterson
Drama Movies
Editor
A
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
A
Writer-director Shana Feste has a new film, "Boundaries", in theaters on June 22nd. When asked what advice she would give female directors, Feste replied "I think the smartest thing I did was to work with other women. I’ve only worked with women producers and it has always been an amazing experience. So my advice to the women reading this would be to work with and support other women!"

Angela K. Peterson
Drama Movies
Editor
A
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
A
"For me, it was really important to tie it together, so that there is a connection between the objectification of women, the commodification of human beings, the economic crisis, the materialism of hip-hop…all of these things are connected, as is the post-Communist world and how it has taken on the values of capitalism. So, for me it was very clear, but I realized that I first had to explain the connections. So I was in there, from the beginning, as a kind of narrator." Lauren Greenfield on her documentary "Generation Wealth" which will be in theaters on July 20th. Generation Wealth Official Trailer

Angela K. Peterson
Drama Movies
Editor
A
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
A
Greta Gerwig is writing and directing a new version of "Little Women". The film is currently in pre-production but the star line-up is set: Meryl Streep, Emma Stone, Saoirse Ronan, Florence Pugh, and Timothee Chalamet. Producer Robin Swicord, who wrote the 1994 adaptation of "Little Women" with Wynona Ryder and Susan Sarandon, thinks it"s time for a new take on Louisa May Alcott's classic novel. Swicord articulated the goal for this new adaptation; “It’s really taking a look at what it is for a young woman to enter the adult world. It’s a clear-eyed approach to the challenges women face as they try to bravely move into new situations.”

Angela K. Peterson
Drama Movies
Editor
A
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
A
"I'm not interested in making a film for a niche audience. I want to make films about people who we don't usually see, but for a wider audience so they can all relate to it. So that might make me, as an outsider, tell it in a way maybe someone from the community might not like, but you're never going to satisfy everybody. " Filmmaker Chloe Zhao

Zhao's latest film "The Rider" will be released on DVD and Amazon Video on August 7th. The Rider Official Trailer

Angela K. Peterson
Drama Movies
Editor
A
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
A
Jay Presson Allen wrote the scripts for "Cabaret", "Prince of the City", "Funny Lady", and "The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie". In the following quote, she discusses Alfred Hitchcock and their collaboration on "Marnie", Allen's first feature film.

"He was wonderful to me. So was his wife, Alma. She was very influential in everything Hitch did. She had been a successful editor before they were married, and she contributed a lot to his films. She was around a lot, though not for script sessions. But it was all very easy and open. Alma was knowledgeable, more sophisticated than Hitch. We were together all the time and got along well."

Angela K. Peterson
Drama Movies
Editor
A
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
A
"I do make peace with the fact that I make the kind of movies I make. I am stubborn about who I want to cast in the end. It’s all my choice; it really is. I have no reason to complain about anything, but sometimes it is hard. I think, 'Oh, I should try to have a bigger audience or make more money.' And then I just don’t go that way. Or it’s not offered to me or I pass on it. Sometimes I think, 'OK, I’m going to cast an A-list actor,' and then I just end up not wanting who’s on that list for this particular part. Ultimately, the process of making the movie I like is the most important."

Filmmaker Nicole Holofcener

Her latest release "The Land of Steady Habits", starring Ben Mendelsohn and Edie Falco, premiered at the Toronto Film Festival this week. It is now streaming on Netflix.

Angela K. Peterson
Drama Movies
Editor
A
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
A
The American Film Institute Film Festival, known as AFI Fest, has announced its lineup for 2018. Included is the world premiere of director Susanne Bier's "Bird Box", a dystopian thriller starring Sandra Bullock. There will also be a screening of Karyn Kusama's crime drama "Destroyer", starring Nicole Kidman. The AFI Fest runs November 8th through the 15th in Los Angeles. "Bird Box" will be in theaters on December 21st and "Destroyer" opens on December 25th.

Angela K. Peterson
Drama Movies
Editor
A
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
A
On Tuesday, Kino Lorber released a new six-disc DVD/Blu-ray collection entitled "Pioneers: First Women Filmmakers". The anthology includes films (newly restored) from Grace Cunard, Alice Guy-Blache, Dorothy Davenport Reid, and Zora Neale Hurston. Included is an 80-page booklet and audio commentary from film historians. Also, a number of Alice Guy-Blache's movies are streaming free on Amazon with a Prime membership.

Angela K. Peterson
Drama Movies
Editor
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Angela - Drama Movies 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.