Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 35 of 65 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 64 65
N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
Caught a small spider in the closet of the room I sleep in, mom got it.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
N
N
Just writing something so that the new page appears eek computer!

N
N
Just caught another small spider again in the room I sleep in but this time on a wall, I got it with a mop.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Hmmm - you say that you hate zoos because all animals should be cherished and free, and yet you take great delight in mashing to a pulp innocent little creatures. What if that was a chickadee sitting there in your living room? Would you stomp on it with a boot?

Didn't you ever read Charlotte's Web? Would you stomp that spider?

I want you to try something. Every time you find a spider I want you to say out loud "Spiders are living beings deserving of love." Just say those words. If you then kill it, so be it, but I would like you to just acknowledge what you are doing ... to keep slaughtering creatures has got to add some darkness to your day, with how much you love animals! And we are trying to help you find a better, healthier path in life!

Last edited by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames; 06/03/16 10:24 PM.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Today I found an innocent little spider relaxing behind a picture frame. It was helping my household by eating tiny bugs that might otherwise crawl in my nose while I slept.

I was glad the spider was doing well and that it is an important part of the household. I wished it well. It smiled at me and went on with its daily routine.

Spiders bring great luck to a household.

English proverb:
When a person finds a spider in their life, it's a sign that great wealth is coming soon.

Low Carb Forum
N
N
First of all I do not find any pleasure with killing spiders, I am afraid of them! When I was young I would run out of the room then I slowly learned to get the babies then the other ones but only with a long handle, when it is tarantula size then I completely lose it and yes I am talking real panic attacks! If I would not have that phobia then I would put them outside instead of killing them but it's a miracle that I have learned to kill most (try having something your are deeply afraid of running free in your home - that happened to me in Ste-Florence with a tarantula size spider - it took me months to be able to put my feet on the floor when sitting on a chair and to walk in a room with no lights)! Yes they are living beings and yes they deserve to live in peace but that phobia is not my fault and it certainly is not my fault that spiders are everywhere! By the way even without that phobia I would not let spiders live in my home, I would bring them outside but not let them live in my home!

N
N
Just caught a medium spider in this room! I do not know why but I looked where it was and I was able to see it eventhough it was black on a black floor! eek!

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Ah but I'll point out that you've posted things like "I got it on the first try!" as if this was a wonderful thing.

We all have things we fear in life and part of life is working to face up to those fears. We are not at the mercy of our brains. Our brains are there to serve us. If we build ruts over years where we train ourselves to feel a certain way then it might seem "built in" but it is simply the end result of that training. Like a dog being beaten all the time who now cowers when a person approaches. But there's nothing to say that you need to be that way. You can definitely train yourself to be neutral about spiders. I've seen many, many people do it.

You don't like having panic attacks. You don't like being upset. So let's take steps to change that. Why resign yourself to having daily stress for the rest of your life? It's not like spiders are going to vanish. Spiders will be there every day. If you can learn to tolerate them, then that is a huge stressor that is simply gone from your life. The spiders won't go away. The stress can.

So start just by thinking that they are deserving of love when you find them. Sure, your body will try to react in its same patterns. Think it anyway. That's how the change begins. A tiny thought.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Today there was a beautiful orb spider in the shed. It made the most amazing web. It had caught a few mosquitoes for me!! Good, good spider.

In African folklore, Anansi the spider is a symbol of wisdom. He helps those who are downtrodden find the strength to rise up.

Low Carb Forum
N
N
Of course it is a good thing to get what you are scared of in the first try! That tarantula size spider in Ste-Florence that I was not able to get scared me for months just because it got away! You try to live with your phobia loose in your house!

I know spiders won't go away, I don't want them to go away because they exist for a reason and they deserve to exist, I just do not want them in my house and on me when I am outside because it is my phobia!

Maybe you can train your brain to not have your phobia or phobias control you but not everyone is like you! I have learned to be less scared of them but I cannot learn to not be scared of them!

Page 35 of 65 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 64 65

Moderated by  Elleise - Clairvoyance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.