Print Thread
#925458 12/27/17 11:33 AM
A
Angie Offline OP
Chimpanzee
OP Offline
Chimpanzee
A
I do not make new year's resolutions any more. I've been working on my father's letters to my mother during WW2. I'm only up to 1944. I have another two years to go.

Then I want to scan the letters my grandfather received from his family in Italy and Argentina. They are dated between 1900 and 1951.

I also hope to go through my documentation and do a better job of citing the sources. WikiTree has made me very much aware of sourcing my information.

I am sure this is enough for the next couple of years.

Do you have any genealogy plans for the new year?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Angie #925473 12/28/17 07:16 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Genealogy is fascinating. I haven't had the determination to take the time to look into my family tree.

It's amazing that you have your father's letters and those of your grandfather.

I do have a memoir my father wrote about his time in WWII

A
Angie Offline OP
Chimpanzee
OP Offline
Chimpanzee
A
That is so cool to have your father's memoir - his story in his own words. I skim through my father's letters but they don't tell you much as soldiers were conscious that the letters would be read and censored. The motto during the war was "loose lips sink ships." Sometimes a letter would have a word cut own or inked out. The envelopes are signed by the censor. One letter just says, "somewhere in France."

Italian cousins I met who live in Argentina gave me a memoir written by their grandfather telling the story of how he came to Argentina. Family was already there but he was young and he didn't plan to leave Italy but with Mussolini and the problems going on there (and they didn't even have social media like today but there was still"social" media) much like today when one group doesn't like the way you think, he had to leave. The world can be a dangerous place.

Moderated by  GtownmaGenealogy 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.