Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
K
Do you feel low in the winter? If so, you're not alone. More people than you realize are afflicted with SAD, or Seasonal Affective Disorder. This article shows you ways that you can cheer up and beat the winter depression this year.

5 Ways to Beat SAD and Stay Happy This Winter

Katherine Tsoukalas
Natural Living Editor
Sponsored Post Advertisement
H
H
Great Post!! Very good suggestions.

I use two near infrared light bulbs. Not so much for SAD, but to detox I suppose? Like a mini sauna. I read on a sunlighten site: Near Infrared light, however, falls in the spectrum of 700 nm to 2500 nm. (I use them to relax in a way. The warmth is awesome - I do use Goggles just in case)

Boosts metabolism;
Recharges mitochondria
Stimulates white blood cell production;
Reduces body fat; Def PLUS!!
Promotes cell regeneration;
Increases energy; necessary for me this time of year!
Reduces inflammation within the body;
Improves circulation within the body;
Heals wounds faster;
Faster recovery time after working out;
Provides pain relief;
Rejuvenates the skin; YAY.
Lessens joint and muscle pain;
Improves flexibility
Provides anti-aging benefits to your body (-- this is what motivated me to use them. :)

Since I am limited in space in my tiny apartment and going to a fitness center or gym is just not for me, I use a mini-trampoline for rebounding. You don't have to JUMP at all really. Just bounce on it. There are some that have rails to hold onto, for those that get dizzy. I also have an air-walker type piece of equipment and soon will look into hooking up my bike to make it a stationary bike until the thaw.

Supplement with D3 is very important for me due to the fact that where I live, there is no opportunity to get any real sun time on skin. Its below freezing still and the snow will NOT stop. My choice of D3 also has K2 to make sure calcium gets into bones/teeth, etc. I do higher amounts two times a week while the weather is so strange (and the media hype of the flu is constant) and it is dark most of the week. I don't take it every day.

High dose of Vitamin C (qualiC brands), good fish oils and B complex - but I must be careful due to a MTHFR mutation. A decent pro-prebiotic is also on my supps list. So far, so good :)

Sleep - aaaaahhhh. I am careful to mimic sunset in my home during these days - I have my laptop and cell phone apps going that change from blue screen after sun down. I also use Orange glasses when watching tv after sunset. MY ROOM IS TOTALLY DARK! Wifi gets turned off each and every night too. No computer, tv, cell phone or cordless in my room at all where I sleep. I also did measurements of any type of TOWER/EMF coming in and found a cell tower sending signal thru my room - very faint. Would LOVE a faraday cage canopy for my bed and the rug for underneath but it is a tad out of the budget right now.

K
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
K
Thank you for sharing your experiences with how you treat your SAD. It's hard to stay motivated when the winter drags on. I live in New Hampshire and we just had our second storm in less than a week. Ugh. I love the idea of having a mini sauna.

Katherine Tsoukalas
Natural Living Editor

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.