M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Readers,

Notice I didn't say resolution? I said goals this way I can personally think longer term, and most likely achieve them ~ Will you set 2017 goals?

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
I should of came here instead of the resolution thread because this is exactly how I look at it.

I want to eat better, start exercising again, go outside for at least a few minutes a day and continue setting money aside to start a new life away from my parents.

M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Nancy,

These future goals sound excellent! Each day, small steps to achieve the greater picture. At times, I think we place too much on ourselves, for example: I want to lose 50 pounds but I want to lose it in two months! And we all know that isn't realistic, nor healthy; yet we do it!

Part of my year goals are to be nicer to myself.....like if I overdo it- I should sit down and take a break. Or instead of cramming a week long project into 3 days and actually getting it done in two! I think I want to actually be cognizant of the actual process of doing something!!

As a tea editor, I should be slowing down to even enjoy my tea!

So take time and enjoy the part about achieving the actual goal.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
N
N
Mary,

I used to be able to get back up and start again while being positive which was very hard because of me not having anyone around me helping me in any way plus I never had any self confidence but after many years of failures I just could not anymore. Then I started trying again but I always did it without any confidence so of course it always failed with that way of approaching it plus with all my bad luck and everything else. Now I am about to again give my life a restart so hopefully that one will work because I am dying (my soul is attacked - felt like it was dead in 2013 and 2014) and I turned forty years old in November which is not old but it is not young either.

I hope you are able to reach your goals or at the least get to sit down and enjoy your tea at least once a day.

Take care,

Nancy

M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Nancy,

Thanks for your encouragement!!! 40 is the new 20, even though we don't feel like it is.

Little baby steps.....I'm already off my mark as far as some of my top 3 on the list. But, I'll keep going, the eventual end is my goal: completion!

You'll reach your goals try not to be so hard on yourself.
Drink tea and enjoy the slowness of it. Ponder the first goal on your list. Then attack it. smile

Let me know how you do.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
Hello Mary,

Catching up on this thread we know that a whole 'nother New Year has come and January nearly gone for resolutions and rules and goal-setting and bucket lists and all - but still we need to keep thinking, planning, dreaming, plotting and doing.

There is so much to say on this topic!

The journey's the thing, and many times I forget that piece of wisdom. I am so busy berating myself for not having done, then I either procrastinate and not do anything or do what I have to do in such a hurry and with such poor grace I feel cheated by me. And then?

One of my aims this year is to slow down, plan and take baby steps so that the task to hand doesn't become hateful.

One of my immediate jobs is to clean out 14 pots and containers, change, discard poor soil or condition where I can, soak pots in vinegar water before planting them up again. This takes time and effort so I have decided to do them in pairs every week on a Wednesday.

That way the job is not overwhelming, the pots get done so they can be planted up and I enjoy my pot-cleaning journey (I get into mischief and attend to other areas of the garden etc. as my attention span is wonderfully short when I want to avoid something!)

So far so good - I have done 8 so far and am on the way.

If it's to be it's up to me.

Thank you v much for this topic, it sure focuses a girl's mind

Cheers

Lestie Mulholland
Container Gardening Editor

Contain your Delight - it's easy!
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M

Dear Lestie4containergardens,

No one can argue with progress! You're coming right along! Keep up the good work. I have slowed way down, enjoying actually sitting still at times during the day now. But little slow baby steps have won the race with many of my projects!

Keep going....soon it will be spring and we can move to outdoor themes, or we can move indoor projects outside!!

Have fun.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
mary-tea1 #919170 03/29/17 06:27 AM
M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Readers,

Just finished cleaning (deep cleaning) my master closet! Yay! Finally another thing to check off the list!

And a bonus it's spring so this qualifies for spring cleaning!

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
mary-tea1 #919181 03/29/17 08:41 AM
N
N
Good for you!

I need to do mine. My bedroom in the new house has been finished for more than a year but it's a mess with clothes everywhere. Got big plastic containers for these clothes (the rest are in the drawers and the best will be on hangers) months ago and still nothing is done.

M
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
M
Dear Nancy,

I feel like if it's too overwhelming, it won't get done.

Make it a smaller issue: for example just say to yourself, I will hang up 4 articles of clothing and put away 1/2 box of something, then you'll feel a bit of an accomplishment and before you know it, everything will be hanging or put away. Keep at it and when the overwhelming feeling comes, just walk away until tomorrow, but do
something instead.

Like: instead of the clothes, let me clean under the sink (something small, arrange books or mags.) this way no matter what you've accomplished something!
*But the next day go back to hang 4 items up thing...so you really do accomplish this in the end.

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor

Mary Caliendo
Tea Editor
Tea Forum
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  mary-tea1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.