logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
OP Offline
R
My dad used to buy me tools at Christmas. I did not appreciate them because I had no idea how to use them. If I could do it all over again I would say "Thanks Dad, could you show me how to use these?". I realize now that he was trying to help me be independent, but I used to just throw them into the trunk of my car and I have no idea now where any of them are. I lost my dad several years ago, and I would give anything to be able to go back in time and spend time with him learning to use those tools. Tell me about your gift stories!

Have you ever regifted a gift?
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 12/12/09 08:26 PM

ROBBIE CANNADY
BUSINESS COACH SITE
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
My family and friends have all decided not to give physical gifts any more, because we have too much clutter in our homes. Instead we take each other out to dinner, or invite each other over for dinner. So our "gift" is having a fun evening together. I like that a lot smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
R
OP Offline
R
I love that idea!

ROBBIE CANNADY
BUSINESS COACH SITE
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I still remember my worst gift as one year my Mom and Dad wrapped up underwear and put it under the Christmas tree! blush

It was pretty, but NOT something I wanted to open in front of my little brother (4 yrs younger).

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I've never re-gifted a gift that I don't like...I've re-gifted something that I thought someone else might like - including gift cards or books.

The worst gift I received was from when my first husband and I were married, but then again he thought the same thing about the gift I gave him.
We were broke back then - but I worked in the retail office of a jewelry store and they used to have x-mas sales on return jewelry pieces for staff to buy. So I spent $35 on a used (but expensive) designer watch. It had a few scratches on it, but it would have cost a couple hundred dollars new. He hated the fact that I gave him a used gift. I was thinking it was a really nice (and orginally) expensive watch.
but that same year he gave me a short, skin tight low cut polyester dress with 2 inch red and grey stripes running around it - it had the nerve to even have a belt....the horror!!!
That was our last x-mas together.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
P
P
I never come across such incident..

D
D
mm...interesting...

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I think I've added to my worst gift list. My husband bought me teenage girl style underwear for x-mas and a horrible pj set 2 sizes too large again with a design that should only be worn by a teenage girl for valentines day (see how horrified I am? It took me over a month to come to grips with it...lol) What is it about me that makes men buy me such horrible outfits? I did have one friend though who did buy me a lovely bathsuit once, but other then that men want to buy me clothes that just make me shudder...lol...

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
N
N
The only bad gift I have ever gotten was when I was in sixth grade my parents went shopping and dad picked a sweatshirt for me and it was ugly, I worn it a few times since that was the only time he ever picked something for me, he also got me a skirt that I liked.

Moderated by  Angel - Business Coach 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.