logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
"Dear MyBlogLog Customer,

You have been identified as a customer of Yahoo! MyBlogLog. We will officially discontinue Yahoo! MyBlogLog effective May 24, 2011. Your agreement with Yahoo!, to the extent that it applies to the Yahoo! MyBlogLog, will terminate on May 24, 2011."

Bloggers Unite sent out a very angry rant about this saying that Yahoo is out of touch. I think Bloggers Unite is out of touch. The reality is that most of those blogs are abandoned and taking up space and really serving zero purpose on the internet and making Yahoo zero money.

If you were using MyBlogLog and didn't back up your content on your own computer that is really your problem not Yahoo's. I don't know anybody who uses this service but if you do then you have about two months to back up your info and move it elsewhere. That's more than enough time for the few who do blog consistently don't you think?

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
Koala
Koala
J
I got the notice too so much have signed up at some point but can't remember using it.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
That is so funny. I started quite a few blogs like that at 4 different places and never kept up with them either.

Do you know if blogger or wordpress do anything like this when blogs are inactive for a really long time?

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 04/01/11 05:02 PM.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
I miss the old Yahoo so much! I was never part of their blog part (actually did not even knew it existed) but from almost the start of my life on the internet I have been a member, I finally left in the Summer of 2010 or 2011 or 2012 or 2013. What really did it for me was the email I got telling me I had until a certain date to switch to their new email and if not they would switch for me and everything would be lost, I stayed until almost the last moment then switched and hated it so much soon after I was gone. They destroyed their own website which if you ask me was the best place to be. Their main page was excellent and easy to look at and navigate and they had a lot of interesting different pages. But the best was their games, they even had their own games and they were my favorites (Dice Slider & Pyramid Solitaire & Mahjong Solitaire & Tornado 21 & JT's Block & their bingo and they even had another game with i think tower in the name) and years later I saw that they first got rid of their own games then all the other games. And to top it off about two years ago I went back there and in Canada we cannot even access the main American page (AOL did that many years before).

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.